Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #841 of 1,160
  bad news. i got the tg100 not the JL1. im gonna open a case and demand a refund

That really sucks. I really wish they restocked the JL1. I would be down for a pair. I really like the idea of tungsten/metal coating the yuin casings. I guess it was really a special run since they don't do it at all anymore and there's no backstock. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #842 of 1,160
in addition, i think they even sound worse than the 38S model.....
i do love the build! its is awesome! but the sound is the total opposite...
im regreting getting into all this tingo buzz..

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #843 of 1,160
in addition, i think they even sound worse than the 38S model.....
i do love the build! its is awesome! but the sound is the total opposite...
im regreting getting into all this tingo buzz..

Wow this sucks. I ordered 2 pairs of JL1, but then went for TC100 after finding out JL1 were gone. I hated the TG-38S but based on BenF's review, I thought the less hyperextended sound would be more to my liking. But if they're worse than TG-38S, I'm not gonna even bother opening the box when I get home.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #844 of 1,160
Wow this sucks. I ordered 2 pairs of JL1, but then went for TC100 after finding out JL1 were gone. I hated the TG-38S but based on BenF's review, I thought the less hyperextended sound would be more to my liking. But if they're worse than TG-38S, I'm not gonna even bother opening the box when I get home.

My review is only valid for TG-JL1, have no idea how TC100 sounds.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #845 of 1,160
  If you burn in BE5 more than 500 hours you get a soundstage you won't believe! It's huge, layered, full-sized, speaker like soundstage. Gone is the bright and occasionally lean sound with bass detached from the spectrum, after burn in the sound has become completely integrated! This really remind me of my experience with TM5, dynamic, layered, big sounding. My only quibble with TM5 is its somewhat low speed, this has improved a great deal with BE5! BE5 is very natural and relaxing sounding!

I think you have forgot another zero...
wink_face.gif

Even carbon-nanotube drivers in full size headphone don't require that much burn-in.
I think you were affected by the brain burn-in, not driver.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #847 of 1,160
Jun 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #848 of 1,160
OK BenF, gotcha. I was under the impression the TC100 are a direct replacement for JL1. Or at least supposed to be very similar.

It was supposed to be a replacement, but different size and shape of the housing, as well as different ventilation, must affect the sound.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #849 of 1,160
  It was supposed to be a replacement, but different size and shape of the housing, as well as different ventilation, must affect the sound.

BenF, do you know if there will ever be another earbud with tungsten dipped casings? Did the JL1 supplier just tell you that they are no longer going to be made at all basically? Or did they simply say they didn't have any at this time. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #850 of 1,160
  BenF, do you know if there will ever be another earbud with tungsten dipped casings? Did the JL1 supplier just tell you that they are no longer going to be made at all basically? Or did they simply say they didn't have any at this time. 

Tingo said in advance there will be only 30 made. They've sold out TG-JL1 and changed the TaoBao listing to TC100.
I'm guessing no more TG-JL1 will be made.
So Baldoor Earbell is the way to go now for balanced sound.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #851 of 1,160

I'd recommend Dasetn M1. It's much more balanced than both the Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Pro and Tingo TG38S. The PAA-1 Pro has got more bass and the TG38S has got more extended highs and details, but both the PAA-1 Pro and TG38S have got their drawbacks. Dasetn M1 is a good middle ground and I find myself using it more than my Blox TM7 (it almost sounds as good and also I don't want to risk breaking my TM7...)

Hi Danneq, yup it looks like im gonna try the M1. My friend at work tell me so too, and already order one from the local seller here. Hope that im not messing around with first or second batch, hehe... and the buds are really bang for a bucks. I'll give it try. Tq Danneq.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #852 of 1,160
  Hi Danneq, yup it looks like im gonna try the M1. My friend at work tell me so too, and already order one from the local seller here. Hope that im not messing around with first or second batch, hehe... and the buds are really bang for a bucks. I'll give it try. Tq Danneq.

Dasetn M1 from a local seller? Who else is selling them other than Dasetn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back