Darkest desires part 2
Dec 16, 2002 at 6:34 PM Post #46 of 1,066
DarkAngel; your report on the Darzamat CD's has me excited. I did order the In The Flames of Black Art cd and it was shipped last Friday. Now I am anxioulsy awaiting it's arrival. I also got The Crown- Deathrace King. I like The Crown quite well.

Dec 17, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #47 of 1,066
OK my order arrived late, but at least it is here. Now for some impressions for my dark brothers:

Moonlight - Candra
I must say I am disappointed with this Cd and rate it 3/10. This is not gothic/dark music in my book, more like torch singer lounge music with mid/slow tempo sound. Not much more need be said here, I will try to sell this.

Delight - Eternity
This is much better, will rate 7.5/10, music very similar to Lacuna Coil meaning good female vox gothic rock. Heavy crunching goove with good synth and guitar accents. Nice variation in music tempo/style from song to song, clean female vocals vary nicely from etherial to darkly menacing. Will add to my collection and look to buy more.

In case you did not read my above review:
Darzamat - Flames of Black Art
is easily the best of these three, 9/10 and an essential purchase.

Dec 17, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #48 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel

Moonlight - Candra
I must say I am disappointed with this Cd and rate it 3/10. This is not gothic/dark music in my book, more like torch singer lounge music with mid/slow tempo sound. Not much more need be said here, I will try to sell this.

Whew! That was close. I was ready to order that one tonight
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #50 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
The only Moonlight song I ever heard was Pokuta klamcy in polish from the album Inermis, and it was pretty fast rocking stuff with power metal riffs! I guess they whimped out now huh?
frown.gif

Could well be that earlier Cds are different style. New Cd will be hard to sell since half.com doesn't list this group
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2002 at 3:53 PM Post #51 of 1,066
hmm... don't think they have been mentioned before in the other thread, Macbeth are an alright band along the lines of tot... less mellow more active though.....

i been listening to their 'Vanitus' album, some good stuff on there... esp. the track entitled fables....

if they have been mentioned here before, ah well, count it as a free bump for this wonderful thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #52 of 1,066
Rarely see that group mentioned here in the States, but did see them listed at the Sonic Cathedral site:

Macbeth

When you say they sound like TOT (theatre of tragedy) what period of TOT since they started out as heavy beauty/beast style then gradually transitioned to electro pop.

Dec 18, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #53 of 1,066
In Flames is a badass melodic death metal band. Anyone lurking this thread that hasnt heard them, please do. I cant seem to get enough of them... Great songwriting, awesome guitar riffs grouped with perfected yet simplistic drum lines (compared to that of say gene hoglan of death). Their style is defenitly unique and worth at the very least checking out.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #54 of 1,066
Quote:

When you say they sound like TOT (theatre of tragedy) what period of TOT since they started out as heavy beauty/beast style then gradually transitioned to electro pop.

well, they don't sound a huge amount like theatre of tragedy, a bit more like lacuna coil, but the basic idea of the band is similar to early tot, with the beauty and the beast style vocals...

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #55 of 1,066
Which MacBeth Cd do you like best:
-romantic tragedy cresendo
-vanitas

I was reading another site were readers voted "romantic" their favorite, do you have both and do you agree with that?

Nefarion
We worship In Flames like nordic gods here........got a favorite Cd of theirs you want to tell us more about?

Dec 19, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #58 of 1,066
Phil
Welcome aboard, many COF fans here, I have all Cds as does member KR.
Many of the bands you mention are familar but are a bit extreme/brutal for my tastes, I listen mainly to melodic death metal or gothic metal

I do own Cannibal Corpse - Heartwork mainly because I really like the group Arch Enemy which also feature the Amott brothers.

Don't currently have any Haunting, but listened to samples and almost bought a couple times.

Dec 19, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #59 of 1,066
Hey DA, as of yesterday I have all the COF cd's also plus a signed copy of the dvd Heavy Left Handed and Candid.

Phil; how does Decapitated and Death compare to bands like Bloodbath or The Crown? I may be interested. Just to let you know where I'm at, I have 2 albums by The Crown and one by Bloodbath, I like these. I also like At The Gates- Slaughter of The Soul and Dimmu Borgir MEP, and Children of Bodom- Hate Breeder. Are these guys remotely similar?

Dec 19, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 1,066
Quote:

I do own Cannibal Corpse - Heartwork mainly because I really like the group Arch Enemy which also feature the Amott brothers.

You must mean Carcass not Cannibal Corpse, that's the one with the HR Giger.

Carcass_Heartwork.jpg

Phil Death, check out Bloodbath, they are a death metal super group, very cool stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back