Deal Alert - Ultimate Ears 700s for $70
Jul 30, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #62 of 99

Quote:
ooh im an old student too

and logitech and ups have emailed me to say mine are on the way

Yep mine are on the way.  problem being old student is being impoverished (well for me anyway) but at least least this year I get govenment funding as I am doing a ICT PGCE (Med in Psychology last year , self funded which is a quick way to spend a lot of money!)

My UE700 are also on the way.  BTW followed you on twitter, be good to get some headphone tweets as I am not very active in audio stuff at the moment.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #64 of 99
The promo ended :frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #68 of 99
First impressions: I knew these would be tiny IEM's, but I never expected them to be THIS tiny. Build quality: At a first look I thought the UE700 were very fragile, but opposed to that it is actually very sturdy. The foam earplugs fit perfectly in my ears and the noise cancelling is very good. Fact is they sound like very accurate monitor earplugs. They give an 'honest' and not especially warm, but foremost clean/clear sound where you can pick up every detail of a record you listen. The sound is also very balanced on the entire low/mid/high spectrum! The bass is tight and accurate, not very deep but it's still great for electronic music. 
So overall the sound quality is awesome, 8,5 out of 10! Value: I'm happy I was lucky enough to pay 86,65 dollars for these. For this price I would give them the best rating possible, 10 out of 10. If they were 200 dollars I would not have bought them, for that price I would like my highs and mids like the UE700, but the lows should be punchier warmer and deeper. For 200 dollars I would give it a 7 out of 10.

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #69 of 99
That was what I was hoping to hear about these, I will find out tomoroow anyway.

I'm thinking of selling my ESW9 on ear headphones and use these instead (they don't get used enough :frowning2: ). I've grown very attached to the loverly warm sound of the woodies so may end up selling the UE or keeping both!

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #70 of 99

Quote:
That was what I was hoping to hear about these, I will find out tomoroow anyway.

I'm thinking of selling my ESW9 on ear headphones and use these instead (they don't get used enough :frowning2: ). I've grown very attached to the loverly warm sound of the woodies so may end up selling the UE or keeping both!

Well if you consider selling the UE700s, you may have a buyer if you ship to Canada.

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #71 of 99
Got my free pair today, sound is much better out of the box than it was for my super.fi 3 studio's and super.fi 4's. They're a lot smaller than I thought they would be and they are very comfortable. Liking them so far.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #72 of 99
I placed my order for $70. Unfortunately couldn't get the free pair. But however, I still think its a good deal for UE700. :)
I cant wait to listen to these. But the problem is, my order is still being processed.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #73 of 99
Yeah it takes a while.  I think I waited about 3 days before mine shipped out; though shipping didn't take long since I live the next state over.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #75 of 99

Quote:
:frowning2: For some reason the code doesn't work for me. Did the promotion end? I'm confused since post #72 was today.

The promotion ended about one week ago.

Got my free UE700 on Monday. It's a great iem and I enjoy music with it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back