DEAL ALERT - Sansa Clip 8GB $49
Feb 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 225

bixby

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I would pass along a deal that my local Walmart is running on the 8GB Sansa Clip. $49.00 . I only saw and got the black model.

They have it marked with a red tag but no sale placard. I asked the clerk if it was on sale and she told me they were clearing them out to bring in new models. I assume other mp3 players, but maybe some new Sansas?

In any case $49 is a pretty nice deal, so I thought I would pass it along.

cheers
Bixby

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 225
Just called mine and they have them on clearance for that price too! YAHTZEE!

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 225
Hmm, Australia needs 8GB Clips. I'm on the hunt for one.....
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #10 of 225
Picked one up tonight and found a buyer for my 4gb. Thanks OP!

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #11 of 225
Bah, though I really don't need a new DAP (I am also kinda waiting for the new Sony touchscreen), I am gonna have to pass by a Walmart or two tomorrow.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 225
I picked up this $49 for 8 gig Clip last night after reading this post. I must say, this is an EXCELLENT sounding player. It's size has to be in the realm of...PERFECT. It's controls...completely intuitive. (I threw the manuals and cd that came with it into the trash with the packaging.

This makes the carrying of an an external amp MUCH more feasible.

It's such a great sounding device I went back this morning and bought another for my wife.

I've been waiting for a deal on a new DAP after my last Sansa went through the wash.
frown.gif

VERY HAPPY CLIP BUYER HERE!

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #14 of 225
I had a 4GB clip and liked it but didn't use it enough so I didn't keep it. This is certainly a great deal and the 8GB was just introduced in the Fall so it's not an EOL clearance.

Two questions:

The Silver had a glossy/smoked window over the display which made it somewhat hard to read, especially outside even after Sansa updated firmware to allow a brighter screen setting. What's the black like in that regard?

Has anyone tried it with .ogg Vorbis files? My 4GB had problems with reading some tags which were fine in every program and a Cowon player I'd had.
-Also try an A/B between ogg and mp3 (both encoded from lossless of course) or just listen to familiar songs in ogg vorbis and tell me how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back