Denafrips Arce
Aug 13, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #106 of 200
So? Can anybody report back on the sound yet? I have a cumin u1 mini. Thinking about getting this but I also have an Ifi stream with A uptown js-2 power supple. Sound really good.

m usicguy

They haven't shipped yet AFAIK.

Aug 25, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #108 of 200
They chose Arce to be used with Roon as low hanging fruit, it requires no interface and there is a genuine need. Other producers of Dacs choose to avoid this segment due to maintenance of software and they tire of people requesting support of formats that will not exist in the near future. I have Roon with a number of endpoints and can tell you Wi-Fi is a pain and don’t blame them for not supporting it. I look forward to mine arriving .
Bill

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #109 of 200
I wonder how much more would it cost if they pushed it with even basic, but native app to operate it.
I guess that idea of pushing data into rather pulling it out from stream affects performance but for people like me who keep their collection on hard drives it`s overkill if another purchase is a must just to turn music on.
It`s in my opinion very strange business model to limit potential consumers only to Roon users.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #110 of 200
I would equate it to dipping their toes in to the water, having been on the side of software development it is a far greater hurdle than updating firmware. User interfaces is far more complicated to support, Roon does a remarkable job supporting a pretty picky group. Hell I hate just about everyone’s gps interface in my cars.

Sep 7, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #112 of 200
With streamers like the Eversolo DMP-A6 on the market, I'm curious to see how they price this streamer.
My setup with Eversolo DMP-A6:

After I upgraded my theater/music room's 2 front L/R speakers to GoldenEar BRX with the awesome AMT ribbon tweeter, these tweeters are soo revealing and realistic (gave me goosebumps) that it got me to upgrade the weaker links in my chain:
- Added a 3rd GoldenEar BRX as my center channel speaker.
- Added a DDC from Denafrips Iris 12th which improved the sound for my already great Denafrips Ares II 12th (a DAC with R2R technology for 3D live/realism)
- Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer with native Apple Music for hi-res lossless and ripping my CDs to it.

source=Apple Music (hires lossless, and spatial audio surround music) and Denafrips Ares II 12th dac (R2R technology for 3D live/realistic sound).

Sep 7, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #113 of 200
Denafrips Arce shipment has started! I received my tracking info from FedEx yesterday!

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #114 of 200
Denafrips Arce shipment has started! I received my tracking info from FedEx yesterday!
Impressions as soon as reasonably possible please 🙏

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #115 of 200
Sep 13, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #116 of 200
Arce arrived and playing Roon, running I2s into Pontus 2. It replaced a Allo USB bridge signature and a Denafrips Iris . It seems to add a little warmth to my system (welcomed as it was a little dry). Had to fiddle with I2s on DAC and plays fine. My current amp is a class D I built from amp boards purchased from Eric on diyaudio.com, I needed more power for my speakers while I am building Wolverine amp. The funny thing is was a little concerned about loosing my remote control, but even with the remote dongle still in my Allo bridge running with Ropiee renaming the Arce to the same name as the Allo the remote still works in the living room. I went ahead and had them ship the Arse without firmware upgrade and it does skip from time to time hopefully that is fixed in the new firmware.
Bill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #117 of 200
Arce arrived and playing Roon, running I2s into Pontus 2. It replaced a Allo USB bridge signature and a Denafrips Iris . It seems to add a little warmth to my system (welcomed as it was a little dry). Had to fiddle with I2s on DAC and plays fine. My current amp is a class D I built from amp boards purchased from Eric on diyaudio.com, I needed more power for my speakers while I am building Wolverine amp. The funny thing is was a little concerned about loosing my remote control, but even with the remote dongle still in my Allo bridge running with Ropiee renaming the Arce to the same name as the Allo the remote still works in the living room. I went ahead and had them ship the Arse without firmware upgrade and it does skip from time to time hopefully that is fixed in the new firmware.
Bill
How much better is Arce over Allo? Can you quantify as a crude %?

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #118 of 200
Arrived :) After a short troubleshooting regarding external/internal clock the device is playing perfectly over I2S on my Denafrips Pontus II 12th. Beatuful combination. Warmer/brighter/more musical - and it look gorgeous! Went from Raspberry Pi 4 on an Ropieee config on Roon. The Denafrips Arce is a keeper!

arce.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #119 of 200
I would agree with Trondav warmer and more detail, the soundstage cues are more apparent but not overplayed. It is a definite improvement over the Allo bridge. I did move the Allo bridge with the Iris to my headphone system with a Schiit Bitfrost 2/64 and that was greatly improved on the pi4 I was using.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #120 of 200
Arrived :) After a short troubleshooting regarding external/internal clock the device is playing perfectly over I2S on my Denafrips Pontus II 12th. Beatuful combination. Warmer/brighter/more musical - and it look gorgeous! Went from Raspberry Pi 4 on an Ropieee config on Roon. The Denafrips Arce is a keeper!

Noticeable SQ improvement over the Pi?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back