Denafrips Arce
Aug 9, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #91 of 200
For me the critical point here is if you buy this (Arce) then adding a DDC
Why would anyone want to isolate digital signals twice?
So Denafrips ARCE naa only support up to 384khz
Mumbo Jumbo, I guess they are aware that this kind of device will have limited market so it can`t be expensive. 384khz/24bit data is probably in limits of isolator chips used between circuits. Price for higher bandwidth rises fast, as cannot streamer without screen, lack of traditional digital inputs and no support for major streaming services.

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #92 of 200
So, it goes for ~1000$.

~1150$ with VAT if you`re in EU

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #93 of 200
Mumbo Jumbo, I guess they are aware that this kind of device will have limited market so it can`t be expensive. 384khz/24bit data is probably in limits of isolator chips used between circuits. Price for higher bandwidth rises fast, as cannot streamer without screen, lack of traditional digital inputs and no support for major streaming services.
What’s true is that higher frequency oscillators have higher jitter. Typically cost for the XO is the same. What’s not consistent is that their DACs do run higher frequencies.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #94 of 200
What’s true is that higher frequency oscillators have higher jitter. Typically cost for the XO is the same. What’s not consistent is that their DACs do run higher frequencies.
How much higher jitter for 768khz? Denafrips claimed their dac with 1536k/dsd1024 abilty was forced by HQPlayer user market although sound quality is not best

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #95 of 200
Depends per oscillator type. If using a doubler circuit at least 6 dB increase in phase noise, so a doubling jitter for each doubling of frequency. In practice when using a different crystal it’s different, for example if you compare the Crystek datasheets you see +3dB for the frequencies of interest when going from 22/24 to 45/49 MHz. Not sure what brand of clocks Denafrips uses? If known, you could maybe find it in the clock datasheets.

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #96 of 200
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #98 of 200
Aug 12, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #99 of 200
If Denafrips offered wifi as an option it would be the perfect streamer for my needs.

Aug 12, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #100 of 200
Aug 12, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #101 of 200
Why do you need WiFi?
because there is no way to connect an ethernet cable from the router to the streamer, the electrical conduits of my residence do not accommodate more cables than the ones that already exist and I would have to live with a cable crossing the living room

Aug 12, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #102 of 200
because there is no way to connect an ethernet cable from the router to the streamer, the electrical conduits of my residence do not accommodate more cables than the ones that already exist and I would have to live with a cable crossing the living room
Just a thought, could you take some external cat cable outside, run it along the wall and back in where you need it?

Aug 12, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #103 of 200
Just a thought, could you take some external cat cable outside, run it along the wall and back in where you need it?
of course, this would be a technically feasible and aesthetically (in my case) questionable option, but if there are streamers on the market that offer the wifi option, as is the iFi Zen I own, why do it?

I would like to integrate Arce into my system because it has an i2s output, eliminating the use of a DDC, and above all because I trust the quality of Denafrips products, especially the care they show with the power supply of the devices, but without wifi there are better options for me.

Aug 12, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #104 of 200
of course, this would be a technically feasible and aesthetically (in my case) questionable option, but if there are streamers on the market that offer the wifi option, as is the iFi Zen I own, why do it?

I would like to integrate Arce into my system because it has an i2s output, eliminating the use of a DDC, and above all because I trust the quality of Denafrips products, especially the care they show with the power supply of the devices, but without wifi there are better options for me.
Why don't you get a repeater with ethernet output (i have the AVM Fritz!Repeater 3000). You can connect also a network switch to the repeater (which is what i have done) and you will not care anymore If a device has WiFi or not...

Aug 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #105 of 200
So? Can anybody report back on the sound yet? I have a cumin u1 mini. Thinking about getting this but I also have an Ifi stream with A uptown js-2 power supple. Sound really good.

m usicguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back