Deezer now streaming lossless
Jul 26, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #31 of 44
No, I've been on deezer hifi for a couple of years and quit for almost a year when they had their screwup with losing logins and having to go through recaptcha again.

It's really annoying how bad their tech support is and how they seem to have no idea why people expect bitperfect with a hifi tier. I know it works bitperfect over Bluesound because I can play MQA over my node 2i. If I play the same file from the desktop app it breaks MQA. Not that they have many MQA albums.

The main reason I have deezer hifi is because Tidal had a lot of albums with songs missing and I could get the whole album on deezer. Tidal is getting a lot better about that though. If qobuz or squatify ever get their together I'll see about ditching deezer and getting one of those. So far Tidal is the only lossless bitperfect service available here.
Same here, several albums I like to listen to are only on Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer. Tidal always seems to lack what I want to listen to.

I wish Apple Music was lossless on Windows. :/

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #32 of 44
I always end back to Deezer after I explore other streaming services. I realize I don't need anything higher than 16/44.1 and I can live without exclusive mode.

Jul 27, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #33 of 44
I always end back to Deezer after I explore other streaming services. I realize I don't need anything higher than 16/44.1 and I can live without exclusive mode.
I know the feeling, Deezer and Apple Music have the best selection other than spotify imo.

Only downside of Deezer is the cost. I pay $4.99 for Apple Music since Unidays still thinks I'm a stupid, but Deezer Hifi is $14.99. That $10 imo ads up, $120 a year more. Makes me wonder if it's cheaper just getting a cheap Android tablet or older iPad to use as a dedicated Apple Music lossless player.

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #34 of 44
No wasapi/asio support in windows desktop app?

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #36 of 44
Yes it's quite frustrating that no single playback device/OS/platform seems to work perfectly with all of these services.

I wish Deezer (and all the rest, really) would integrate into Roon, would make my life easier. But I don't see it happening anytime soon, and probably never with Apple and Amazon.

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #37 of 44
I've just trialed Amazon HD again and unfortunately it's a mess on Windows and Mac. The bit perfect implementation is still extremely buggy and isn't really bit perfect (unless you manually match the settings in Windows with what's playing.) There are numerous other bugs that make it annoying to use, like random dropouts on my AirBook M1.

I also did an AB test between Amazon and Tidal and the former definitely sounded off a little off (I had someone else operating the computer, so there's no way I could be affected by placebo.) Amazon always sounded thin, sharp, unpleasant with a more narrow soundstage. I'm a little bit shocked tbh that the difference was so significant, and I kind of expected the MQA to sound worse.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #38 of 44
What's the point of lossless steaming if you listen to music on the go. My phone doesn't have a 3.5mm output, so I have to use Bluetooth. And as far as I know, the headphones only support SBC or AAC Bluetooth codecs which don't support lossless.

In that case, it's useless.

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #39 of 44
You can use BT dongle that support LDAC which is lossless for 16/44.1 but start adding lossy compression after that, or USB connection with UAPP which guarantees bit-perfect.
Portable phones and most IEMs are really not that resolving to really tell the difference between LDAC and wired.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #40 of 44
What's the point of lossless steaming if you listen to music on the go. My phone doesn't have a 3.5mm output, so I have to use Bluetooth. And as far as I know, the headphones only support SBC or AAC Bluetooth codecs which don't support lossless.

In that case, it's useless.
Agreed, yeah. But most people using streaming services are using the desktop app or a streamer, with serious hardware.

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #41 of 44
Agreed, yeah. But most people using streaming services are using the desktop app or a streamer, with serious hardware.
Are they? I'm not sure.

If you have serious hardware you probably also have lossless music on your hard drive or CD.

I always looked at streaming music as of lower quality. But you're probably right that many people don't want to bother with creating their own music selection and just want to stream.

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #42 of 44
Iphone ,CCA and X260 works great

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #43 of 44
Are they? I'm not sure.

If you have serious hardware you probably also have lossless music on your hard drive or CD.

I always looked at streaming music as of lower quality. But you're probably right that many people don't want to bother with creating their own music selection and just want to stream.
Streaming from high quality services is more economical financially and time wise than maintaining your own library, plus you have access to much bigger variety for new things discovery, higher quality latest rereleases and even high-res.
Portable use is simplified too, select album, choose import and you have thing on your device for offline listening. Transferring from PC was quite a hassle.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #44 of 44
Are they? I'm not sure.

I'm sure, yes. If you look at the threads see you can see people with a lot of desktop or rack (shelf) gear based at least partially on streaming.

Agreed.

I always looked at streaming music as of lower quality.

Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, scamazon, and other services all offer hires and/or lossless tiers with bitperfect apps or over streamer devices. So sure you can get Spotify free or pay something for Apple on the go, but there are options for people who want streaming on their home setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back