Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #886 of 1,160
  I have the newer Apple pods, and would rate the TG38s as superior audio wise, in every regard really. The Apple earpods, while better than the Apple buds they replaced, aren't worth $30 when you compare them to the TG38S. $10, tops.

One thing that the pods do excel at in my opinion is as bedtime buds - I experience no discomfort wearing these with my ear turned into the pillow, and the in-line volume controls are handy to have in this situation.

So it's TG's by day, and Apple pods by night.

Cant fault the Earpods for their all-rounder capabilities

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #887 of 1,160
This sort of thing has happened for a long time. I've especially noticed it with guitars. Things made in Japan a while back were considered inferior, believe it or not. My father has a Japanese guitar from the 60s and he told me his friends used to look down on him with their American-made guitars. Now Japanese-made things are highly sought after. Take a company like Ibanez - they begun making their high end guitars only in Japan and then sent the midrange and lower stuff to be made in Korea. Now Korea's stuff has become so good (and, I would take a guess, that the labour got more expensive) that the lower-end stuff started being made in China. I think they're even using some other places like Indonesia, but don't quite me on that.

As China gets better at what it does and gains confidence in its own designs and their value, other places will be used for cheap manufacturing. India is the most obvious next candidate for that and we're already seeing things come from there.

I was around for the Japanese transformation.

But BenF is correct to steer us back on topic. I know the inspiration for Superlux and Behringer items - but those are not earbuds. The good/great sounding earbuds from China that I have tried are Dasetn, VSonic, Sunrise Audio, Sound Magic, HighSoundAudio, and TinGo (or is it Croons?). With Superlux and Behringer items (which are not earbuds), it is very clear what "inspired" the products. In the Superlux case, the company was making drivers for name brands - then decided to use those drivers in their own items. Behringer shamelessly copies more expensive equipment.

However, it is not so clear what inspired the Chinese buds. One clue is the shameless ripoff of the Senheiser MX housing - but despite the flawless housing ripoff, the drivers inside aren't necessarily inspried by Sennheiser. If anyone knows what particular models inspired the inexpensive Chinese buds, please speak up. There already are clues at the Dasetn description since Dasetn actually put the description in the product.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #888 of 1,160
what i know for sure is its gonna be miles ahead of this tingo crap :D

Let's hope the new blox flagship will be as good or even better than tm7

what i know for sure is its gonna be miles ahead of this tingo crap :D

Well about the sg-38s i heard mixed reviews. Most of them are negative and other are very positive. I heard great things about dasetn m760 and evryone says that they are very good. I will have them in 2 days and in one week the pk1 (which is the one i anticipate for) . I dont have much faith on dasetn but im sure the pk1 will sound great. I never had blox but i dont like the fact that there are no accesories with the earbuds. The foam tips are dirt cheap and even those are not included

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #890 of 1,160
and thats exactly why you shouldnt care.

for the PK1 make sure to use an amp.
and for the dasetn ones, according to the reviews im pretty sure they are better than the tingos

Yes i will use an amp with them prpbably c&c bh2. How did pk1 sound to you?

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #891 of 1,160
Yes i will use an amp with them prpbably c&c bh2. How did pk1 sound to you?

i had pk2  for ca. 5-6 years.  and when searching to upgrade, i was battling between pk1 and Blox. due to price issues and various positive feedbacks on the blox, i went for it, thus never had the chance to try pk1. but i dont think im missing anything

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #892 of 1,160
  and thats exactly why you shouldnt care.

for the PK1 make sure to use an amp.
and for the dasetn ones, according to the reviews im pretty sure they are better than the tingos

M760 and TG-38S have the opposite sound signatures, preferring one over the other is usually based on which sound signature you prefer. M760 is "mids forward", and TG-38S is "U-shaped".
Technically, TG-38S is superior to M760, with better extensions on both ends, better detail retrieval, larger soundstage, and better controlled bass.

I own 6 Dasetn M760s and another MX760 clone bought on eBay as a "genuine" MX760 (got my money back, of course).
Their sound varies due to difference in driver quality and different cables.
I own 4 TG-38S - they all sound exactly the same.

I listen to TG-38S the same way as with Havi B3 Pro MK1 - with E12's bass boost turned on.
Without it, both are missing some mids and bass punch. With it - amazing.

As for Yuin PK1, its sound signature is different as well - it's balanced.
It should be compared to TG-JL1 and EarBell, both of which it can't beat, despite the price tag being 5 and 10 times lower respectively.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #893 of 1,160
  I have the newer Apple pods, and would rate the TG38s as superior audio wise, in every regard really. The Apple earpods, while better than the Apple buds they replaced, aren't worth $30 when you compare them to the TG38S. $10, tops.

One thing that the pods do excel at in my opinion is as bedtime buds - I experience no discomfort wearing these with my ear turned into the pillow, and the in-line volume controls are handy to have in this situation.

So it's TG's by day, and Apple pods by night.

Well I guess I'll forget about that then. The Tingo Croons are very comfortable for me in bed, so that isn't much of an issue. I guess the only thing the earpods have on the TingoCroons are the inline mic and control. Otherwise I don't think the earpods even have better quality. I'll just wait for my Dasetn 760 then. Thanks. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #894 of 1,160
Is there an earbud that can match up the Carbo Tenore on SQ? :)

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #895 of 1,160
  Is there an earbud that can match up the Carbo Tenore on SQ? :)

Good question. I have a pair of Tenore that I got simply to help on the rare occasion I need isolation. They have delightful sound signature. It would be great to find a bud on a par with them...

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #896 of 1,160
Although I have heard stories of dissatisfaction from Dasetn with regards to customer service and/or quality control issues. I, personally, have never had a problem with quality control issues and have ordered (and received) 4 pairs of earbuds from Dasetn. It took 8-10 days (including non postal days) to get from Dasetn to me, by regular mail, to the Southern US. I have experienced "crickets" when e-mailing Dasetn about an issue. But for an average price of $17 or so (give or take) per bud, I'm not complaining. If I paid $100 for a pair and experienced "crickets" while trying to e-mail Dasetn, I would be pissed. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #897 of 1,160
I just got the M760 earbuds . Installed the foam tips and the sound is really good ! I hope the pk1 are a bit smaller, because i'm having a difficult time getting a tight fit. Are you using your m760 with the tips or without and how is the sound in both cases?

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #899 of 1,160
Did you get the black cable with volume slider or red cable? I always use foam pads on the earbuds. Sound is warmer, fuller and more bass with foams.

I got the red cable M760. I was expecting the earbuds to be the size of apple earbuds which fit tight to my ears. These are bigger. Are pk1 of this size? They should arrive next week.

Without the foam it is hard to get a good fit

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #900 of 1,160
Did you get the black cable with volume slider or red cable? I always use foam pads on the earbuds. Sound is warmer, fuller and more bass with foams.

What is the diference betqeen black cable and red cable? Also how is pk1 fit? Are they smaller and more comfortable than m760?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back