DBA-02 vs RE-Zero
Sep 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jaykarnik

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am not really an audiophile and i have mostly used the iPod stock earbuds for a very long time.

Will i be able to appreciate the difference between the 2 or should i just save my 60$ and go for the RE-Zero. Also how do the SBA-01 compare to the two?

Thanks.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 9
good question since i just  got the ZERO's and i was thinking of the DBA's as my next 'upgrade' IEM

looking fwd to all feedback from the vets here
jecklinsmile.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 9
I think Joker is qualified as well
smily_headphones1.gif

I had the DBA-02 and the RE-Zero in my possession for a couple weeks and they are both good in their own rights. My individual thoughts on them are both in my signature and profile as I have reviewed them both but not against each other. I liked the RE-Zero a bit better on female vocals since they are a tiny bit forward there. The DBA-02 is more flat and better refined.

In short the DBA-02 is the better earphone with a little bit better package. The DBA-02 has better cables with less memory and no microphonics although they are much more difficult to obtain. The RE-Zero is much easier to obtain and can be bought by Head Direct which is a Head-Fi sponsor and a great company to deal with. I did compare the two a little bit before selling the DBA-02 and the RE-Zero does come very close to the DBA-02 but is not quite as good. The DBA-02 is indeed more refined and a better earphone but the RE-Zero is the better buy assuming you don't mind the adapter.

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks 
tongue.gif

For what it's worth I think the DBA-02 will be a bit more impressive for a beginner since it's a bit more direct and aggressive than the RE-ZERO. As with the other Head-Direct earphones, you have to pay attention to really appreciate the finest aspects of the RE-ZERO whereas the DBA-02 will just smack you in the face with the detail. Aside from that I agree with rawrster - DBA-02 is the better earphone; RE-ZERO is the better value and much easier to get at this time.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 9
for someone buying now the RE-ZERO is buying DBA-02 ,in say a year , a logical progression ?

or should he aim higher (in quality that is, not price) ?

most important of all, is DBA-02 the best in its price(<170$)  ,for someone who likes the RE-ZERO sound ?

i am real happy i bought the RE-ZERO and i stand my decision 100% , cause i want to feel what's like getting a good 100$ IEM before going higher the quality(+money) ladder

like going from all-nba 3rd team to 2nd team to 1st team

i believe , that i am asking you these questions too early and too ahead of their time , so please indulge me and speak your mind

this  is a great forum.really happy i found it   
beerchug.gif

cheers to you all !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back