Deathmatch: Innerfidelity vs. Headfonia
Oct 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #76 of 102
Thats very easy to say without backing it up with any facts!
To me sounds like pure drivel.  So basically they are saying anything thats not recent is crap.

Headfonia - where the most expensive and newest headphone always wins! :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist - it just seems like a trend with their reviews: whatever is newer and more expensive is always regarded as this world-changing, life-improving, "better" thing that you need to run out and buy. Nice pictures though.

If you use your ears there are many headphones 20 or 30 years old that are still as good if not better than some of the phones produced today.   

+1.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #77 of 102
Quote:
Yes but for me thats great and is the same with any reviewer, there is IMHO no review which is truly unbiased.
The trick is to understand with any review the reviewers preferences (bias), and then you get a much clearer picture of how the product will apply to you.
The key thing is consistency. 

Quote:
I find Tyll's review a bit biased and subjective to his preference... He can say a headphone is bad because he does not like.. at least thats my observation on him.. plus I dont really like graphic measurements as review instrument. as for Headfonia, they are a little more objective not the most accurate reviews but objective especially Mike's reviews. Lieven's review on the other hand is a bit polarized. for that I prefer Headfonia cheers,

I think I understand Tyll's biases.  They just aren't mine.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #78 of 102
Quote:
If you use your ears there are many headphones 20 or 30 years old that are still as good if not better than some of the phones produced today.   

+1

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #79 of 102
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #80 of 102
Quote:
Koss Portapro LE
The limited edition Portapro, as you know, is more than just an”anniversary” marketing model. The LE model has a more refined sound and a better bass performance than the regular edition, which justifies the price tag that it sells for.

Just one of the reasons I don't go to Headfonia very often. I love the photography, but not so much the literature.

http://www.headfonia.com/ultra-portable-shootout-px100-px200-portapro-k404-v-jays-tracks-oldskool-and-hd238/2/

What do you expect sunjigglet. When you receive incentives you have to also "gives the giver" and incentive to continue giving you stuff :wink:. Pretty much my reasons for not trusting these people. You are much more likely to be unbiased on your opinion when you had to fork out for the actual items themselves. Not saying that everyone is at fault for this but I'm more apt to believe otherwise. Lets be honest here, that is how business works. "I scratch your back, you scratch mine." The problem with this though is it can be misleading for consumers reading that very content.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #81 of 102
I love Innerfidelity but like it was said, headfonia gets more stuff. Some don't like headfonia but I think Mike's subjective somewhat opinion type of reviews is what should characterize at least some reviewers to depart from the norm of trying to, oneself, be like a flat ruler of excellenc.e

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #82 of 102
I would like to see Tyll review some sub-usd$100 RCA/USB/Power cables....and put it on his board.
popcorn.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #83 of 102
Quote:
I presume you are speaking from experience then?
How much use of the K1000 have you had personally?

Quote:
As far as the K1000 goes, I would say that's accurate if he's comparing them to modern flagships. It's still a pretty special headphone though.

I've been using them pretty regularly for the last couple of years, along with my HE6 which I drive from the same speaker amp. They're both very good earspeakers but I think the HE6 is a bit better in most ways.

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #89 of 102
Oct 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #90 of 102
i wonder what they will be using... 3.5m jack lightsabers? also maybe a 6.3cm caliber rocket propelled jack gun too 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back