Darkest desires part 2
Dec 10, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #31 of 1,066
Just bought Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows - Dead Lover's Sarabande (Face One). Although not exactly 'Metal' it hardly can get any darker than this... I really don't envy this guy - man/woman... well, whatever... Very dark depressive music some kind of goth+classicall mixture with operatic medieval influences, violins and cello, very theatrical, depressive and dark...
For MP3 samples and more in depth info. go to his/her site

http://www.soporaeternus.de

Edit:- Check first: The Hourglass, Tanz der Grausamkeit(demo version), Saltatio Crudelitatis, Inschrift-Epitaph, Hades Pluton and *The Sleeper*(Edgar Allan POE) - Their best IMO, unfortunatelly not in the samples

Anybody checked/has Pan.Thy.Monium-Dawn of Dream (Dan Swano's side Project) ? It's really Great, one of the best I heard lately - the more I listen to it , the more I like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #33 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Has anybody listened to Darzamat? I have been considering their album (cd) In The Flames Of Black Art. The End describes it as
This just sounds like it would trip my trigger. Any opinions on this band?

Dam you PD, they do sound pretty good so I added them to my order:

DARZAMAT - opium of black veil + flames of black art
MOONLIGHT - cabdra
DELIGHT - eternity

More female gothic metal to quench my dark desires
cool.gif

Dec 12, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #34 of 1,066
Two new Cds for you to explore :

media.nl

ULVER - Lyckantropen

This the original ULVER soundtrack for the Swedish short film LYCKANTROPEN, produced and directed by Steve Ericsson. The ten themes are improvisations over three chords produced on mobile ULVER equipment. The focal points were laid down in Oslo and developed further in cooperation with the director and film editor in Stockholm. "The final results are an exciting blend and experimental soundscapes, dark undertones and haunting
passages ... Perfection for the visual content of Lyckantropen."
ULVER is also employed for the soundtrack to the upcoming Norwegian anti-Dogma outburst SVIDD NEGER, a 1.5 million dollars budgeter hitting the big screen spring 2003.

listen to a full song and buy it here :

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/si...1&it=A&id=3715

media.nl

STAR OF ASH - Iter.Viator

STAR OF ASH is the solo project of Heidi S. Tveitan aka Ihriel of the acclaimed experimental act PECCATUM. The project also presents members of EMPEROR and Trickster G. (from ULVER) on vocals. The debut album “ITER.VIATOR” can be proclaimed as a poetic and graceful drama with melancholic arrangements by strings, keyboards, voices, echoing CURRENT 93, DEAD CAN DANCE and CRAIG ARMSTRONG soundtracks.

listen to a full song and buy it here :

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/si...1&it=A&id=3717

They are both $11, but The End Records has a package deal for $20

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/si...1&it=A&id=3723

Dec 12, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #35 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
I got Seventh Son of a Seventh son when I was younger than ten.

Oh yeah? Jude and I slain a goat, fifteen chickens, joined a dark underground commune where we raised goats and chickens for slaughter at the tender ages of nine and six. We continued our dark crusade until I was grounded from my computer and Jude from the telephone, thus ending our reign of terror. (sorry, I've always wanted to post in this thread)

Dec 12, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #36 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
Oh yeah? Jude and I slain a goat, fifteen chickens, joined a dark underground commune where we raised goats and chickens for slaughter at the tender ages of nine and six. We continued our dark crusade until I was grounded from my computer and Jude from the telephone, thus ending our reign of terror. (sorry, I've always wanted to post in this thread)

...You forgot about painting your smarta$$ Black and the tattooed Satan pentagrams on your balls/olives...
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #37 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by ArChaos
...You forgot about painting your smarta$$ Black and the tattooed Satan pentagrams on your balls/olives...
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

conveniently so I might add
very_evil_smiley.gif

oh and my BOX SET has arrived today, woohoo, about ****ing time. It's a Moonspell pseudo box-set.

The albums are :

Under The Moonspell
Wolfheart
Irreligious
Sin - Pecado
The Butterfly Effect
Darkness And Hope

The eps are :

2Econd Skin pt.1
2Econd Skin pt.2
Live In Moscow v.1
Live In Moscow v.2

Bonus :

MP3 CD with unreleased tracks.

Dec 13, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #39 of 1,066
That MP3 CD also has a picture gallery and video files, plus all the albums as MP3s, as well as all of Cemetary's albums and Sundown albums. And it includes all the lyrics, so it's more like a multimedia CD.

This is not a real box set, just the Russian versions of these albums, which includes those eps as extras.

It boils down to this :

CD #1 Darkness And Hope & Live In Moscow v.2

CD #2 Irreligious & 2Econd Skin pt.1

CD #3 Sin - Pecado & 2Econd Skin pt.2

CD #4 The Butterfly Effect & Live In Moscow v.1

CD #5 Wolfheart & Under The Moonspell

CD #6 Multimedia CD

All the albums are 24-bit remasters.

oh, I paid $31.00 for the complete set, the Multimedia CD was free.

Here's a pic :

i-1.JPG

Dec 13, 2002 at 12:28 PM Post #40 of 1,066
OMG
Those Moonspell Cds are deluxe versions with bonus EPs included! I've never seen those versions before, where did you score those? $31 is a freaking steal.....are these used?

(since you are showing E-bay photo I assume E-bay?)

Also since you mentioned Cemetary also on your MP3 gallery CD, they do sound similar to Moonspell, at least the last 2-3 CDs do which I own. Both groups have a gothic metal clean vocal sound vs black/death metal.

Dec 13, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #42 of 1,066
They were used, perhaps you can get them from that site? I am in the middle of finals, so I can't listen to them all until after finals. I did listen to Wolfheart, damn that kicked ass.

When I listen to them all a few times, I will give them mini reviews, with more focus on the albums, since the eps are harder to get. Live In Moscow was only released in Russia and 2Econd Skin is out of print. You can still get Under The Moonspell from Blackmetal.com however.

Dec 16, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #43 of 1,066
A couple of Cds are trickling in, but one of my orders may be lost.
The End shipped my Moonlight & Delight Cds Monday 12/9 by priority mail but as of 12/14 nothing.......this could be a problem
mad.gif

Darzamat
Did get two Cds by this group Mr PD noticed:
-opium of black veil EP
-flames of balck art

I first listened to "opium" EP and found it to be slightly above average but nothing special, I rate 6/10, pretty middle of the road BnB (beauty and beast) So without high hopes I tried the "flames" Cd.

WOW is this the same group! Big improvement, musicianship much better, music has passion desire darkness, much more creative and varied structure. This will rate 9/10, Tristania "veil" reigns supreme at 10/10 but this is nearly as good.....trust me BnB fans you will love this!

Dec 16, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #44 of 1,066
Originally posted by DarkAngel
A couple of Cds are trickling in, but one of my orders may be lost.
The End shipped my Moonlight & Delight Cds Monday 12/9 by priority mail but as of 12/14 nothing.......this could be a problem
mad.gif

My orders always seem to take a long time to receive from them, although I've only used standard USPS delivery. I think they're shipping from Salt Lake City, and I'm in Portland Oregon, but it almost always takes 5-6 business days from fulfillment to delivery. Oh well, I need to practice a little more patience. Hopefully your priority shipment's struggling to get to you amidst the sea of Christmas packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back