Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #871 of 1,160
Well got there earbell in, and seems to do well with classical. I have yet to test it with anything bass oriented.

More impressions, please!
blink.gif

I find their bass better than PK1's and equal to TG-JL1 - due to slightly larger size they have a better seal.
Takes a few tries to find a perfect position though.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #872 of 1,160
Just on a quick listen, the bass is behind my DIY pk2, but the mids are quite more forward. I'll try to give all 3 I have a real listen together so I can make better comparisons soon.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #874 of 1,160
Just on a quick listen, the bass is behind my DIY pk2, but the mids are quite more forward. I'll try to give all 3 I have a real listen together so I can make better comparisons soon.

Try tilting them a little toward your ear canal. They can't be pointed directly at your ear canal like PK1/2/3 (unless you have bigger ears than me), but you will find a point where better seal is achieved. Use EarBell's size to your advantage
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #875 of 1,160
For me, they're a snug fit after I put the foam on, so no adjustments can be made. At least they feel quite secure in that respect.

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #876 of 1,160
I'm wondering if anyone has speculation as to why the Chinese buds we talk about in this thread sound so good. The Chinese weren't known for innovation, but it seems like these Chinese Buds vs. Japanese or American buds sound better, yet cost much much less.

It seems like buds that are $100 or over from Japan sound close to or not as good as Chinese buds that cost $12-$40.

The Chinese haven't been known for producing "hi-fi" equipment - but have always been known for costing less. What is the difference with these earbuds?

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #877 of 1,160
  I'm wondering if anyone has speculation as to why the Chinese buds we talk about in this thread sound so good. The Chinese weren't known for innovation, but it seems like these Chinese Buds vs. Japanese or American buds sound better, yet cost much much less.

It seems like buds that are $100 or over from Japan sound close to or not as good as Chinese buds that cost $12-$40.

The Chinese haven't been known for producing "hi-fi" equipment - but have always been known for costing less. What is the difference with these earbuds?

Pure speculation here (well you asked for it) - hasn't Chinese manufacturing been used for many years by US/Japanese/European companies? If the factories exist in China, the Chinese can learn from them. I work in audio recording and this is what happened with microphones - clones of mics by Neumann etc of superb quality started appearing. Chinese society is progressing fast and they are becoming better at designing their own stuff - these companies previously known for cloning now make their own new mic designs with the skills/reputation they have built. I suspect that headphone manufacturing expertise shares many similarities with microphone manufacturing. The cheaper prices come from the fact that manufacturing is still relatively cheap (although costs are much higher than, say, 10 years ago), plus there isn't a large markup added by a 'name brand' company. Obviously there are still some downsides as shown by some posts in this thread - possible QA issues for example. I'm sure this will also improve in time.

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #878 of 1,160
Your speculation is actually fact in the world of cans with Superlux. They used to make drivers for Sony, and then they decided to make their own after Sony paid for R&D. Their cans have the quality of >$100 for around $40. Plus they get rebadged as CAD or Samson cans. This is very likely the case with buds too - the manufacturing facility decides to manufacture their own after learning how from a name brand.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #879 of 1,160
This sort of thing has happened for a long time. I've especially noticed it with guitars. Things made in Japan a while back were considered inferior, believe it or not. My father has a Japanese guitar from the 60s and he told me his friends used to look down on him with their American-made guitars. Now Japanese-made things are highly sought after. Take a company like Ibanez - they begun making their high end guitars only in Japan and then sent the midrange and lower stuff to be made in Korea. Now Korea's stuff has become so good (and, I would take a guess, that the labour got more expensive) that the lower-end stuff started being made in China. I think they're even using some other places like Indonesia, but don't quite me on that.

As China gets better at what it does and gains confidence in its own designs and their value, other places will be used for cheap manufacturing. India is the most obvious next candidate for that and we're already seeing things come from there.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #881 of 1,160
If anyone has the apple earpods (not old ones), can you please post a couple of quick comparisons with the Tingo Croons TG38S and Dasetn M760 since I don't have the earpods, but I've heard a lot of good things for how good they sound for just $30. I'm just wondering if they classify as the type of budget gym/everyday earbuds that I'm looking for or if I should just wait for my M760s to arrive. If the earpods are superior to the Tingo Croons and M760, I might as well go out and buy one before the 760s arrive. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #882 of 1,160
I have the newer Apple pods, and would rate the TG38s as superior audio wise, in every regard really. The Apple earpods, while better than the Apple buds they replaced, aren't worth $30 when you compare them to the TG38S. $10, tops.

One thing that the pods do excel at in my opinion is as bedtime buds - I experience no discomfort wearing these with my ear turned into the pillow, and the in-line volume controls are handy to have in this situation.

So it's TG's by day, and Apple pods by night.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #883 of 1,160
  i am concluding, at least as i see it for myself, the BLOX are still the kings of earbuds.

Let's hope the new blox flagship will be as good or even better than tm7

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #884 of 1,160

I'd recommend Dasetn M1. It's much more balanced than both the Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Pro and Tingo TG38S. The PAA-1 Pro has got more bass and the TG38S has got more extended highs and details, but both the PAA-1 Pro and TG38S have got their drawbacks. Dasetn M1 is a good middle ground and I find myself using it more than my Blox TM7 (it almost sounds as good and also I don't want to risk breaking my TM7...)

bigsmile_face.gif
 Finally my M1 has arrived and...... BANGGGG!!!!! 
L3000.gif
 WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS? Haha,THANKS a lot for the rec Danneq 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back