Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jul 5, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #227 of 823
A group buy would be something I would be serious about too. I would like a nice tube amp starter that is under three hundred dollars.

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #229 of 823
Quote:

i'd be into a group buy also. someone should look into this.

I thought someone on this forum did put this to Jian Liu and he wasn't able to offer a discount.

Jul 6, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #230 of 823
75.00 dollars(cough,cough)to twist the heater wires together. It helped some but others still hum. I have 4 tubes, 3 are national union grey and black glass and 1 hytron jan tube. I will mail them to anyone who wants to try them out.It may just be dc voltage issue. I hate to throw them away.
I have several tubes now that work well with the amp so I am happy.Here is my final list.
CBS\JAN 5692
HYTRON 6SN7GT
CBS\HYTRON 6SN7GT
RCA DARK GREY GLASS 6SN7GT V-231-YR1945
RCA SMOKE GLASS 6SN7GT
RCA 6SN7GT CLEAR GLASS
KEN RAD 6SN7GT V-231
SYLVANIA 6SN7GT
UNITED ELECTRONICS 6AS7G
RCA 6AS7G

I know there are more, but baring one heck of a deal I cant resist, I am through tube buying.
Which one is my favorite? I am leaning toward the RCA v-231 6sn7gt.But not one of them sounds bad.

Jul 7, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #232 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1
75.00 dollars(cough,cough)to twist the heater wires together. It helped some but others still hum. I have 4 tubes, 3 are national union grey and black glass and 1 hytron jan tube. I will mail them to anyone who wants to try them out.It may just be dc voltage issue. I hate to throw them away.
I have several tubes now that work well with the amp so I am happy.Here is my final list.
CBS\JAN 5692
HYTRON 6SN7GT
CBS\HYTRON 6SN7GT
RCA DARK GREY GLASS 6SN7GT V-231-YR1945
RCA LIGHT GREY(ALLMOST SEE THROUGH)6SN7GT
RCA 6SN7GT CLEAR GLASS
KEN RAD 6SN7GT V-231
SYLVANIA 6SN7GT
UNITED ELECTRONICS 6AS7G
RCA 6AS7G
Oops, I allmost forgot, I have 1 tube still coming. A tung-sol mouse ear 6sn7gt. If it works I will add to this list.
I know there are more, but baring one heck of a deal I cant resist, I am through tube buying.
Which one is my favorite? I am leaning toward the RCA v-231 6sn7gt.But not one of them sounds bad.

tongue.gif
So he did exactly one of the things I did to my own Darkvoice. Actually I completely replaced the heater wires as well as twisting them together. Helped a fair bit actually, but I've got an intermittant hum now because I need to hot-glue some other things back down again.

I'm about to replace/upgrade a lot of parts (ok, almost everything) on mine for the hell of it, so if you want to send a few of your worst offenders my way I'll be glad to see them through the upgrade process for changes. I can also see how they do with my original mod and heater wire changes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Epoch: Yeah, it has 6.3VAC straight off the transformer for the heaters.

Jul 7, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #234 of 823
Email sent, thanks for helping to assist my insane modding
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going to experiment a little more over the next few days with some cheap components I have on hand just to see what all I want to order for upgrades and changes before I start sourcing the parts. I know I'm not replacing the transformer or main chassis
tongue.gif
, but everything else is looking like fair game right now.

Jul 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #235 of 823
The plot thickens!

It seems that I won't be getting a THA336 after all, but instead I'll be recieving a THA336i.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved from Jian Liu today:

I am sorry to tell you that manufactory will send your amp to you next
week. Because they are so busy recently....
We will send you a new verion to you: THA336i, it is better than the old
version...
I hope you could understand my idea, I hope you get the best amp.......
Thank you!

This is further proof that Jian Liu is a very nice fellow to deal with, and that the Darkvoice people are serious about giving their customers great service!

I have no idea what sorts of improvements the "i" version will include - there doesn't seem to be a whole lot wrong with the original version! - but I can assure everyone that I'll be posting a full review of the amp once it arrives!
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #236 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
Quote:
I paid 250 shipped with 110 voltage and 3 day air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael415
...quoted me 280 for the amp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swt61
...He quoted me $299.00...

Why is he raising the price every single time?!!

That is how chinese do business. It might be a good idea to contact the manufacturer directly. If I can get the manufacturer address and phone no.
I can give them a call. I am fluent in mandarin. Please tell me (estimate)
1. Quantity
2. Voltage requirements
3. Method of Shipments
4. Method of payment
[size=xx-small]NOTE: I am not in to make any money, You will pay the manufacturer directly. I will ask the manufacturer about the prefered method of payment and give you all the details.[/size]
Although I have no interest in the darkvoice, but I am looking for a reasonable tube amp to drive the stax Electrostic Ear speaker. I would like to know if they make an amp for STAX. Hope this helps.
BEST REGARDS
LS4ME

Jul 7, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #237 of 823
What is different about the 'i' version?

Jul 7, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #238 of 823
Fitz, the tubes are on the way.Mailed 6-7-2006 3P.M.
Also I emailed them about the AC hum issue with older tubes. I also showed them your schematic and the idea of twisting of the heater wires. Maybe this is the 336i version? I guess will find out.The tube guy said he was suprised that they didnt twist the wires. AC for the heaters is common,but he said the amps that do allways twist the heater wires and use other means to deal with the hum, for example your fix Fitz.Well bye all.

Jul 7, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #239 of 823
Quote:

Fitz, the tubes are on the way.Mailed 6-7-2006 3P.M.
Also I emailed them about the AC hum issue with older tubes. I also showed them your schematic and the idea of twisting of the heater wires. Maybe this is the 336i version? I guess will find out.The tube guy said he was suprised that they didnt twist the wires. AC for the heaters is common,but he said the amps that do allways twist the heater wires and use other means to deal with the hum, for example your fix Fitz.Well bye all.

Thanks again!
smily_headphones1.gif

We'll definitely need some pictures of the internals for this "336i" version to see what differences there are, if Bosk is kind enough to indulge us when it arrives
biggrin.gif
. They didn't change the model number any when they upgraded the chassis and added preamp outputs, so anything with a new number is indeed interesting.

Jul 8, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #240 of 823
OK folks I've been lurking around here a lot for the past few months, and I'm very excited about this tube amp. So much, in fact, that I just pulled the trigger on one.
biggrin.gif
Jian Liu quickly replied to my email so I went through him (same seller that Bosk used).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back