Denafrips Arce
Dec 24, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #166 of 198
Dec 26, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #167 of 198
Hi,

If someone could help me with this questions about Arce purchase I will be grateful.
How much on customs fees and shipping from Vinshine to US?
Approximately values will help.

Cheers.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #169 of 198
I have been using the Arce for about 3 months now, with Roon. My current setup is Mac Mini -> Arce -> Venus 12th -> Cayin Soul 170i -> CSS 1TDX. I am really happy with the outcome. The system is stable and the sound is just awesome and much better than it was with the SMS200 Ultra NEO + Sotm sps 500, and it was already really good then. The tone, and imaging have improved now and so has the soundstage. The sound is very open, and detailed while remaining very musical and “full”. The treble is very clear but does not fatigue something that could happen before at times; the SMS200 could feel a bit analytical and dry with some recordings but none of this now. I updated the firmware recently and it was very easy following the instructions from Vinshine’s video. I am very glad I bought the Arce. It works very well with the rest of the equipment I own and I now have sound I can live with for a long time.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #170 of 198
Same here have been listening for 3 months. I don’t understand how some one who does not actually owned one can be so critical. As a Roon bridge it improved the sound from a Allo bridge with a DDS considerably .I use it with a Pontus 12 strait into my Aegis headphone amp and I could not be more pleased.

Jan 30, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #171 of 198
Anyone having issues with DSD upsampling? Upsampling in Roon to Arce to Pontus II via I2S results in left/right channels reversing. Tried various I2S pinout configurations on both Arce and Pontus. Other outputs - usb, coaxial - work as expected. Currently just swapped the interconnects to the preamp.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #173 of 198
Support said it was shipped with latest firmware - was shipped just last week. I may go ahead and do an update anyway.

Update: issue was corrected through an adjustment in the Pontus settings, selecting Mute and then toggle CO1 or CO2 to swap channels for DSD.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #174 of 198
Support said it was shipped with latest firmware - was shipped just last week. I may go ahead and do an update anyway.

Update: issue was corrected through an adjustment in the Pontus settings, selecting Mute and then toggle CO1 or CO2 to swap channels for DSD.
So how's it sound compared to what you had previously?

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #175 of 198
Sound is excellent. Clean, detailed yet relaxed with three dimensional depth. Previous setup was optimized Mac mini with audirvana and also an Aries Mini. I am new to Roon however and I’ve been troubleshooting issues with upsampling to DSD512, especially over I2S. Updating some network gear, new computer as a server, still awaiting my new HDMI/I2S cable, lots of fiddling… Anyway I’m getting occasional tiny little pops with DSD256 and full on stuttering with DSD 512, so that’s what I’m troubleshooting - presumably network issues. Might swap in the mini as a Roon bridge and see if it’s replicated with USB to the DAC.

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #176 of 198
Sound is excellent. Clean, detailed yet relaxed with three dimensional depth. Previous setup was optimized Mac mini with audirvana and also an Aries Mini. I am new to Roon however and I’ve been troubleshooting issues with upsampling to DSD512, especially over I2S. Updating some network gear, new computer as a server, still awaiting my new HDMI/I2S cable, lots of fiddling… Anyway I’m getting occasional tiny little pops with DSD256 and full on stuttering with DSD 512, so that’s what I’m troubleshooting - presumably network issues. Might swap in the mini as a Roon bridge and see if it’s replicated with USB to the DAC.
Thanks, I prefer sound without software upsampling but appreciate your feedback.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #177 of 198
"full on stuttering with DSD 512",I'm also having the problem with DSD512 on my Denafrips Streamer.
MacMini m2 + Roon -------------Denafrips Streamer--------------DAC

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #178 of 198
Sorry about your DSD512 audio stuttering. It's important to remember that the Arce only supports DSD512 on I2S output and that might be an edge case where the HDMI cable quality really matters. The other ports only officially support DSD64 so I wouldn't expect perfect DSD256 playback. I suggest swapping out the Arce with a different streamer just to make sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back