Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Aug 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #466 of 1,238
Thanks man.  I'd love to get them by next weekend, but not sure that's likely.  So long as they're here before the long weekend, I'll be happy.   I look forward to your impressions as well.  What speaker cables are you using?  I have Decware though my entire system, so despite the cost I went with theirs.  

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #467 of 1,238
With AiDee's help (on a different thread) and endorsement of the Taboo, I will eventually be a part of the "appreciation" thread :cool:

I just have a couple of questions about the Taboo upgrades and believe starting here is a wise decision.

From Decware website:

[SIZE=60%]CUSTOM OPTIONS[/SIZE]
Since the chassis was designed to accommodate additional jacks and even another tube if needed, the following options are available:

• Choose between the black figured base or the contemporary walnut - FREE
  • Choose from a variety of alternate hardwoods - add $50
  • Stepped attenuator - add $250
  • V-Caps - add $200
  • Headphone jack for Planar Magnetic Ear Phones - add $100

- For those who have the V-Cap upgrade, how many caps in total and what are their values?

- Why does the output jack cost $100 for Ortho users? 

So I'm gonna pull the trigger soon.  Any advice on what other options to get or not to get?
Will be using vinyl as the only source so no DAC is needed in this setup.  Cans are LCD-2

:popcorn: cheers!

Let me add my 0.02.
The caps are the coupling caps, one per channel and the value is 0.1uf 600 volts. The vcaps that Steve put are the TFTF type. They cost around $123/pair. There's a higher end vcap, the CuTF which cost around $187/pair.
Headphone jack would cost additional $100 and another $100 if you want it installed on the front just like mine.

For those who would like to order at Decware, you can get a 5% discount by following this instruction: Order any decware product. Add to cart, select options you want then checkout. When you are on the check out page, hit back button and a message will appear about the discount, hit ok. You will be taken back to your cart. You just get a 5% discount. This will work all the time. If not, clear your browsing history or cache.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #468 of 1,238
Quote:
Thanks man.  I'd love to get them by next weekend, but not sure that's likely.  So long as they're here before the long weekend, I'll be happy.   I look forward to your impressions as well.  What speaker cables are you using?  I have Decware though my entire system, so despite the cost I went with theirs.  

Hey Nyvar,

I actually have a pair of decware interconnects, I have an iron lung jellyfish power cord, and my speaker cables are just some cheap $3 per foot cable until I can get me a pair of decware cables.  I have a set of q speaker cables but the banana plugs dont quite fit into the traps so bare wire is better fit. 

I am a big fan of decware that is for sure heh.  They make great stuff.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #469 of 1,238
I visited the Deware plant in E. Peoria last month and boy was that a treat. Spent 5 hours listening to Decware speakers powered by a Mini Torii. Everything was going well, I was trying to decide on what speakers I liked best when Steve put on the Decware corner horns. Well Pink Floyd happened to be playing and oh my gosh the music became very very full and the music being played was phenomenal. Now this was using 1 yes 1 watt from the Mini Torii....the bass was exquisit.  Went home to see if I could fit them into my family room to no avail, The corner horns are 2'x2'x4' and to large for the area I have available.
We played some organ music thru the corner horns also, thought I was in a church, so rich and clear.
I did order the Decware DNA speakers and a Decware integrated SE34i.3 amplifier.

Recently(this week) I received 3 interconnect cables from decware. These cables replace a mishmash of other cables, mostly best buy quality cables. I noticed a difference right away, heard new instruments playing in music I've heard many times. Also noticed more clarity, the ability to define sounds I couldn't define before and the tone of many instruments changed for the better. I Believe  it or I have not been a fan of paying big $$$ for cables.   I am for the 1st time hearing the music as it was recorded and the $450 or so dollars was very well spent.

Present equipment is: Klipsch quartet speakers, Sansui Sr 626 TT, Denon DVD 2910, Mapletree 2a SE Preamp and a Harmon Kardon Citation 19 amplifier.

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #470 of 1,238
Did you hear any other amps besides the Mini Torii? How about a CSP2+? What Pre-amp were you using?

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #471 of 1,238
Sorry, at the time I was only interested in the Mini Torii so that is the only amplifier I listened to. Steve D. said that all of amplifiers sound the same, you can call him and ask. A pre-amp wasn't used the mini torii was used like an integrated amplifier. Anything else? I am glad to try and clarify anything I can.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #472 of 1,238
Sorry, at the time I was only interested in the Mini Torii so that is the only amplifier I listened to. Steve D. said that all of amplifiers sound the same, you can call him and ask. A pre-amp wasn't used the mini torii was used like an integrated amplifier. Anything else? I am glad to try and clarify anything I can.

No problems. I hope to get to the factory and listen to the various speakers.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #473 of 1,238
I'd love to get them by next weekend, but not sure that's likely.

Seems my wish will come true.  They shipped and will arrive on Wednesday.  Stands will arrive tomorrow, and the pad on Wednesday.  If there were any way to work from home Thursday and Friday I would.  Unfortunately, in my case can't happen. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #474 of 1,238
Quote:

Seems my wish will come true.  They shipped and will arrive on Wednesday.  Stands will arrive tomorrow, and the pad on Wednesday.  If there were any way to work from home Thursday and Friday I would.  Unfortunately, in my case can't happen. 

...Cough Cough...Nyvar! You look sick....I recommend at least a couple of days off to rest up and recover...Maybe starting Wednesday.

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #475 of 1,238
I recommend at least a couple of days off to rest up and recover.

As a master of two truly obscure skill sets, I can get some one to cover for me Tuesdays and in a pinch Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday currently would be a disaster.  I'd work from home, but those are the two days I actually need to talk to people.  

BTW do you use parallels to run JRMC?  Right now I use Audirvana+ but looking at Fidelia and Amarra.  

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #476 of 1,238
Quote:

As a master of two truly obscure skill sets, I can get some one to cover for me Tuesdays and in a pinch Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday currently would be a disaster.  I'd work from home, but those are the two days I actually need to talk to people.  

BTW do you use parallels to run JRMC?  Right now I use Audirvana+ but looking at Fidelia and Amarra.  

No, I have a PC running Win7 Pro with JRMC and a MacMini Running Amarra. I have the Mini running all AIFF lossless ripped via iTunes and the PC has .WAV or FLAC lossless running JRMC.  Since I have a few albums DL'd off HDTracks.com via FLAC in 96/24 or 192/24 I bought JRMC since Amarra does not do FLAC. I prefer Amarra but JRiver does a nice job and I can hook the HD650's into the Dragonfly DAC or I can use the DacMagic Plus and Amarra. lately, for variety, I shifted the DacMagic Plus to the PC to ru with JRiver. Basically, I am playing until the Decware twins arrive...
popcorn.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #477 of 1,238
Hey all.  My DECWARE CSP2+ arrived and was well packaged. Double boxed, lots of bubble wrap.  I set it up.  I have an iPure feeding a BITFROST DAC and iTunes off my iPhone.  The cable from the DAC to the CSP2+ is a 0.5m DECWARE silver.  The CSP2+ preamp feeds into a Bob Latino Dynaco SV-120, 60wpc, which runs two Heresy III speakers from Klipsitch.  It sounded hard as nails at first, but after warming up for a few hours it began to break in and give me a hint of what I had.  The sound began to bloom in that I was able to experience a holographic affect as the speakers disappeared on the recording I was listening to.  The highs, lows, and mids were brought out more.  I am happy.  My TABOO and more interconnects arrive next week.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #478 of 1,238
Quote:
Hey all.  My DECWARE CSP2+ arrived and was well packaged. Double boxed, lots of bubble wrap.  I set it up.  I have an iPure feeding a BITFROST DAC and iTunes off my iPhone.  The cable from the DAC to the CSP2+ is a 0.5m DECWARE silver.  The CSP2+ preamp feeds into a Bob Latino Dynaco SV-120, 60wpc, which runs two Heresy III speakers from Klipsitch.  It sounded hard as nails at first, but after warming up for a few hours it began to break in and give me a hint of what I had.  The sound began to bloom in that I was able to experience a holographic affect as the speakers disappeared on the recording I was listening to.  The highs, lows, and mids were brought out more.  I am happy.  My TABOO and more interconnects arrive next week.

Nice intro report! Looking forward to the Taboo and future update.

popcorn.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #479 of 1,238
I just made it to page 1 of the waiting list for my Taboo  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #480 of 1,238
Quote:
I just made it to page 1 of the waiting list for my Taboo  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you find the list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back