dCS Bartok
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #256 of 2,060
Curious as to the manufacturing status of my Bartok/headphone amp (not that it is important considering what is going on).
My dealer is in NY and I placed my order on 2/18. At the time I was told 2-4 weeks for Silver and 4-6 weeks for Black. I ordered Black.

I wonder if the DCS factory is open and working or is/will be shut? Curious about Naim and Linn as well.
There is a note posted on the dCS Community forum that the factory is closed temporarily as of March 27. And while I agree generally about the grand scheme of things, I wouldn’t say that a $15k purchase is unimportant. The things we buy help to keep people employed and businesses alive. And if there is anything that will help get us through all this, it’s a global economy with the resilience to bounce back and all of us doing what we can to stay healthy.

What has your dealer told you?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #257 of 2,060
Curious as to the manufacturing status of my Bartok/headphone amp (not that it is important considering what is going on).
My dealer is in NY and I placed my order on 2/18. At the time I was told 2-4 weeks for Silver and 4-6 weeks for Black. I ordered Black.

I wonder if the DCS factory is open and working or is/will be shut? Curious about Naim and Linn as well.

Naim has shut down their factory as of March 27 -- it's on their Facebook page.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #258 of 2,060
320x320.jpg

New and best recording I've heard of Stabat Mater by Pergolesi
24/96 on Qobuz

Apr 24, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #261 of 2,060
May 9, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #262 of 2,060
Whoa! Seeing a Bartok on sale, let alone a mint one is like seeing a unicorn!
Yes, if this had popped up a couple of months ago, it might have saved me some money. 😉 But maybe not. My Bartok demo sent me down the rabbit hole in a big way.

Anyway, this is an excellent buy. Someone should, almost certainly will, jump on it.

May 9, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #263 of 2,060
Yes, if this had popped up a couple of months ago, it might have saved me some money. 😉 But maybe not. My Bartok demo sent me down the rabbit hole in a big way.

Anyway, this is an excellent buy. Someone should, almost certainly will, jump on it.

A few people did just that yesterday and now it is sold. :o2smile:

May 10, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #264 of 2,060
May 13, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #265 of 2,060

If you do mind me saying it, I believe you been down the rabbit hole long before the Bartok demo 😆.

May 15, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #267 of 2,060
I am interested to see what you think about the Primavera when you get it. My buddy with the MSB had one it is the beat I have ever heard the susvara or abyss sound.
The Primavera arrived yesterday. I will post initial impressions in a separate thread in a few days.

May 15, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #268 of 2,060
Hi, I have just bought DCS Bartok without headphone amp, now I am looking for good headphone amp. How do you think which one could be great for Bartok? I have got Audeze LCD-XC headphone. I know there are a lot of good amps, any recommendation?

May 16, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #269 of 2,060
The Primavera arrived yesterday. I will post initial impressions in a separate thread in a few days.

Interesting. The Primarvera is in the same price area as the Aries Cerat Genus 25W SET headphone amplifier. I would love to compare them.
Genus-LCD4-night-web.jpg
Aries_Cerat_Genus_08.jpg
Aries_Cerat_Genus_07.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #270 of 2,060
Giving consideration on selling my perfect, four month old silver Bartok with HP option, but havent placed any ad. Anyone interested can PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back