Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Oct 1, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #11,626 of 14,543
I'm seeing pair of Brimars from $35 to $85... 🤔 Gonna have to do some homework. How's the gain on those?
Gain is on the high side but they don’t distort like a 6C8G could for example. I have my heaters at 6.3v. I still run my DV at 116v.
DM me the ones you may buy and I can compare them to mine.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #11,627 of 14,543
Auction link - Link

Here it is for those who want to read. I purchased a Tung Sol 6SN7GT BGRP that was advertised as an RCA from 1972 for $25 shipped. Yeah, LOL. It was tested as NOS and it tested remarkably bad. I would of course be nice about this situation considered the price paid but his response is pure gold. The guy is completely daft and is it's worth the read..

1.png

No response yet so I sent another..
2.png

He responds after I file for a return that the tube wasn't as advertised.
3.png

My response.
4.png

5.png

Aaaand he takes the coward way out. Ignores my message and has nothing to say.
7.png

Loss for words.

This will be the first negative feedback I have left in over a decade.

If you are also confused, he thought the Hickok 800A min/new test values I mentioned in my message were me bragging about how expensive my tester was. This guy defines thick headed.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #11,628 of 14,543
It’s worth it! I can confirm that they also sound fantstic with a Mullard 6080 as well. Rich vocals and deep bass, extremely dynamic.

The Mullard 6C4 though are likely not worth buying, as mine never really opened up.. just don’t do much for me. So yes to the Brimar and GE. The thing is plate color and getters vary with all so you’ll have to do your own investigating. (My Brimar and GE are gray plates.)

I have a pair of Fivre on the way!
Tube person. :smile::smile:

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #11,629 of 14,543
Auction link - Link

Here it is for those who want to read. I purchased a Tung Sol 6SN7GT BGRP that was advertised as an RCA from 1972 for $25 shipped. Yeah, LOL. It was tested as NOS and it tested remarkably bad. I would of course be nice about this situation considered the price paid but his response is pure gold. The guy is completely daft and is it's worth the read..

1.png

2.png

3.png

My response.
4.png
5.png

7.png

Loss for words.

If you are also confused, he thought the Hickok 800A min/new test values I mentioned in my message were me bragging about how expensive my tester was. This guy defines thick headed.
I guess you should just be happy you didn't buy one of his flute reamers - god knows what you'd have got:dizzy_face:

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #11,630 of 14,543
Auction link - Link

1.png

2.png

3.png

My response.
4.png
5.png

7.png

Loss for words.

LOL! Too much. Wish I'd saved a couple emails from "Old_Guy_Radiola" (the predecessor to BangyBang). He didn't mince words in calling me a stupid, uneducated, dumbass MF'er when I politely questioned why the (obviously) relabeled Tung Sol he was peddling for huge $$ had etched dots on the glass. "GE never made tubes you moron" was the funniest part of his response, other than threatening to turn me into the Tube Sellers Association for prosecution. From what I heard he sold all his inventory to BangyBang and got out of the business, so it's not the same person (but they HAVE to be related somehow :smile:).

But I'm confused on how much your tester cost. Was it $300, $1300, or $2600? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #11,631 of 14,543
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #11,632 of 14,543
I guess you should just be happy you didn't buy one of his flute reamers - god knows what you'd have got:dizzy_face:
Wait! What?!? He has flute reamers? Sorry, @therremans but the blacklist thing will have to wait for a bit. :smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #11,633 of 14,543
But I'm confused on how much your tester cost. Was it $300, $1300, or $2600? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Haha somewhere in there. Whoever set it up did a banging job. It’s able to sort out the liars quite well.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #11,635 of 14,543
Well you know, Hickok 800A. Obviously 800. American Dollars. Namedropping and showing off as usual. Lol.
Yeah, really. Especially since the "A" is a 10x multiplier. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #11,636 of 14,543
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #11,637 of 14,543
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #11,638 of 14,543
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #11,639 of 14,543
I lived in New York when I was a young'un. Does that count? :smile:

I suppose. But if it doesn't work, what are you realistically expecting from something made in the civil war era? Obviously the guy fully tested that reamer before he listed it. The musical industry is all he knows, and knows all instruments well. He's got hundreds of reamers lined up and ready to test and ream away. Because it was made by the yankees and they are the best baseball team ever! :rolling_eyes::xf_rolleyes:

Oct 1, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #11,640 of 14,543
I lived in New York when I was a young'un. Does that count? :smile:
In fact, I read various accounts of you hanging out with Saul Marantz, Sidney Harman, and Avery Fisher…all breaking new sonic (and behavioural) ground…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back