Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Jun 3, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #10,951 of 14,543
I'm on the East Coast in Jersey. I'm a good 450 something miles north of Tarheel/Carolina BBQ country. :smile: Though I am in NJ Pork Roll/Diners/Salt Water Taffy country. Makes breakfast interesting for sure. I think Bon Jovi and the Boss likes it...
Who doesn't after your mouth watering description of it 😄😄

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #10,952 of 14,543
Ordered this pair yesterday, Raytheon black ladder plates with extra support rods.
After extensive testing being conducted by Jeff @ Lowtechelec comparing it to mostly all Matched Pairs he have in his stock and it proved to be the cleanest and best sounding. Will try in a Yaqin SD-CD3 tube buffer which should reach me soon.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 21.21.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 21.21.48.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    653 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 20.10.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 20.10.34.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #10,953 of 14,543
After months of tubeless music my Elise has finally arrived. Thanks to my DV I had a shopping spree last year on tubes. I now have a place for them
I'll leave the DV as a side project for later to fix the volume pot for good. This cloud I'm on right now feels so good and I don't want to get off it.

PXL_20210603_142251304.jpg

Miss the gang here

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #10,954 of 14,543
After months of tubeless music my Elise has finally arrived. Thanks to my DV I had a shopping spree last year on tubes. I now have a place for them
I'll leave the DV as a side project for later to fix the volume pot for good. This cloud I'm on right now feels so good and I don't want to get off it.

Miss the gang here
Looking good :)
How do you like the Elise and with which cans are you using with it ?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #10,955 of 14,543
Looking good :)
How do you like the Elise and with which cans are you using it ?
I played just one song on the HD600 to remember why I haven't sold them. 880s sound frickin scary as in very good from what I remember them. Not even close as to what they sounded like on the DV but I'm pretty much stuck on Aeolus right now. As a first impression I keep having these weird food analogies just like I've used to describe the Aeolus. Think of a Pineapple well ripped sweet juicy and with that bite after. Very good dynamics on the Elise. Like I said, I'm high on cloud 9. Very random songs keep coming on and they just click

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #10,956 of 14,543
I played just one song on the HD600 to remember why I haven't sold them. 880s sound frickin scary as in very good from what I remember them. Not even close as to what they sounded like on the DV but I'm pretty much stuck on Aeolus right now. As a first impression I keep having these weird food analogies just like I've used to describe the Aeolus. Think of a Pineapple well ripped sweet juicy and with that bite after. Very good dynamics on the Elise. Like I said, I'm high on cloud 9. Very random songs keep coming on and they just click
Do you work in marketing ? 😁😁😁
Am checking both the Elise and the Aeolus just now.

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #10,958 of 14,543
Haha. Just quit today actually as a analyst buyer/purchasing. Might look in to marketing :eyes:
Bought the Elise directly online from Feliks Audio Poland ?

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #10,959 of 14,543
Bought the Elise directly online from Feliks Audio Poland ?
Yes straight from Feliks in Poland. I even got a pair of Svetlanas and a pair of Psvanes 6SN7 with it even though I purchased it without tubes for 1199. It was 1299 with them sooo nice surprise there from Lukasz at Feliks after I've sent him like 20 mails asking for a delivery date lol

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #10,960 of 14,543
Yes straight from Feliks in Poland. I even got a pair of Svetlanas and a pair of Psvanes 6SN7 with it even though I purchased it without tubes for 1199. It was 1299 with them sooo nice surprise there from Lukasz at Feliks after I've sent him like 20 mails asking for a delivery date lol
So will ask for Lukasz and threaten him with 30 emails see how many tubes I can blackmail with my order too 😃😃😃

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #10,961 of 14,543
IMG_2609.jpg

SHUGUANG TREASURE CV181-Z

Overall it's a lovely sounding tube. I ran it with the Bendix 6080WB, it's a great match for it. Clean and detailed high end that is a bit airy. The low end can be really detailed, no mud. Soundstage was definitely notable with superb channel separation. Overall, pretty impressive and it makes me happy to know that this is new production. I should also note that both tubes come tested (mA) from the manufacturer, both of mine have perfectly matched, 8.5 mA for all four triodes. I tested them myself and the two test right at NOS, however the second triode (Gm) is 10-15% higher on each tube. It doesn't bother me but it makes me wonder if their numbers are made up. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have heard these can have a lower lifespan vs old stock. But I do recommend trying one out if you can.

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #10,962 of 14,543
IMG_2609.jpg

Overall it's a lovely sounding tube. I ran it with the Bendix 6080WB, it's a great match for it. Clean and detailed high end that is a bit airy. The low end can be really detailed, no mud. Soundstage was definitely notable with superb channel separation. Overall, pretty impressive and it makes me happy to know that this is new production. I should also note that both tubes come tested (mA) from the manufacturer, both of mine have perfectly matched, 8.5 mA for all four triodes. I tested them myself and the two test right at NOS, however the second triode (Gm) is 10-15% higher on each tube. It doesn't bother me but it makes me wonder if their numbers are made up. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have heard these can have a lower lifespan vs old stock. But I do recommend trying one out if you can.
What’s the truth of it being more SS Sounding than tubey

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #10,963 of 14,543
IMG_2609.jpg

I imagine it sounds exactly as the Psvane CV-181

Jun 4, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #10,965 of 14,543
What’s the truth of it being more SS Sounding than tubey
I personally didn’t have solidstate come to mind when listening. However I can understand why someone would make that comparison as the sound is fairly dynamic and detailed. It is a little less tubey than some old stock. it lacked a rich midrange but it didn’t sound nearly as sterile as the Tung-Sol 6C5 metal can for example. That was a very SS sounding tube. also, the driver tube character should still be dependent on the output tube used. I heard a big difference coming from the 5998 to the Bendix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back