December 5 - Fall/Winter DC-area meet, Arlington VA
Nov 18, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #46 of 111
I'll be there. Hopefully I'll have finished building a SOHA II and exStata. I'll bring my EMU 0404 USB and a laptop for source. You can look in my profile for headphones, if anyone want's to hear any in particular, otherwise I'll bring a bunch of vintage orthos and stats.

Nov 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #47 of 111
I wonder if we could get the set of universal fit JH 13s that they had at the NY meet last week?

I would be interested to try those. (thats all I need is another set of headphones) After spending time with the HD 800 and just getting my amp back from Kevin, with way more detail and tighter bass, my Sure 530s are starting to sound a little bass heavy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be there. Hopefully I'll have finished building a SOHA II and exStata. I'll bring my EMU 0404 USB and a laptop for source. You can look in my profile for headphones, if anyone want's to hear any in particular, otherwise I'll bring a bunch of vintage orthos and stats.

43 sets of headphones!!!!! What am I whining about.

Nov 18, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #48 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
43 sets of headphones!!!!! What am I whining about.

That's why I ask if anyone has requests. I can't bring them all.

I've been very slowly selling some off. I'm a little bit too much of a collector.

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #49 of 111
Hopefully we remember to take pictures this year. Last year we caught hell because no one took pics
jecklinsmile.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #50 of 111
Haha I'll make sure to bring my camera and hope we can get some eye candy out of it, although I'm not much of a photographer and my camera can't hold a candle to my headphones... if there's an aspiring photographer out there hoping to dip their toes into audio pr0n [side note: really? I can't write p-o-r-n or p-0-r-n???], we'd be much obliged.

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #51 of 111
Good thing I found this thread! I'll try to stop by - I have been away from this hobby for a while as I was getting into other hobbies.

Unfortunately everything I have will be there! SOHA II, DT880, EMU 0404.. I do have some old stax where one speaker seems to be breaking out, maybe I can find out if it is the amp or the headphones then. Well I also have some portable stuff if anyone wants to hear: HD-25-II's with HD650 cable, IM716, Shure E4c...

I'll make sure to bring my DSLR so don't worry. But I have never been to a meet nor heard really nice setups so don't expect too many pictures!

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #52 of 111
I will probably be able to make it. I don't have much to bring... MS1000's and a few of my DIY amps maybe.

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #54 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing I found this thread! I'll try to stop by - I have been away from this hobby for a while as I was getting into other hobbies.

Unfortunately everything I have will be there! SOHA II, DT880, EMU 0404.. I do have some old stax where one speaker seems to be breaking out, maybe I can find out if it is the amp or the headphones then. Well I also have some portable stuff if anyone wants to hear: HD-25-II's with HD650 cable, IM716, Shure E4c...

I'll make sure to bring my DSLR so don't worry. But I have never been to a meet nor heard really nice setups so don't expect too many pictures!

I may not finish my SOHA II in time, and even if I do, it would be interesting to hear another, especially if we have different tubes.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #55 of 111
I've never been to a meet, and have just recently gotten into the hobby (6 months and many hundreds of dollars). I would love to stop by. Is there an etiquette to follow? Do I bring anything?

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #58 of 111
Boo - both Audez'e and Head-Direct were supposed to be ready to start selling their orthos by now, but neither one is... sadly, these means the meet may be devoid of both these wonderful headphones.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #59 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boo - both Audez'e and Head-Direct were supposed to be ready to start selling their orthos by now, but neither one is... sadly, these means the meet may be devoid of both these wonderful headphones.

eek.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #60 of 111
If anybody has a pair of balanced interconnects they'd be willing to bring, I'd be very grateful - I want to see if they make a difference in the level I get out of my DLIII vs standard unbalanced ICs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back