Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jun 20, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #91 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
I put my order in for a Darkvoice 336 today, hopefully I'll have it within a fortnight.
biggrin.gif

I'll be sure to post impressions when it arrives!

Congrats!! Our darkvoice group is growing larger everyday
icon10.gif
Cant wait to hear your and swt61's impressions.

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #92 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
icon10.gif

I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it to tell you the truth.
very_evil_smiley.gif

It will be my first ever piece of tube gear so I really don't know what to expect, I can only go on how others have described the sound of tube amps here and on other forums.

Incidentally aznsensazian do you remember how long you had to wait after you placed your order before yours arrived?
I'm in Australia but I guess it would take about the same number of days to get here as it would to the US.

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #93 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
icon10.gif

Shouldn't be too much longer. He told me 2-3 weeks. 2 weeks will be up Fri.
I hope it's closer to two!

Jun 20, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #94 of 823
Jun 20, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #95 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
Due to price and avaliability I think that I might just go for the LD2 for the moment. Next mini meet we'll have to to a AB comparison.
-greg

Or get the Darkvoice and we can have three of them side by side with different tubes in 'em.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #96 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
Or get the Darkvoice and we can have three of them side by side with different tubes in 'em.
biggrin.gif

its tempting, but ~2Xs the cost kinda is killin me. I might just chill out till I have the $ for one.

I really liked the sound of yours, so that plan is pretty tempting at the moment

Jun 20, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #97 of 823
Quote:

biggrin.gif

The first thing I do when mine arrives - other than listening to it naturally - is start a Darkvoice Tuberolling Thread.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #98 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it to tell you the truth.
very_evil_smiley.gif

It will be my first ever piece of tube gear so I really don't know what to expect, I can only go on how others have described the sound of tube amps here and on other forums.

Incidentally aznsensazian do you remember how long you had to wait after you placed your order before yours arrived?
I'm in Australia but I guess it would take about the same number of days to get here as it would to the US.

It took me about 2 weeks to recieve mine, though i bought mine from a different seller and he shipped it ems. What cans are you planning to use with the darkvoice?

Jun 20, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #99 of 823
Planning to use mine with 2006 DT880's.
I've owned Senn 580's in the past but they were far too dark for me so I'm hoping the Beyers will provide the same fideilty but with a more forward sound.

With a tube amp I'm guaranteed the midrange will be taken care of at the very least.

Jun 20, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #100 of 823
I ordered a DarkVoice 336 from Jian Liu on 5th June. I just emailed him and he told me it is made and being tested and will be shipped on Thursday or Friday, making 17 - 18 days from ordering to shipping. I'm in the UK and ordered one suitable for UK mains power, I don't know if that effects the delivery time.

Jun 20, 2006 at 11:26 AM Post #101 of 823
What is the web site name that you've order your darkvoice ?

Jun 20, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #102 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1
Name: Jian Liu
email: ljra2@hotmail.com
Phone from usa: 011-86-791-809-3202
Business name:Shan Buddhist nun
Address: 102 Bldg 33, Xianshi Road
(city)Nanchang (state)Jiangxi
China (zip)330001
Also he carries other tube amps such as 300b etc.

I ordered mine from Jian Liu, see his details above.

Jun 20, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #103 of 823
Quote:

biggrin.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Feeling left out. Hmmm, Atlanta could be a fun trip.
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #105 of 823
I have a few questions about the darkvoice.

I am new to amps in general and very new to tube amps. I was planning on getting the Headfive that would feed out of my ipod line out and into k501. Does anyone have an idea on how the darkvoice would compare?

Also, pricewise, the two amps seem to be similar (~$250), how much does in cost to roll the tubes in the darkvoice?

Finally, does the darkvoice have crossfeed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back