Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jun 6, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #32 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
This is even more than what echo1 paid!

It appears that they are raising prices due to the sudden demand for the amp from foreigners. I still think its a hell of a price for an amp of that magnitude. I would if its possible try to reach the builder of the amp and maybe he can provide lower prices. But remember the parts used for this amp is pretty good and the wiring is not sloppy, but very clean and neat. The simple and nice design layout is also a plus. Also the tube configurations alone provide justification to own this amp imo. So all in all, i dont think you could go wrong even in the price point, which is still low for a high quality tube amp.

Jun 6, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #34 of 823
It's self-biasing
smily_headphones1.gif

Layout is extremely clean point-to-point, it wouldn't be hard to draw up a schematic.

Jun 6, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #35 of 823
It Chinese, not German!
blink.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #36 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
It's self-biasing
smily_headphones1.gif

Layout is extremely clean point-to-point, it wouldn't be hard to draw up a schematic.

That's nice and adds enormously to the appeal.
I always wonder what newbies are thinking when they purchase a cheap chinese tube amp without any domestic service and no information a local service technician could work with.
Unadjusted bias does wear out the expensive NOS tubes pretty fast and naturally it doesn't sound as good as it could.

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #40 of 823
Jun 6, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #42 of 823
The price on these are going to jump in August to $300 from this particular seller; with an new export model says its going to be improved not just voltage change. I got quoted 280 also but I dont live in the states so my shipping cost is higher.

Jun 6, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #43 of 823
at the price of 300, I wonder how it stacks up against the bottlehead SEX, or the mapletree? At that price its close enough I am inclined to go with a well known and easily supported amp instead of the darkvoice.

Jun 6, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #44 of 823
Hey I'm wondering if someone can answer this question for me. I've also beeen in touch with the seller and he is willing to set it up for either 220v or 240v. Now EU as come up with a standard 230v across the board for most European countries. I got in touch with my local gas and electricity company and they claim that the voltage can swing anywhere between 207v to 243v depending on peek periods and so fourth. So this in mind, could any harm come to the tubes by setting it up 220v with short peaks out of the house hold plugs? or what disavantages can happen by having it set at 240v and it not being powered enough. JuanLiu said he couldn't set it up for 230 for whatever reasons. Now I know in the States it's not continuosly 110v all the time as well so is there some tolerences here that I shouldn't really have to worry about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back