Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Oct 28, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #601 of 1,238
Quote:
Does anyone know if Decware is on vacation or something this week?  I have been trying to contact them about warranty work on my Mini Torri but they have not responded.  I called and emailed and have not heard anything for a week.  Thanks

Hi Mcqueen,

Decware is normally very busy with order fufillment.

To "get hold" of someone over there, it is best to contact Sarah Waters 1st.

[size=large]Sarah Waters
Decware Customer Service[/size]

[size=larger][size=large]309 822 5255 [/size][/size]

[size=smaller][size=x-small]Sarah@Decware.com[/size][/size]

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #602 of 1,238
X2

Sarah is THE way to get information or action happening. You want to talk to Steve, call Sarah...(They are both really nice too!)

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #604 of 1,238
Quote:
Does anyone know if Decware is on vacation or something this week?  I have been trying to contact them about warranty work on my Mini Torri but they have not responded.  I called and emailed and have not heard anything for a week.  Thanks

I think they were not available when the time you contact them. I also placed an order on Oct 18 and had their confirmation on Oct 23. I think it is back to normal now.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #609 of 1,238
Your patience is soon to be rewarded Frimpy!  Congrats....Remember, pictures are required!

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #610 of 1,238
I will post pic's for sure. Thanks for the reminder.

If anyone is interested I'll be selling my Mapletree 2A Se line preamplifier (with many extra tubes) shortly after the Decware amp arrives. Will have to do a shootout 1st between the Mapletree and my Harman Kardon Citation 19 and the Decware  SE34I.  
The Mapletree pre has been a wonderful pre, I've owned it 2 years without any problems. I wanted a better power amp and also wanted less cabling so I bought the Decware integrated.

Frimpy

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #611 of 1,238
Which version of the SE34I did you order?

Nov 6, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #612 of 1,238
I ordered the SE34I
CONFIGURATION ​
5​
 - MULTIPLE SOURCES​
Four pair of input jacks with rotary selector and two volume controls.​

Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???
Using Sansui SR626 turntable presently with Klipsch Quartets.  Have Decware DNA speakers on order, another month or so before I see them.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #613 of 1,238
Quote:
I ordered the SE34I
CONFIGURATION ​
5​
 - MULTIPLE SOURCES​
Four pair of input jacks with rotary selector and two volume controls.​

Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???
Using Sansui SR626 turntable presently with Klipsch Quartets.  Have Decware DNA speakers on order, another month or so before I see them.

I'd probably suggest waiting on the phono stage upgrade.  There are some good options at the $500 price point, but they're not that far ahead of your 551P. 

If you can stretch just a tiny bit, the Jolida JD9A is a pretty good phono stage at $569.  The JD9 has switching on the back for properly loading and impedance matching.  There's also upgrades available from a few people including Underwood hifi (you could buy it now then send it off for upgrades later and have a very good phono stage).

Really the best thing to do would be to listen to your new amp for a few weeks with your current gear.  Compare to the sound from your old gear and try to figure out what really needs to change.  Basically, whatever you do, wait.

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #614 of 1,238
Good advice from jazzerdave.....Save for another couple of months and get the piece you will enjoy for years!

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #615 of 1,238
All good suggestions...waiting a bit, if you can couldn't hurt..

In my case, I had an vintage turntable and needed a phono pre that would help me enjoy it and help me decide if I needed to invest in a better turntable set-up at some point...all while not holding back my turntables capabilities. I hadn't explored LP's yet up until that point..

SO, I ended up getting the Musical Surroundings Phenomena II ($600)....its flexible just like Jazzerdave described the Jolida amp as...you can adjust the loading and impedence on the back so you have more options on what kind of cartridge you can use...it's very flexible...It's gotten some great reviews and should last me a while. 

I enjoy it in my system, it's pretty transparent...I have a Denon 103 Cart and a my turntable is a vintage Denon as well. If I end up getting a battery power source for the phono amp, then I should hear some improvements should I decide to go this route :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back