Decent Iphone inline mic earphones
Sep 30, 2011 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

geohoundw

New Head-Fier
Upgrading from Maximo IM-490s to a set that includes an inline mic for use with my IPhone 3GS

Not looking to break the bank on this set but I would like a better overall pair than my Maximo's. I tend to listen mostly to podcasts on the go but end up listening to music later in the evenings, mostly Rock/Alternative but I branch out sometimes. At home I own a pair of ATH-AD700s and really enjoy their sound, I found the Maximo's to be a bit heavy on the low end but overall enjoyable enough when listening to music and enough isolation to hear well over traffic.

biggest considerations
- fit
- natural isolation
- comfort
- more balanced sound than the IM-490s
- a convenient method of storage on person (IM-490s had a nice pouch that fit well in pocket)
- would not like to spend more than $60 high value is a must

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you all.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 4
You could try the Brookstone/Clear Dual Drive Earbuds. The price recently went up to $70, but there is a 25% discount code (last day is today) available - 25SEPT which knocks the price down to around $65 + tax (shipping is a steep $12).

There are some reviews here and here

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Comparing the Nuforce 700m and Klipsch S4i with the Maximo iM490s as well as considering that I enjoy the sound of my AD700s, which do you suspect I might be happier with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back