Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jun 10, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #76 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Wish me luck, I just ordered one. Oh, in case anybody was wondering, I asked the seller how he thought it would do with the HD650s. Here is his reply:

Thank you for your enquiry and your interest in Darkvoice.
DarkVoice Tha-336/337 is very very suitable for HD650,I can't express how pretty good it sounds.. for my poor English.
smily_headphones1.gif
I absolutely sure you will like it if you like HD650. It is also suitable for AKG K501/601/701 GRADO SR325/RS1 and DT880.

EDIT:

Western Union just denied my money transfer because they said it is to risky and that there could be fraud involved. What the hell? I know that's not true. I think I will just go with an x-can v3 or wooaudio3. I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get this wire transfer correct. If one pops up on the FS forum I might get it.

That's crazy, it's your money at risk. They didn't have a problem with mine. Do they guaranty against fraud? You could do a wire transfer from your bank as well. I doubt you'll see one of these on the FS forum. Also the e-bay seller who used to sell these told me he can't get them any more.

Jun 10, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #77 of 823
With me the Western Union had a recording about the perils of sending money through there service as once someone picks up the money it is gone, but they allowed me to send the money to China.I think everyone gets the recording as a legal defence of Western Union so they cant be held responsible for any losses.It doesnt matter if you send money accross state or out of the country.
But the US Postal service which I tried first would not let me send money to china. Strange. Walmart buys billions but I cant send 250.00.

Jun 11, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #78 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1
With me the Western Union had a recording about the perils of sending money through there service as once someone picks up the money it is gone, but they allowed me to send the money to China.I think everyone gets the recording as a legal defence of Western Union so they cant be held responsible for any losses.It doesnt matter if you send money accross state or out of the country.
But the US Postal service which I tried first would not let me send money to china. Strange. Walmart buys billions but I cant send 250.00.

My Western Union never said a thing or played any recording for me. But the guy behind me in line got really ticked off when it cost me $14.00 to send $300.00 to China, and he had to pay $27.00 to send $175.00 to a town 150 miles away.

Jun 11, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #79 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
6N5P ->6080, 6080g, 6080w, 6AS7, 6AS7g, 6AS7w

Cheers, that's just what I was looking for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Could anyone comment on how the Darkvoice compares with the Woo 3 or PPX3 btw?

Jun 12, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #82 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackexpress
Yes a comparison with the ppx3 and mpx3 would be nice.

And the Woo3. Because I just ordered one.

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #84 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
Fitz, does the Zhaolu D2 you are recieving today has the discrete headamp upgrade?

No, I ordered it from ifiaudio which doesn't have the discrete amp upgrade available yet. But I'll definitely get one in the future, the stock amp just doesn't cut it even for the brief listens I intended it for.

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #85 of 823
Bump because I'm thinking of buying one, and would like to hear further impressions.
biggrin.gif

Some thoughts on how the amp responds to tuberolling would also be great!

Jun 15, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #86 of 823
I'd really like to hear one, as the (modified) VanWaarde amp I'm building uses a 6SN7 for gain, and a 6AS7G output tube, just like this amp. Seems like a pretty good price, too.

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #88 of 823
I put my order in for a Darkvoice 336 today, hopefully I'll have it within a fortnight.
biggrin.gif

I'll be sure to post impressions when it arrives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back