Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #856 of 1,160
  Wow are there Dasetn resellers already or have the Dasetn M1s just been rebrands of OEM buds? 

I dont know, i order the used one. The Seller told me that he has two demo unit of M1s, and agree to give me one. It cost me around 9 bucks plus post shipping. I'll give an impression later after the buds arrive 
popcorn.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #857 of 1,160
  I dont know, i order the used one. The Seller told me that he has two demo unit of M1s, and agree to give me one. It cost me around 9 bucks plus post shipping. I'll give an impression later after the buds arrive 
popcorn.gif

Do you know if they sold any other Dasetn products such as the M760 flagship and/or the M3? If they carry the full line it's a chance that they'd be a Dasetn distributor. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #860 of 1,160
  If they have the M760 for cheap/used you should consider going for those as well. They usually receive almost unanimous praise in contrast with the Tingo Croons. I have a M760 on the way myself due to the amount of positive feedback. 

Yup i think so too, they guarantee that my M1s 100% no defect and willing to send me the other one, if im not satisfied. Thats a killer deal for me... 
etysmile.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #861 of 1,160
Jun 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #862 of 1,160

I think you have forgot another zero...
wink_face.gif

Even carbon-nanotube drivers in full size headphone don't require that much burn-in.
I think you were affected by the brain burn-in, not driver.

I have had similar experience with other buds and I do believe longer burn in time makes a marked difference. I found the improvement over time is particularly noticeable with highly dynamic buds with strong bass, maybe they all use drivers of a similar property.

The MX985 on the other hand has a very dense and fast sound, I think they use a different type of driver. I regard them as very un-dynamic and messy in its staging, they had a marked improvement after 1000 hours. The staging is still messing but the dynamics has relaxed quite a bit.

I think burn in is very subjective thing. My question is this: how do you know the sound stop changing after say 100 hours rather than a longer period of time? Is there any scientific proof or is it just based on personal experience?

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #863 of 1,160

I have had similar experience with other buds and I do believe longer burn in time makes a marked difference. I found the improvement over time is particularly noticeable with highly dynamic buds with strong bass, maybe they all use driver of a similar property.

The MX985 on the other hand has a very dense and fast sound, I think they use a different type of driver. I regard them as very un-dynamic and messy in its staging, they had a marked improvement after 1000 hours. The staging is still messing but the dynamics has relaxed quite a bit.

I think burn in is very subjective thing. How do you know the sound stop changing after say 100 hours rather than a longer period of time? Is there scientific proof or is it just based on personal experience?

I usually listen for a few minutes every 24-48 hours to see if the sound is changing.
I do not burn-in by listening, so there is no brain burning involved at this stage. Once the initial burn-in is done (sound stopped changing), I start using the headphones normally and let my brain adjust. The more you use the headphones, the more easily your brain will extract the sonic information from it - hence the improvement over time.

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #864 of 1,160
  Do you know if they sold any other Dasetn products such as the M760 flagship and/or the M3? If they carry the full line it's a chance that they'd be a Dasetn distributor. 

There are dozens of M1/M760 variations on TaoBao and other shops. Usually they come straight from the OEM factories.
Dasetn sometime does some work on them though - e.g. M760 is re-cabled.
Standard MX760 clone/fake has a short cable with volume slider and an extending cable.
Dasetn re-cables with long cable without the volume slider, removing the extra circuitry, that may have had a negative effect on sound.

Be aware of variations in quality between these different versions, they may sound different due to different OEM factories.
M760's strongest point is the piano music, other variants may diverge.

Better stick with buying directly from Dasetn.
As long as you use Paypal, you are 100% protected.

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #865 of 1,160
  There are dozens of M1/M760 variations on TaoBao and other shops. Usually they come straight from the OEM factories.
Standard MX760 clone/fake has a short cable with volume slider and an extending cable.
Dasetn re-cables with long cable without the volume slider, removing the extra circuitry, that may have had a negative effect on sound.

Be aware of variations in quality between these different versions, they may sound different due to different OEM factories.
M760's strongest point is the piano music, other variants may diverge.

Better stick with buying directly from Dasetn.
As long as you use Paypal, you are 100% protected.

Ya, I buy exclusively from Dasetn. I'm just trying to figure out what exactly it is I am buying. Real DIY modded buds which sound great or OEM rebrands that are sold everywhere that also happen to sound great. Either way, I don't mind, they sound great and I think I'm getting a deal, I'm just trying to figure out the secret. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #867 of 1,160
  Ya, I buy exclusively from Dasetn. I'm just trying to figure out what exactly it is I am buying. Real DIY modded buds which sound great or OEM rebrands that are sold everywhere that also happen to sound great. Either way, I don't mind, they sound great and I think I'm getting a deal, I'm just trying to figure out the secret. 

What do you consider to be an example of a "real DIY" buds?

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #868 of 1,160

What do you consider to be an example of a "real DIY" buds?

Modified in some way mechanically. So yes, I'd consider the recable of the M760 a DIY mod. I am just wondering if the M1s can be bought in bulk almost exactly as they are sold on Dasetn. Or if not, I'm just wondering what driver and what OEM model they originate from. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #869 of 1,160

I actually have M760 black, short and extending cable you mentioned, and volume slider (much better cable than red i think). I bought it from dasetn alongside a fake sennheiser leather pouch, clip and 3 pair of foam. I think its a second batch before the red cable and brown housing came out. Both M760 and M1 sounded like people mentioned here.  M760 and M1 sound balance and transparant. The vocal on M760 a bit forward than M1. I also bought M1 and AP8. I like AP8 due it can handle fast songs, eventhough it doesn't have much detail than M760, but the downside is the housing is unconfortable to use.
Thanks to Danneq for giving some reference to me.
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #870 of 1,160

I usually listen for a few minutes every 24-48 hours to see if the sound is changing.
I do not burn-in by listening, so there is no brain burning involved at this stage. Once the initial burn-in is done (sound stopped changing), I start using the headphones normally and let my brain adjust. The more you use the headphones, the more easily your brain will extract the sonic information from it - hence the improvement over time.

Same here, for the first I think four weeks of burn in I check once or twice a week, it is only since last week the sound has got to a point where it is natural and comfortable to listen to I can't help but use them everyday after work just because how enjoyable they are, even though I don't have much time to use earbuds. I don't know how long your BE5 has burn in but if they received only say 200 hours I highly recommended you to give it another two or three weeks, just see what happens.

In your review of BE5 you mentioned the soundstage is a bit weird, at this stage to me there is nothing weird about the soundstage, it's wide, deep, open and engaging. It's just incredible with classical music.

PS: if by weird you mean the instruments seem to align to a center line and superimpose on each other, and there seems to be no sound from the left and right then I experienced it too. That will change to a spherical stage after a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back