Death Metal Discussion
Aug 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #316 of 650
Wow, bad taste alert.

Also, Lars Ulrich is one of the worst drummers to ever be featured in a formerly decent metal band.

Also, their age doesn't affect anything, hell there is a carcass worship band with a 60 year old in the band, so don't try to use age to justify your "uber favz lol" band.

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #317 of 650
You just don't listen do you? Listen to one of the first studio albums of that band you speak, go watch them live playing a song from that album and tell me it sounds exactly the same way. It won't. It just doesn't work that way. Are you really that stupid that you don't know your body slows down when you get older no matter how much you work and stay in shape? Seriously, use your head.

Aug 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #318 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mellow, perhaps, but Load is by far their heaviest album. The problem with a lot of Metal fans is their view that agressive=heavy, when the reality is that 'heavy' is a very relative term.

I disagree a bit. It is indeed subjective though. For me, a music full of hatred and nihil and aggression = heavy. Crushing sound and emo isnt 'heavy' for me. It does SOUND heavy, but it isnt 'heavy'. Nothing wrong in it, I like strong emotions and emo done with style works for me. Have nothing particular against load and reload, they are decent albums, but Metallicas earlier work with tons of thrash spirit rape them, heavily...

Oh, and anything can be MIXED to sound HEAVY, like slow and tons of bass, but true heavyness needs more than just sound, and actually can fare quite well without "heavy" sound. Slipknot is sonically very heavy for example, but arent really 'heavy'.

On a side note, i like your Taake avatar. Considered making that my avatar once.

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #319 of 650
I like the artwork for new Metallica:

619VGtLZxRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The post Black Album material by Metallica is not terrible but it is much more main stream and polished sounding......actually the Black album is also, drumming is especially slowed down and more prominent in mix as in "sad but true"

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #320 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by metllicamilitia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just don't listen do you? Listen to one of the first studio albums of that band you speak, go watch them live playing a song from that album and tell me it sounds exactly the same way. It won't. It just doesn't work that way. Are you really that stupid that you don't know your body slows down when you get older no matter how much you work and stay in shape? Seriously, use your head.

Obviously they can't, but if you stop being able to write/play the music you love, you don't sellout and play simply poppy music to make money, you just stop.

Actually, this is why I commend Bolt Thrower. they felt they could no longer make amazing albums, so they end the band, and I have an amazing amount of respect for that.
beerchug.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #321 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favourite album of theirs, actually.

facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.jpg

I'm not one of those idiots who things things that aren't loud or aggressive aren't real metal and hate everything like that. I listen to all kinds of music. Mostly jazz and electronic recently, actually. I welcome mellowness when it's done well. I would love nothing more than for Metallica to make a dark, introspective album full of songs that are actually good.

Load is just awful though. Not because it's slow or mellow or anything.

Anyway, this is largely pointless and I'd rather not continue. I've dealt with a lot of metal fans over the years and where I work, and this sort of discussion is usually pointless. They're the most obstinate people in the world. I should have learned my lesson last time I came to this thread and saw Cradle of Filth fans.
tongue.gif

Plus, there's nothing I can do if you like Load.
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #323 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.jpg

I'm not one of those idiots who things things that aren't loud or aggressive aren't real metal and hate everything like that. I listen to all kinds of music. Mostly jazz and electronic recently, actually. I welcome mellowness when it's done well. I would love nothing more than for Metallica to make a dark, introspective album full of songs that are actually good.

Load is just awful though. Not because it's slow or mellow or anything.

Anyway, this is largely pointless and I'd rather not continue. I've dealt with a lot of metal fans over the years and where I work, and this sort of discussion is usually pointless. They're the most obstinate people in the world. I should have learned my lesson last time I came to this thread and saw Cradle of Filth fans.
tongue.gif

Plus, there's nothing I can do if you like Load.
tongue.gif

Obstinate? At least "we" can respect a person's opinion on why they like an album..Should I apologise because I love Load?

Am I Metal dilettante? No, so don't treat me as one.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #325 of 650
Anyway...

I'm currently listening to Dismantling Devotion by Daylight Dies. Doom/Death.

I didn't realise it was an HDCD.

Cool.

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #326 of 650
I am done trying to convince people cause I know that among the metal fans I have met, the consensus is that 95% of us are hard headed. But anyway, I currently still listening to In Flames' A Sense Of Purpose and Dark Tranquillity's Character (still the only one of their cd's I own).

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #327 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd also like to say, Metallica sold out with the black album, I'm pretty sure the arthritis hadn't kicked in yet.

They may have sold out with that record, but they started suckin with AJFA...IMHO.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #328 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They may have sold out with that record, but they started suckin with AJFA...IMHO.

Listen, Guys, aren't you tired of discussing Metallica yet? This thread is about Death Metal. Metallica wasn't and isn't and, I suspect, won't be Death Metal.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #329 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen, Guys, aren't you tired of discussing Metallica yet? This thread is about Death Metal. Metallica wasn't and isn't and, I suspect, won't be Death Metal.

You're 100% right. I think I actually forgot that when I made the post above. How the hell did we start talking about Metallica anyway? Let's moveon.org.
atsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #330 of 650
just started listening to Krisiun's - Southern Storm. Seems they're picking up where their previous album left off. I really enjoying it. Nothing revolutionary but krisiun never tried to push that envelope either. A solid mass of death metal IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back