Darkest desires part 2
Dec 24, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #77 of 1,066
Dec 24, 2002 at 2:55 PM Post #78 of 1,066
Tre Cool Metal Forum

Here is very informative metal forum will lots of traffic and great info on bands we discuss here, biggest I could find on the web,
12,000 members and almost 1 million posts. I notice some Nordic band members post here:

Ultimate Metal

Uses same interface (bulletin) as head-fi, but layout is much more colorful and avatars can be 100x100 pixels......very cool!

The bummer is to join they severely restrict what ISP you use for e-mail address. Incredibly they will not accept AOL, Yahoo, MS Hot mail and any free service for membership.......duh!
Do they know that in USA at least 1/2 of all homes use AOL! Oh well lots of great info here, read up and share with us here.

Many new Cds soon to arrive, Merry X-mas all.......
cool.gif

Dec 24, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #79 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
we are not tamer, we just behave ourselves.

Yes, and that shows a certain type of class which is unfortunately in short supply these days.

Just got in Delight - The Fading Tale and Chalice - An Illusion To The Temporary Real. Only have been able to spin the Delight CD so far. This is the one before their latest release Eternity, and I believe it's their first release. Anyway, I like it, but don't consider that it's as good as their current one. Paulina's voice receeds back into the music, which is a shame, given the beauty of her vocals. And overall they seem to be struggling to find the richer variety of music that's found on Eternity. They hit the same groove song after song. I give it 7 out of 10.

Dec 24, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #80 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli
Just got in Delight - The Fading Tale and Chalice - An Illusion To The Temporary Real. Only have been able to spin the Delight CD so far. This is the one before their latest release Eternity, and I believe it's their first release. Anyway, I like it, but don't consider that it's as good as their current one. Paulina's voice receeds back into the music, which is a shame, given the beauty of her vocals. And overall they seem to be struggling to find the richer variety of music that's found on Eternity. They hit the same groove song after song. I give it 7 out of 10.

Delight has three CDs out : The Last Temptation, The Fading Tale, and Eternity.

Here is their website : http://www.delight.imagination.art.pl/

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #81 of 1,066
I was able to join Ultimate Metal forum after an e-mail exchange with them even though I have AOL. Had to choose new name there so went with "Necros"

Will of course continue to post here, but lots of other metal heads
at UM forum.
cool.gif

Dec 24, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #82 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli

Well that figures since I thought the new Delight "eternity" CD was @7.5/10 Did you get that Darzamat CD before The End sold out, that is much better for me.

Dec 24, 2002 at 11:11 PM Post #83 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Well that figures since I thought the new Delight "eternity" CD was @7.5/10 Did you get that Darzamat CD before The End sold out, that is much better for me.

No I didn't; I hesitated and I lost out. Sonic Cathedral lists it, so maybe I can get it from them.

Thanks for the Delight web link, KR... Now I see I've been there once before. That's what I get for trusting my memory for a post.

I've listened once now to Chalice - An Illusion To The Temporary Real. I like their previous album, and I'm still sorting out my feelings on this one. So far those feelings are positive. This album has kind of a medievil overtone, which when blended with the heavy "gothiness" is kind of interesting. And I also really like Shiralee's voice, so it would be hard for them to mess up too badly in my opinion, as long as she's singing.

Dec 25, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #84 of 1,066
DA; You are soooooo right Witchery-Symphony For the Devil is excellent. It's like the best parts of some of my favorite bands mixed togethr. The songs are kinda short but they really rip. The vocals have the right growl, deep and cool but you can still make out the lyrics. I sense some Anthrax influence, and more classic heavy metal influence. Great riffs and catchy tunes. This is just the first listen.
Thank you DarkAngel for this recomendation.

Dec 25, 2002 at 7:05 PM Post #85 of 1,066
I ordered two new Albums :

ARTROSIS In the Flowers Shade (Ltd-Ed. enhanced) DIGIPAK CD+

The full album plus a bonus track and CD-ROM extras and new artwork, very limited edition special version.

SATANIC WARMASTER - Strength & Honour CD

Pure grim necro black metal!!!

Dec 26, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #86 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I ordered two new Albums :
ARTROSIS In the Flowers Shade (Ltd-Ed. enhanced) DIGIPAK CD+
The full album plus a bonus track and CD-ROM extras and new artwork, very limited edition special version.

SATANIC WARMASTER - Strength & Honour CD
Pure grim necro black metal!!!

Like to know what the Artrosis is like, keep us posted.

I think the Warmaster will not be for me, I am catching on:
grim necro BM = little/no melody & poor sound = unhappy DA
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2002 at 12:51 AM Post #87 of 1,066
Top 5 Dark Metal CDs for 2002

Time for your list of best new Cds you got this year, good to get some ideas for music to try:

1)OPETH - Deliverance
2)DARK TRANQUILITY - Damage Done
3)IMMORTAL - Sons of Northern Darkness (more info soon)
4)ARCH ENEMY - Wages of Sin (Angela Gassow!)
5)DARZAMAT - Flames of Black Art

May have forgotten one or two, but these seem to be cream of new crop. Let's see some more lists.
cool.gif

Dec 26, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #88 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Like to know what the Artrosis is like, keep us posted.

I think the Warmaster will not be for me, I am catching on:
grim necro BM = little/no melody & poor sound = unhappy DA
frown.gif

I will, this will be my 1st female gothic metal CD, if I like it you will be the 1st one I will go to for more names of bands, since you know more about that scene than me.
evil_smiley.gif

Well, I love minimalist black metal, but I am also painfully aware that it is NOT for everyone, I mean they don't call these bands elite and Kvlt for anything you know?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #90 of 1,066
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

yeah man.. i saw Arch Enemy at Lamours in brooklyn recently...
they freakin rocked.... their performance was great.....
their entrance onto the stage was a bit dramatic.....
biggrin.gif

but they tore it up that night......

what about the female for Sinister????
anyone like her vocal styles....????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back