Dealing with persistent Debt collector
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The callers have all been understanding about it, I suppose it helps that the person they are looking for is an african american female which I quite audibly am not.

Well, the person they're looking for is also female, different ethnicity than mine. If they still have some brains left, they should realized it the moment I said hello, however, it still did not stop them calling me again and again. There's call me every 2-3 weeks, once they start calling, it will be 3-4 days, sometimes twice in a day and I believe it's the same person (who call me) everytime. This is why it piss me off.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deal with it or pay up sucker.

Yes paying would sure stop the calls
plainface.gif

I sent Welly Wu a PM to rejoin this thread. His insight makes this thread hilarious

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes paying would sure stop the calls
plainface.gif

I sent Welly Wu a PM to rejoin this thread. His insight makes this thread hilarious

Yeah, he's probably the sucker who's willing to pay for another person's debt

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 25
so they really do stick to this tactic thinking it will work? even when it's truly not the right person.
I don't have any suggestions since I just don't answer my phone.
Can you please keep us updated and what you did to finally get them to believe you that you're not the right person? good luck.

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #21 of 25
Debt collectors are very aggressive and usually very stupid.

Get as much information as possible from them (agency, address, phone number, etc.) as much as possible the next time they call.

Use the Internets to collect as much information as possible and then small claims the f**kers. Nothing says love like a lawsuit. The clerk at your county court will have all the information you need to sue.

And don't be a part of this "I don't want to be litigious" thing. Sue. Man up and file a lawsuit. The bottom line is all this sort of scum pays attention to. So sue them. They'll freak out and try to settle.

Get a HD-800 out of them. Believe me, they'll knock off the calls when the sheriff shows up with papers. They'll probably offer cash to make you go away. Don't try to deal or negotiate with the bastards, just sue them. Don't think yoy're being too drastic or anything, just go after them.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #22 of 25
Just sue them. At this point you've made it clear you are not the individual, and have done so numerous times. I suggest the next time they call, recite the line "This call will be tape recorded for future use" and proceed with the convo. If they hang up you're good to go. If they don't hang up, proceed as usual stating you are not whoever they are looking for and make it perfectly clear to them. Let them talk your ear off or whatever. Take the tape to a lawyer and sue the balls off them. Oh btw, it usually helps if you also say "Since this call will be monitored, can you please state your first and last name, and the company you work for" That usually scares them.

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deal with it or pay up sucker.

lol

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #25 of 25
Sue, keep a lawyer in business.
wink.gif

The American way.

If this is a mistake, get their information and start going up the chain of command until someone does something about it. The foot soldiers can't do anything and don't want to look bad by not handling the issue. I'm guessing they are getting paid for every phone call, you're just quota.

Is having someone else's name on voice mail suppose to clear this up with a debt collector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back