DBA-02's vs IE8's
Nov 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Biolzade

New Head-Fier
I have the difficult choice between the DBA-02's or the IE8's. I can get them both for relatively the same price, and I'm wondering which is better.

I've read tons of review of both, and can't make up my mind :p

The IE8's use the over-the-ear design that i've not tried before, is it better or easier to use than the standard method?

Also, I mainly listen to Rock/Punk/Alt/Metal. Which IEM's have the best sound signature for this music?

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 11
DBA-02 is priced around 170USD

Authentic IE8 prices at 350USD

Just pointing out there are fakes IE8 out there so if you want to get new Ie8 for same price DBA-02 (170USD) then you are getting fake ones for sure.

IE8 is better for Rock I believe.

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 11
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/7974935/Sennheiser-IE8-Headphones/Product.html

I assume those are genuine, and I can get the DBA-02's from Bugden for £110 inc shipping.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 11
The answer depends on what you listen for in music.  Do you prefer to follow the lead guitar, cymbals and hi-hats?  Or do you prefer to listen for the bass and bass drums?

If you like the sparkle of the higher frequencies, then DBA-02.  If you like your bass more, then the IE8's. 

I think comfortwise, I preferred the IE8's by a small margin.  But for sound, I prefer the DB-02.

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 11
I had exactly the same decision to make, same price, I actually decided to go with the DBA's I'm sure by the looks of peoples comments I won't be disappointed
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/7974935/Sennheiser-IE8-Headphones/Product.html

I assume those are genuine, and I can get the DBA-02's from Bugden for £110 inc shipping.

Woaw! That's an awesome price for a new pair of IE8.

But they are sold by: TrustedTradeUK

have anybody ordered from him before? because if he is a private person, chances are they are fake.

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 11
I decided on the DBA's but can't find them anywhere! They went out of stock at Bugden this morning, jsut after I decided to buy them xD

And at TREOO.com they are $236! A bit out of my price range :S

I guess I'll have to wait until Bugden are back in stock :p Unless I can find a good sale on the sale/trade forum

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 11
If money is tight I'd advise against over paying that much for DBA's. For that kind of money you can get better IEMs (IMO) that also come in much better packages.

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 11
Remember that Treoo's price is in SGD, not USD. Their price should be roughly the same as mine when you convert it. When I looked it up a second ago it was $178 USD, but that's probably due to the recent mass-flocking to the USD amidst the Korean conflicts.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Remember that Treoo's price is in SGD, not USD. Their price should be roughly the same as mine when you convert it. When I looked it up a second ago it was $178 USD, but that's probably due to the recent mass-flocking to the USD amidst the Korean conflicts.

Of course! I was using USD. Now I can afford them :D Thanks

Meh. It says they're in stock, but when I go to order them it says they're out of stock :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back