Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Mar 10, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #1,261 of 14,501
Local speaker shop talked me into buying a high priced shu guang preamp tube for $100. Not a nos tube just a "more refined version of stock". Maybe it is but sure isn't when the left channel is buzzy a good 70dbs! :sob: Not really local as I'll have to drive two hours tomorrow to replace it but oh well

If you want to burn tubes in the DV, remove the power tube and all cables and just burn the tube for 24-48 hours. If the hum is still there burn the tube for another 24 hr and check. I have had to burn in NOS tubes for about 5 days before the hum disappeared.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,263 of 14,501
Local speaker shop talked me into buying a high priced shu guang preamp tube for $100. Not a nos tube just a "more refined version of stock". Maybe it is but sure isn't when the left channel is buzzy a good 70dbs! :sob: Not really local as I'll have to drive two hours tomorrow to replace it but oh well

Can you please post a photo of the tube and the box it came in with the exact part #. It appears they have a few versions of the preamp tube 6SN7. I periodically travel to China and I have been wondering should I pick up some of these tubes because I could get them at a fraction of the cost. But their price range for the exact same tube for different versions of the same part number here in the states range from $12 to 180+ dollars .

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #1,264 of 14,501
Will do in a little bit. I believe he said it was from prestige series. It's got a metal top coating, black glass and white bottom

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,266 of 14,501
Several varities.

Shuguang Treasure CV181-z

Psvane CV181 Tii

Psvane 6sn7 UK - this will come as stock drivers with my Euforia amp.

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #1,267 of 14,501
The Darkvoice 336SE is being sold thru Massdrop, for the next 6 day (ends Saturday 3/18).

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,268 of 14,501
I've just received my HD 800 and after a few hours use I can say it pairs really really well with the darkvoice and really removes the 6khz.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #1,271 of 14,501
 I have bought and tried many 6080/6AS7G tubes including the holy grail GEC 6AS7G and  I wish somebody would have told me this from the beginning: you can install a 6SN7 tube in the 6AS7 pot with no problem whatsoever except for the volume decreasing a bit, It will sound better than any of the best 6AS7G tube you can buy,  no one seems to admit it but 6AS7G tube were never made for audio or for precision, the coke bottle look, looks good but they are a bottleneck to the sound. I challenge anyone to try a 6SN7 instead of a 6AS7G, that was the biggest improvement I have ever got in tube rolling the Darkvoice power tube, 
Personally I am using a Sylvania 6SN7W labeled 6SN7GTA as the driver tube, and Sylvania 6SN7GTB as the power tube on my modded Darkvoice 336se (Light voice 777se) 

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #1,273 of 14,501
Yeah eikon. I've not been able to try the 6080 with my new treasure pretube but will maybe tomorrow .
 I have bought and tried many 6080/6AS7G tubes including the holy grail GEC 6AS7G and  I wish somebody would have told me this from the beginning: you can install a 6SN7 tube in the 6AS7 pot with no problem whatsoever except for the volume decreasing a bit, It will sound better than any of the best 6AS7G tube you can buy,  no one seems to admit it but 6AS7G tube were never made for audio or for precision, the coke bottle look, looks good but they are a bottleneck to the sound. I challenge anyone to try a 6SN7 instead of a 6AS7G, that was the biggest improvement I have ever got in tube rolling the Darkvoice power tube, 
Personally I am using a Sylvania 6SN7W labeled 6SN7GTA as the driver tube, and Sylvania 6SN7GTB as the power tube on my modded Darkvoice 336se (Light voice 777se) 

. This scares me lol. But I might give it a try. If two treasures will work together then that'd be amazing

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,274 of 14,501

This is brilliant. This idea briefly crossed my mind but then I forgot to look into it. I run DV as a pre-amp mostly, so decreased output is of less concern and if it makes output less hot it would be a bonus as level adjustment pots on my power amp are already turned all the way down. Looking at the specs both are 6.3V heater voltage and 6SN7 is 4x less heater current so no problem with this. Are they running at the same voltages in the amp? Looks like 6AS7 can withstand higher voltages but in different applications.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,275 of 14,501
Ciao a tutti!! Hi All!!
I'm new to this forum! My name is Filippo, i have 24 years old and i live in Italy, near Venice! I apologize now for my bad english. 

Recently i buy my new Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm Manufaktur Edition and a Darkvoice 336SE on Massdrop for a very good price! I'm new to the world of valves, it's the first time i listen music on tube amp. Wow, a week ago, when just arrived my DV, i immediately tried it with dt990 and i listen "Seven National Army of White Stripes....and...wow, i almost had tears by the emotions of this amazing sound, for mine "standard" this is very good, the best sound for me, i tryed it with my OnePlus 3T but i buy this stuff for my PC, for listen music and for gaming. 

Now i'm using stock cinese tubes, the sound for my is very good but i saw immediately that the stock valves are very worst "externally" and i'm planning to buy new two tubes. In Italy and Europe is so difficult find USA tubes right RCA and same, i find a russian man, can shop me nice new "old" tube, all tested and with paypal payment. 

I would not spend too much money for those valves, but the combination i had seen is not available and he proposed me to buy a "RCA JAN CRC 6AS7G Black Plates" for amp tube and a "Sylvania JAN 6SN7WGTA Black Plates" for preamp. For you guys, is a good buy? (Can i write the prices?)

Mmmm...is there a huge difference changing the valves? Sorry for this stupid question. I'm curious, but i don't want spend a lot of money for those things, beacuse i use them most for pc gaming, i love to "dive" in game, for example, the experience of this combination (dt990+dv336) is awesome compared to my Sennheiser HD518 that i use for years. 

Another thing, sorry if i take "advantage of you", i try the "combo" with my pc, and....nothing, when i listen headphone without music or sound i feel a very bad noise and i notice the noice increase when i scroll mouse or click it, worse, when i play game i can hear the workload of phase of my video card, lol, approximately i can hear the frequency of gpu go up or down. I study for electronics technician and i suppose this is a problem of grounding, my motherboard or my psu is the problem, i'm planning to buy a new pc ring when coffee lake cpu come out. 
It's all ok! Beacuse in my audio ring i need almost a DAC! Usb dac can't help me a lot, just tried, i need one this optical in. And.....i need another time help! I find a lot od dac, so much, very much, i'm confused! I need a simple one, like Schiit Modi 2 Uber or JDS OL DAC, but i'm not sure, i dont' have a lot of money, i just spend  about 450€ and i estimate 100€ for new valves and 150/200€ for DAC. T_T Lot of money, i can buy a very good gaming pc or a very good video card with these!!

Ok, it's all!! 
Thanks for the support and patience. Grazie a tutti!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back