DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Jun 25, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #61 of 412
If there is Wifi at the next meet I may be able to setup Tidal and the Brooklyn DAC w/ MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) if folks are interested. It sounds pretty good though I've not done comparisons with regular hirez.

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #62 of 412
I was invited and just joined a new Facebook group for DC area:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/842934835855916/

You guys may want to join. I don't see any head-fi people in there.

Thanks for the heads up. I joined for a couple of days, but left after seeing that they lean towards home theater - which is fine and great, just not my bag.

If there is Wifi at the next meet I may be able to setup Tidal and the Brooklyn DAC w/ MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) if folks are interested. It sounds pretty good though I've not done comparisons with regular hirez.
Yes, interested!

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #63 of 412
Thanks for the heads up. I joined for a couple of days, but left after seeing that they lean towards home theater - which is fine and great, just not my bag.

Why? It is up to us to talk about headphones. I do so every time I get the chance. I wish all of you guys join there. And start posting headphones stuff. Besides, there is nothing wrong with both having home audio, and headphones set up.

In terms of HT vs Stereo/ Music, that’s actually pretty equal participation in there

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #65 of 412
I am told that there will be a meet on November 5, Sunday of Capital Audiofest (http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/). You may have to pay to get into CAF, but there are worse places to spend your money. There will also be CanMania with a number of headphone hardware vendors as part of CAF.

Can someone who knows chime in with more details? ...This means you, @gandhisfist

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #67 of 412
We have a good sized table and I'm trying to contact vendors who won't be there but have newer products to see if they'll send a loaner to the show, with LTA taking responsibility for receiving and returning it. If anyone has any ins with people who aren't going to the show but have something they'd like to exhibit, let me know, or have them contact me.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #69 of 412
HeadAmp will be at CAF as well, with our usual assortment of high end gear, and the new $499 Gilmore Lite V2 amp as well. We'll have headphones from Stax, Audeze, MrSpeakers, Meze, and Focal among them.

I've never heard a headamp, would love to get one for review somehow

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #70 of 412
HeadAmp will be at CAF as well, with our usual assortment of high end gear, and the new $499 Gilmore Lite V2 amp as well. We'll have headphones from Stax, Audeze, MrSpeakers, Meze, and Focal among them.

Glad you'll have the Gilmore Lite V2. It was exciting to see that announced.

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #71 of 412
Oct 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #72 of 412
Jan 3, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #74 of 412
For anyone who may be reading from Facebook, really easy to join Head-Fi. Just create an account, post a meet request here (which will also subscribe you to this thread) - or just make it happen! Several libraries on the VA side offer free meeting rooms. Post the location and date. Lots of people in the DC area are willing to join you, and will come with some neat stuff!

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #75 of 412
It's been a bit dry of meets as of late, we need to organize another one soon. I'm heading up to the Philly meet at the end of January, but would be up for one in Feb or March. Just try to avoid the weekends that the DC Hifi Group is meeting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back