Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #7,996 of 14,509
I will be using these with some Neotech interconnect cable. Just have to wait until I have my other desk before I build, since the Darkvoice will be able to sit closer to my DAC.

KLEI-83431a.jpg

KLEI RCA Connectors
Will the cable cost more than a DV?

Maybe one day I could send you a couple interconnect cables for you to compare, gratis of course. Cost under $50 with cotton mesh exterior. I have played around with plenty of IC cables.😺 Purple mesh of course. My favorite interconnect cable was given to me as a sample and it is no longer produced. I gave several sets to my son to go with a Crack I modded for him in Black and Silver. That is silver braid on the outside with a clear jacket. I ran those and other cables past my favorite test subject, and while her answer is not printable here, she adored those cables as well. I only kept one pair for myself.

IMG_1449 (1).jpgblack crack 3.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #7,997 of 14,509
Will the cable cost more than a DV?

Maybe one day I could send you a couple interconnect cables for you to compare, gratis of course. Cost under $50 with cotton mesh exterior. I have played around with plenty of IC cables.😺 Purple mesh of course.

Interconnects are new to me and I’ve never tried higher quality, just Amazon basic quality types of cables. I look forward to making some and trying others. Those look nice. After investing in some nylon braid, I realized they sell it in cloth.. I’ll also need to buy or build some XLRs to run to my monitors at my new place.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #7,998 of 14,509
Interconnects are new to me and I’ve never tried higher quality, just Amazon basic quality types of cables. I look forward to making some and trying others. Those look nice. After investing in some nylon braid, I realized they sell it in cloth.. I’ll also need to buy or build some XLRs to run to my monitors at my new place.
I friend sent me some rather high end interconnects that were pre-built. He was having issues plugging them into a couple of my amps. Some were intermittent so it was hard to tell what was going on. I found some wires not soldered, others with such poor solder I was shocked. They were trying to attach two rather large wires to the solder cup on an RCA connector. I can solder, and this would have been tough for me to build lol, I finally just made him all new cables with quality connectors and the problem was solved and I used the same setup I have used for large audio companies.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #7,999 of 14,509
I tried a Carter marine electric choke on my IEM cable and it made no diff at all. It did make the cable a bit heavier and unwieldy. :unamused:

Capture.JPG
That looks like a mini internal combustion engine...😲

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #8,000 of 14,509
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #8,001 of 14,509
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #8,002 of 14,509
Anybody here get newsletters (email flyers) from Parts Connexion?
They always have listings for caps/resistors/etc. Just wondering if anything they're selling is worthwhile (I've only bought tubes and sockets from them) or if better things can be found for better prices elsewhere.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #8,003 of 14,509
I am sorry but scotch is the official drink of choice when listening to a fine music system, if you run out of scotch, then cognac. After that, fine bourbon, then craft beers, then spiced rum. When all else fails.....arak, ouzo, pastis, raki, and sambuca.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #8,004 of 14,509
They always have listings for caps/resistors/etc. Just wondering if anything they're selling is worthwhile (I've only bought tubes and sockets from them) or if better things can be found for better prices elsewhere.
I use Parts Connexion on occasion for things like Neutrik XLR's if my other sources do not have enough in stock for a particular build. They do have decent prices for the enduser IMHO. On such things as caps, resistors, it really depends on the application and how much you are willing to spend for improvements you may or may not hear.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #8,005 of 14,509
Where does Ozarka spring water fall into the list? I'm guessing 1/8 of the way through the Dylan's Complete Works boxed set.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #8,006 of 14,509
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #8,007 of 14,509
I am sorry but scotch is the official drink of choice when listening to a fine music system, if you run out of scotch, then cognac. After that, fine bourbon, then craft beers, then spiced rum. When all else fails.....arak, ouzo, pastis, raki, and sambuca.
Umm spiced rum...I have released the Kraken a time or two.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #8,008 of 14,509
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #8,009 of 14,509
Soju and pray death finds you before the hangover does.

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #8,010 of 14,509
I do. Have bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the years. Pricing depends on what you're buying -- some of their stuff is expensive relative to others, but other stuff isn't. For example on the 3k 12w Mills resistors for the DV -- SonicCraft (who I usually buy Neotech wire from**) has them listed at $10.75 each. PartsConnexion had them for $6.25. When you need 6 in total, quite a difference.

http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/3k-ohm-mills-mra-12-p-735

https://www.partsconnexion.com/MILLS-64545.html

** TakeFive Audio is another good place for DIY parts. Same as PartsConnexion in that their pricing varies depending on the product, and they're also on your side of the border. I've bought a number of times from them with no problems.

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/categories/c1-diy-audio-supplies

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back