Deal Alert: Audio Technica ESW9A
Apr 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nonsupremous

1000+ Head-Fier
Headroom has their ESW9A's on sale for 269. I'm guessing that's a pretty good price?

Might be time to finally pull the trigger. Now the question would be should I go for the ESW9A or the HFI780? The Ulatrasone's are on sale for 239 and with the shorter cord, they would be more suited for portable use now.

Any thoughts?

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 20
Yeah, I saw that yesterday when I was on their website, along with the 780s. Pretty good price for both. Also, they have a B-Stock RS1i for like $585 if anyone wants one.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom has their ESW9A's on sale for 269. I'm guessing that's a pretty good price?

Might be time to finally pull the trigger. Now the question would be should I go for the ESW9A or the HFI780? The Ulatrasone's are on sale for 239 and with the shorter cord, they would be more suited for portable use now.

Any thoughts?

You can get the 780's cheaper at rmcaudiodirect.com I believe they are selling for a little less than $190. You have to enter the coupon code "Phones" at the checkout though.

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 20
ES9WA Have been around the $220 mark for a long time on beach camera and Adorma (both are authorized), so no not a good price for the ESW9. Headroom never, yes never, have anything for the best price. They do have great information on headphones though.

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 20
HeadRoom still gives discounts on some of the Grados with the coupon codes it had before.
I almost never see Grados at a discount online (and free shipping) unless they're used.

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ES9WA Have been around the $220 mark for a long time on beach camera and Adorma (both are authorized), so no not a good price for the ESW9. Headroom never, yes never, have anything for the best price. They do have great information on headphones though.

Thanks for the tip. I have never bought anything from Beach Camera before. Lots of stuff from headroom. Might give Beach Camera a try.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't find them on Beach Camera..

Seems they sell out quickly but take a long time to restock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I tried to get Headroom to price match they said that Andorma is not an authorized reseller...?

I don't think Andorma is but Adorama Camera is.
atsmile.gif

Edit:
In the authorized dealers page in the AT US site:
Adorama Inc (adorama.com - the FAQ page on Adorama Camera's site reveals it is Adorama Inc.)
Beach Trading Company Inc (beachcamera.com - link to it in AT's page)

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #12 of 20
"Best Price Guarantee Request:
Time: April 8, 2010 03:08 AM
E-mail:
Manufacturer: Audio-Technica
Model: ATH-ESW9A
Listed Price: $218.95
Product Link: ATHESW9A Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A Portable Wooden Headphones
- HeadRoom Staff

HeadRoom Corporation
2020 Gilkerson Drive
Bozeman, MT 59715
Toll Free 800-828-8184
1-406-587-9466
Fax 406-587-9484 "

reply was

"Hello,

Many thanks for your email --

We can come close to this 'non-authorized' Audio-Technica vendor price.

Our best HeadRoom ''100% authorized seller'' sale price including UPS shipping to any USA address is $249.
Please call-in to our Sales Dept during HeadRoom business hours [M-F; 9am-5pm USA Mountain Time] to order at this low price-match and just remember to mention our email correspondence and price match offer to the order taker.

Alternatively, please order online and just write "PRICE QUOTE = $249 OK'd JORGE" in our online order form's 'Notes/Comments' section at end of online order process. After official approval, we'll take it from there and adjust final prices on our systems before charging the credit card.."

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 20
Just ordered the ESW9A from Beach Cameras for $219.00 shipped. Not a great deal but I do not believe they will drop NIB any lower from an authorized dealer. These woody cans have me turned on faster than woman.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
Wait, wood turns you on better than women...hmm.
eek.gif

-Daniel

In my younger years, I liked to subscribe Playboy, GQ magazines. They were later replaced by Audio, Video, Stereophiles ,,,in my bathroom, living room.

Not only Woody cans but  Pass amps, Krell amp, BAT preamp, Cary Audio...have same or more effects. Instead of hanging around titty bar, clubs...on my day off, I hang around hi-end dealers in town checking out audio gear instead of checking out chicks.

Passion, brother. Passion instead of infatuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back