DEAL ALERT - Sansa Clip 8GB $49
Apr 10, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #182 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxviper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone think the 8GB Clip will be discontinued? Amazon does not list the 4GB and 8GB Clips in their store.

Well anyway, I just bought 5 of these in Walmart Hawaii. Which was probably the last 5 in stock. I was thinking of going to the other 3 Walmarts to buy more.

Should I keep it and sell it? Or return it? I still haven't open up my own Clip yet.

That's interesting how the 8GB isn't sold by Amazon. (The 4GB is still available.)

Personally, I don't think the 8GB will be discontinued. If anything, I see Sandisk axing the 1GB and 2GB models in favor for the 4GB and 8GB as flash ROM continues to get cheaper and to maintain profit margins. Heck, I can even see them introduce a 16GB model in the near future, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #183 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting how the 8GB isn't sold by Amazon. (The 4GB is still available.)

Personally, I don't think the 8GB will be discontinued. If anything, I see Sandisk axing the 1GB and 2GB models in favor for the 4GB and 8GB as flash ROM continues to get cheaper and to maintain profit margins. Heck, I can even see them introduce a 16GB model in the near future, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I think they did discontinue the 8GB.

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #184 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe you're right.

tech specs | Sansa

Quote:

Capacity: 1GB • 2GB • 4GB

Still doesn't make any sense though. Sandisk should be raising capacities, not lowering them.

With that said, will you excuse me. I may have to take a midnight drive to Wally World.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #186 of 225
Why aren't deals like that available around here?
frown.gif
I need a DAP
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #187 of 225
Just bought one of these at local wal-mart.. There were about 15 left... only blacks though.

I bought JVC marshmallow along with it to pair it for workout at gym. Shouldn't of bought em, the highs hurts my ear somehow.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #188 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey woof07, I was curious what your take was on the Ipod shuffle vs Sansa Clip SQ wise. I remember the 1st gen shuffle being warm and musical, was wondering how the clip compares and which do you prefer?

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #190 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would somebody be kind enough to pick up a clip for me?
biggrin.gif

I would do it but my Wal-Marts are all sold out and I've already sold my spare.

I hope one of these luckier members can hook you up.

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #192 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey woof07, I was curious what your take was on the Ipod shuffle vs Sansa Clip SQ wise. I remember the 1st gen shuffle being warm and musical, was wondering how the clip compares and which do you prefer?

I think the Clip kills it. The 1st gen Shuffle is much as you remember it...doesn't have the drive or punch that the Clip does though. I think the Shuffle is a bit too middy for me. The Clip is a much better all around player.

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #195 of 225
I just looked at my local store and saw that they had 11 black 8gb models left for $49.00. I was pretty tempted but I held off because I am shopping around for a good price on a 8gb Fuze (missed the cheap Newegg refurb deals
frown.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back