Darkest desires part 2
Dec 26, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #91 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by Phil Death
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

yeah man.. i saw Arch Enemy at Lamours in brooklyn recently...
they freakin rocked.... their performance was great.....
their entrance onto the stage was a bit dramatic.....
biggrin.gif

but they tore it up that night......

what about the female for Sinister????
anyone like her vocal styles....????

How did Angela look in person? How big is that place?
She has better death vox than many men, I like this trend of having Dark Divas.
cool.gif

Sorry, know nothing of Sinister, what should we be aware of?

Dec 26, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #93 of 1,066
Also went on a little CD buying spree today at the local music store. All cd's used and at a really reasonable price. I plan on picking them over every week or so from now on.

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrants
Enslaved - Mardraum
Arch Enemy - Stigmata
Bolt Thrower - Honor Valour Pride
Bolt Thrower - War Master

Dec 27, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #94 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by BaronJack
Also went on a little CD buying spree today at the local music store. All cd's used and at a really reasonable price. I plan on picking them over every week or so from now on.

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrants
Enslaved - Mardraum
Arch Enemy - Stigmata
Bolt Thrower - Honor Valour Pride
Bolt Thrower - War Master

We need your impressions on those after you give a listen. I have had the Arch Enemy for a while now, solid CD with no real weakness I can find. Hard to find Cds like that in used CD shop.

I just picked up that Immortal and really likle it! From what I read their previous Cds would not appeal to me, but SoND has just the right blend of aggression/melody for my tastes, one of my picks for 5 best of 2002.

Dec 27, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #95 of 1,066
Sons of Northern Darkness overall I think it's a great album. Definately black metal, but of the newer veine(some melody and good production). I definately agree with DarkAngel on this one. Describing it as some what melodic black metal with crushing, but somewhat easy to digest riffs would be accurate.

Stigmata is definately one of the better Arch Enemy cd's. Personally I prefer it over Wages of Sin. The guitar work just is insane. Lots of dueling guitars, good melody, but still crushingly heavy.

Emperor Wrath of the Tyrants as I'm sure most of you know is of the purest black metal form. The production is horrible( it gets even worst after the first 4 songs) this is the way it really should be though so no quoms here. Keyboards are used very sparingly so don't expect much melody on this one. Personaly I'm really enjoying this CD as well, but if your not into the older scene black metal I would pass on this one. Try Anthems to the Welkins at Dusk for the more melodic side of Emperor.

Impressions on the rest coming tomorrow...

Dec 27, 2002 at 1:23 PM Post #96 of 1,066
Lamours is a small club with 2 stages one in the front of the club and another rom in the back with the second stage.... its very intimate..... you can practically reach out and touch the bands....
she was great... very energetic.... her vocals are impressive and (to me) fit right in with the instruments....
Sinister_banner.gif

sinister2002low.jpg

here is the band SINISTER..... singers name is Rachel (ex OCCuLT vocalist)

bandfoto3.jpg

Sinister02.jpg

their a great band on the lines of Cannibal Corpse, in the death metal realm.......... check them out at:http://sinister.wingsofdeath.nu/

Dec 27, 2002 at 2:01 PM Post #97 of 1,066
Any King Diamond fans?

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:39 PM Post #98 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by dariusf
Any King Diamond fans?

Are you kidding?
-melissa
-don't break the oath
-abagail
this is classic dark metal, we have discussed them many times here, what are your favorites?

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:48 PM Post #100 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by BaronJack
Emperor Wrath of the Tyrants as I'm sure most of you know is of the purest black metal form. The production is horrible( it gets even worst after the first 4 songs) this is the way it really should be though so no quoms here. Keyboards are used very sparingly so don't expect much melody on this one. Personaly I'm really enjoying this CD as well, but if your not into the older scene black metal I would pass on this one. Try Anthems to the Welkins at Dusk for the more melodic side of Emperor.

That is the route I went, I have Emperor:
-nightside eclipse
-anthems to welkin at dusk

Dec 28, 2002 at 4:35 AM Post #104 of 1,066
My latest End order came in today.

Dimmu Borgir- Enthrone Darkness Triumphmant. This could almost edge out COF C&B. This is better than PEM.

Moonspell- Wolfheart. Not bad, I think I may end up liking this one.

Eternal Gray- Kindless. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Sentenced- Frozen. I haven't had a chance to hear more than track one. I like Sentenced so I'm sure this will be good.

I recently got Opera IX- Maleventum. DarkAngel said their other album is better. I must get it as soon as I remember the name of it. I really like Maleventum.

Dec 28, 2002 at 12:41 PM Post #105 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
My latest End order came in today.

Dimmu Borgir- Enthrone Darkness Triumphmant. This could almost edge out COF C&B. This is better than PEM.

Moonspell- Wolfheart. Not bad, I think I may end up liking this one.

Eternal Gray- Kindless. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Sentenced- Frozen. I haven't had a chance to hear more than track one. I like Sentenced so I'm sure this will be good.

I recently got Opera IX- Maleventum. DarkAngel said their other album is better. I must get it as soon as I remember the name of it. I really like Maleventum.

PD
Keep the news coming. a couple comments here.
Dimmu EDT is better than PEM, it is without question one of the greatest melodic dark metal albums ever made. Listen to the song "entrance" and be amazed, this is Dimmu at its best.

Opera IX best CD is "black opera" which is last Cd featuring Cadaveria, very worthy and better than Maleventum.

I have another CD you will really like:
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness.....very very worthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back