Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Sep 10, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #13,741 of 14,543
There you go @Slade01 .. take one for the team!

Honestly, if I still had the DV, I'd do it in a heartbeat! I jumped all over the dual A2293 tubes back then, the DV is a fun amp to experiment with. You know, Deyan developed his power supply device though that would allow one to run different voltage tubes - that would certainly be an interesting play for the Darkvoice amp.

Sep 10, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #13,742 of 14,543
Honestly, if I still had the DV, I'd do it in a heartbeat! I jumped all over the dual A2293 tubes back then, the DV is a fun amp to experiment with***. You know, Deyan developed his power supply device though that would allow one to run different voltage tubes - that would certainly be an interesting play for the Darkvoice amp.
*** DV (damn versatile)…can be used in amplification 📈or in detonation 💥

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #13,743 of 14,543
Sylvania 7a4
PXL_20221001_002840833~2.jpg

Oct 1, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #13,746 of 14,543
I like them, but .. Sylvania 6J5 are couple notches above these.

Thanks - I never did get to try 7A4. Closest was the 7AF7. I'm trying not to get into a fever again for tube rolling. LOL. My wallet and I are on ok terms for the time being.

Oct 1, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #13,748 of 14,543
I like them, but .. Sylvania 6J5 are couple notches above these.
If you can find some Hytron 7A4's, grab them. My favorite 7A4 to date. Note the ones I have are Hytron labeled only, not CBS/Hytron. Assuming they are earlier versions that were made before CBS got involved with Hytron. Of course, they could be Sylvanias for all I know (but they sound quite a bit better than the Sylvania labeled ones I have).

7A4 Hytron A.jpg

Oct 1, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #13,749 of 14,543
If you can find some Hytron 7A4's, grab them. My favorite 7A4 to date. Note the ones I have are Hytron labeled only, not CBS/Hytron. Assuming they are earlier versions that were made before CBS got involved with Hytron. Of course, they could be Sylvanias for all I know (but they sound quite a bit better than the Sylvania labeled ones I have).

Sophia and Hytron 7A4 was what I meant to be wanting to sample still ... 😁

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #13,750 of 14,543

7A4 Hytron A.jpg
Trying to make a drinking game out of finding Hytron only made tubes would be a big let down...

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #13,752 of 14,543
Still sober... :frowning2:
You misunderstood the rules: you have to drink continuously until you find some. Suggest beer rather than liquor. 🤣 🤣

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #13,753 of 14,543
I got W33 at good price and selling Darkvoice.

Very rare and highly rated tubes by @Paladin79, Melz 1958 (solid plate) and 1961 are for sale. Please ping me

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #13,754 of 14,543
@therremans i remember over the last year or two you have very briefly mentioned using sonarworks for eq. on some of your headphones. my getting the hd800 recently has seriously having me put different eq software to its paces due to the fatigue it can cause. i have to say that using sonarworks may have saved me from having to sell it. what an amazing difference its tuning profile is!

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #13,755 of 14,543
@therremans i remember over the last year or two you have very briefly mentioned using sonarworks for eq. on some of your headphones. my getting the hd800 recently has seriously having me put different eq software to its paces due to the fatigue it can cause. i have to say that using sonarworks may have saved me from having to sell it. what an amazing difference its tuning profile is!
Nice, yeah I do like using Sonarworks. It’s even better for room speakers, as it uses a microphone to properly EQ the room.

I don’t have a physical/external EQ installed like the Lokius. I knew if I bought one.. I’d probably always be fiddling with it with each song. I chose to tune my DT1990s with new pads and additionally using the profiles offered with Sonarworks. The software also allows you to do slight -/+ adjustments on the low/high end, which shifts the curve in either direction. But no full band EQ is offered. You’d have to use APO Equalizer or something for that. But I just didn’t want all that so I removed APO. I believe Sonarworks overrides the windows audio service and can use WASAPI (default) or ASIO. It also auto defaults itself as the only audio device when enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back