DEAL ALERT! Monster Turbine $90 & Monster Turbine Pro Gold $160! *Pro Gold Ended*
Aug 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #33 of 63
It seemed like the Miles Davis was the only Monster headphone not on sale. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Amazon probably still has them, although they still have their orginal price tag, as do the ones at J&R.

The other ones in the series seem not to be sold on Amazon anymore through J&R anyway. Luckily, Amazon has now lowered some of their Monster headphone prices to a very similar range as J&R. Although, I must say this deal can vanish at any second, get them while they are here and now.

Aug 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #35 of 63
Call me crazy, but I just ordered 3 of 'em. HAPPY X'MAS!

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #36 of 63
For new Monster owners.  Just burn them in low and slow for the first week.  Don't blast them out of the box at max volume.  Whatever you normally listen at comfortably, just turn it down 2-3 notches for the first week.  You can check out dweaver's burn-in thread for more info if you want to try shaping them if it is possible.  

AND do try as many tips as you can w/ different insertion depths.  There is a guide as to how to insert the phones in your ear w/ the supertips (Gel especially).

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #38 of 63
MD back to original price.. Makes me feel all warm inside that I got such a good deal :D

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #40 of 63

Quote:

AND do try as many tips as you can w/ different insertion depths.  There is a guide as to how to insert the phones in your ear w/ the supertips (Gel especially).

+1

Took me several weeks of trying them all to settle on the large foamies. Not a big fan of the gels. Still, nice to have so many options.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #41 of 63
Update:

J&R is out of stock but you can still place orders if you'd like to wait =]

Amazon has the prices back to their high levels but still has 3 coppers left at $224.10.

J&R and Amazon both have the MD at $400 but a few forum members have had luck calling in and getting it for only $269.

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #42 of 63
Can anyone with the Monster Turbine Pro Golds give me some info on them?  I'm looking for a nice pair of phones with solid isolation and really good, punchy bass to use for my Sony Walkman X, unamped, for my mp3's.  My collection is ripped to 128 constant bit rate, but I've reripped about half of it to 192 variable bit rate.  I'm just curious about 1)  are these too "professional" for me, meaning will they make my mp3's sound like crap, 2)  will my Sony X be able to push them to high volumes unamped, and 3)  will I be able to get alot of bass out of them with my eq's bass boost?  Sorry for all the questions, but apparently in-ear phones are non-returnable so I just need to know more about them before spending that much on something that might not work well for me.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #44 of 63
use some shipping facillities for that.

comnext or smth

it's a good deal ?

i dun understand the gold, copper and colours. is there really a difference (after reading all the post)

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #45 of 63

Quote:
This was my first time using any headphone other than the iPod Stock buds, and I was considering buying the regular Monster Turbines until I saw this delicious deal and bought the Monster Turbine Pro Golds.

I debated for a long time between the Gold & Miles Davis headphones.

The Copper was out since a lot of people here seem to think that they sound boring.

I finally decided to pick the Gold based on a coin toss, but I'm still flipping back and forth.

The MD also seems a bit gaudy to me, but blue is my favorite color =/.

Oh well, I can always return them since I'm not going to be opening them until I get my hands on the new iPods anyway.

Maybe then I'll have more money.

Dude try them all out somewhere and buy what sounds good to you, not what sounds good to someone else. What may sound boring to a few people on here just might sound great to you, it's the same for speakers as well. Take these opinions with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back