Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Nov 21, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #181 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kojebee,
Did you amped your Panasonic HJE900? How do they compare?

The Panasonics benefit too from an amp, wider soundstage, imaging improvements, but tbh not essential to have an amp with the panasonics. Most of my music is FLAC or as close as possible. The Panasonics play the 'garbage in, garbage out' game. High quality rips sound great, anything at 128 kbit/s will sound bad. Unforgiving. I only use an amp with the Panasonics on long journeys.

To get the most out of the RE0 with the D2 at least, an amp may be desirable.

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #184 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does this compare to soundmagic pl50?

Both are excellent IEMs. However, the pl50 only becomes excellent with heavy equalization which favors the upper end of the spectrum (which it can handle easily), and even then the RE0 sounds clearer and less congested (with no EQ needed). Both are pretty laid-back, relaxed phones, the pl50 even more so.

But both are really good, though, especially for the money.
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #185 of 334
^ Wow that sounds impressive .I thought the RE-0 would be a lot , lot better than the PL-50.Best part is I am gonna have both of them this December
biggrin.gif
.Will surely do a review for both .
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #186 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faheem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the RE-0 would be a lot , lot better than the PL-50.

Well, it depends on what you mean by "better". Detail retrieval and accuracy is not necessarily the top priority for me. It's nice, but not necessary. It it were, the RE0 would wipe the floor with the pl50 in my mind.

But I just prefer something that represents vocals well, and is reasonably balanced across frequencies. In this, the RE0 is a lot better than the pl50... but not necessarily a lot, lot better.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #187 of 334
Thanks for the response i was wondering how it compared to the pl50 since my right earphones doesnt have sound now for some reason and it annoying listening to left side only. I guess i will go and buy this since buying pl50 is alot more complicated now and takes longer to get. How is it compared to size wise? is the re0 pretty small like pl50 or bigger? thanks

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #188 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the response i was wondering how it compared to the pl50 since my right earphones doesnt have sound now for some reason and it annoying listening to left side only. I guess i will go and buy this since buying pl50 is alot more complicated now and takes longer to get. How is it compared to size wise? is the re0 pretty small like pl50 or bigger? thanks

Bigger. The RE0 is a straight-barrel IEM (albeit a pretty small one) while the PL50 is pretty much flat, maybe 0.5cm in thickness. They really are just tiny.

Nov 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #190 of 334
Just to follow up on my earlier comments...

After leaving my RE0 plugged into a NWZ- A818 for about 40 hours of continous play, I can 'hear' a definite improvement in sound. However they seem to sound a lot better on the NWZ- A818 at around 18 volume then on the Cowon S9 volume about 25 -30 BBE Headphone setting (anything lower than 25 has a very weak sound).

I don't understand how this can be? when used with my other headphones the S9 always sounds better. Do I need a headphone amp to use the RE0 with my S9
frown.gif
?

sorry about the vagueness I don't really know any techincal terms.

in case anybody was wondering what the $79 packaging looked like:

091122_150005.jpg

091122_145855.jpg

091122_145753.jpg

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #191 of 334
Hello guys,
Would there be much of a different sound than my current er4p? They sound alot alike FROM what I've read only.

Thanks alot,

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #193 of 334
I have not gotten mines yet. Ordered on the 17th. Are the new batches coming from China or NY? Hopefully tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #194 of 334
I received mine 3 days ago and I gotta say, they have a lot more bass than I expected. Overall they are pretty much what I was looking for, personally I think they are a lot better than the PFEs I used to own, in pretty much every aspect. (bass,mids,highs,soundstage). I was especially pleased with the highs like most people, crisp detailed, yet not fatiguing.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #195 of 334
I've had the RE0 for over a week now and I have to say that I expected more from them. They're not bad, I just don't think they do anything well. To the point that I think they've finally been priced fairly. I'm just happy I didn't pay more. Maybe it's just me, but I find them sounding similar to the Denon AH-D1001 I just picked up for a little less than the RE0. Both have somewhat loose bass that a little boomy. The mids are not too bad but fall short of being liquid smooth. Of course there's an early rolloff of the highs. Both are laidback and could be thought of as not just warm but close to dark to me. They certainly have a closed sound and a bit claustrophobic to my ears when I'm so used to the 701 or even the HF-2. The RE0 even make the SE530 sound lively. And that's saying something. To me, the RE0 is an $80 IEM. Good but not great in anyway. -Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back