Deathmatch: Innerfidelity vs. Headfonia
Oct 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #62 of 102
Love Innerfidelity. Like Headfonia's pictures but don't really read the reviews.

GoldenEars I love as well, and since I can read Korean I can appreciate the site a lot more in detail.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #63 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind the cable so much as I do the 360 twistyness of the spinning earcups.  Seems like all copper is the ticket, just like they are.  Really the only criticism I have is the sub-bass which they pretty much don't have.  That's why I'd like to know more about the HE-400 versus the Grado house sound.  I'd buy a pair with the return option but I tire of sending stuff back.

Enjoyed your post.

Thanks. I noticed in your sig you are using the g-cush. Extremely comfortable. But if you still have the stock pads, you should try them again - I think they can recover some of the sub bass. It did for me. Try a bit of bass boost, too. I definitely get a rumble in the 20-40 hz.. quite amazing for an open back. I can achieve it with the Q701, too.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #67 of 102
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind the cable so much as I do the 360 twistyness of the spinning earcups.  Seems like all copper is the ticket, just like they are.  Really the only criticism I have is the sub-bass which they pretty much don't have.  That's why I'd like to know more about the HE-400 versus the Grado house sound.  I'd buy a pair with the return option but I tire of sending stuff back.

Enjoyed your post.

Thanks. I noticed in your sig you are using the g-cush. Extremely comfortable. But if you still have the stock pads, you should try them again - I think they can recover some of the sub bass. It did for me. Try a bit of bass boost, too. I definitely get a rumble in the 20-40 hz.. quite amazing for an open back. I can achieve it with the Q701, too.

I've gone back several times.  No matter how much boost or bassy pad, if I can't stand wearing the d*mned can for more than thirty minutes, there's really no point, is there?  Had the Q as well.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #68 of 102
Tyll seems to love the Denon D2000/D5000/D7000 series but haven't mention much about the D600 yet. Makes me wonder if it is the same case as the he-400, in which he did not review because of the tizzy treble.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #70 of 102
I got one of the new revs recently, which was significantly better.  I'm still on the fence.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #71 of 102
Give me Innerfidelity every time 
beerchug.gif

Quite frankly Headphonia is a bit of a joke regarding reviews.  I want substance over pretty pictures and marketing!

Tyll provides probably the best objective, subjective and unbiased reviews on the WEB period!

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #72 of 102
Yes but for me thats great and is the same with any reviewer, there is IMHO no review which is truly unbiased.
The trick is to understand with any review the reviewers preferences (bias), and then you get a much clearer picture of how the product will apply to you.
The key thing is consistency. 

Quote:
I find Tyll's review a bit biased and subjective to his preference... He can say a headphone is bad because he does not like.. at least thats my observation on him.. plus I dont really like graphic measurements as review instrument. as for Headfonia, they are a little more objective not the most accurate reviews but objective especially Mike's reviews. Lieven's review on the other hand is a bit polarized. for that I prefer Headfonia cheers,

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #73 of 102
Thats very easy to say without backing it up with any facts!
To me sounds like pure drivel.  So basically they are saying anything thats not recent is crap.

If you use your ears there are many headphones 20 or 30 years old that are still as good if not better than some of the phones produced today.   

Quote:
headfonia stated that the K1000 has drivers so old that they have poorer layering than most of today's mid fi open headphones although soundstage is very far, anyone can give opinions and comments about that?

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #74 of 102
As far as the K1000 goes, I would say that's accurate if he's comparing them to modern flagships. It's still a pretty special headphone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back