Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Jun 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #16 of 332
Is there a way to exclude specific folders/files from being deleted?

I'm using Dapper with several devices and it works great but currently it doesn't play well with rock boxed DAPs,  since it deletes the .rockbox folder every time it syncs. At the moment I have to select "never delete any files on the DAP" but this isn't an ideal solution.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 332
Is there a way to exclude specific folders/files from being deleted?

I'm using Dapper with several devices and it works great but currently it doesn't play well with rock boxed DAPs,  since it deletes the .rockbox folder every time it syncs. At the moment I have to select "never delete any files on the DAP" but this isn't an ideal solution.

Yes, you could tell it to use a music directory, and it will only bother with things in that directory. :)

Let me know how it goes.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #18 of 332
Yesterday I received my Plenue D. I downloaded the demo of Dapper but unfortunately right after opening the app it closed because the trial has been expired. So without being able to test the program I purchased it in the Mac App Store. My problem: It seems that not all cover arts are synced from iTunes to the SD card in the DAP. The Plenue D shows for a large amount of songs it's own covers. May this be due to the cover photo itself? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Problem seemingly solved --> the album cover arts which are not shown are in png format and the Plenue only supports jpeg.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #19 of 332
The dapper app will copy the music itself and also to extract iTunes images. You can look in the folder for each album to see if we successfully got album art- there will be a folder.jpg there.

Now, if the Plenue doesn't support folder.jpg files then it's up to iTunes to have the album art actually embedded. There is a hidden setting to fix this, though.

Let's have you find an album that's broken and check for folder.jpg to see if that's there, but being ignored. If this is the case we can try the hidden detting

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 332
The dapper app will copy the music itself and also to extract iTunes images. You can look in the folder for each album to see if we successfully got album art- there will be a folder.jpg there.

Now, if the Plenue doesn't support folder.jpg files then it's up to iTunes to have the album art actually embedded. There is a hidden setting to fix this, though.

Let's have you find an album that's broken and check for folder.jpg to see if that's there, but being ignored. If this is the case we can try the hidden detting

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

Obviously you know your software better than I – you are correct: Dapper properly saves every cover, weather it be png or whatever, as folder.jpg in every album folder. But even those songs which show no album art on the Plenue D have the proper folder.jpg and even embedded covers within the file. So no success here... Can you tell me the hidden iTunes setting because I know only Tune Instructor as a tool which can do that.

The next thing I will try is to extract all album arts via Tune Instructor as .jpg and re-embed them as .jpg. I'll report back if this did the job.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit: Unfortunately extracting the cover picture as .jpg and re-embed it as .jpg via Tune Instructor did not help. The same songs show the same problem of a missing cover art when playing on the Plenue D despite correctly saved folder.jpg and embedded cover .jpg within the the song. So switching from the embedded .png to embedded .jpg did not solve the problem.

Edit 2: So renaming the folder.jpg which was created by Dapper to cover.jpg helped! Is it possible to tell Dapper to name all cover art pictures cover.jpg instead of folder.jpg? :)

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #22 of 332
does somebody use an android based astell&kern dap (ak70 in my case) with dapper in combination with syncmate on macos sierra?

since a few days i run into three errors and warnings:

1. playlist sync error at the end of every sync process:
 #ERROR: Copying playlist /Users/admin/Library/Containers/com.map-pin.Dapper/Data/Library/Caches/com.map-pin.Dapper/playlists/Dapper.m3u The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied

2. also, does somebody experience the behavior of dapper warning that the internal storage and the sd card of the astell&kern is no longer recognized when unplugged and reconnected and mounted with syncmate:
Dapper can not sync because OSX has not granted it the ability to read itunes or write to your DAP: Unable to write to card1. Please reselect it by unlocking Dapper and clicking on the left hand icon next to the slider. 

3. then, whenever i reselect the drives i get a warning that the selected drives which are mounted by syncmate, are not in a ms-dos format (although they were formatted in fat32 within the astell&kern):
This disk does not seem to be in plain MS-DOS format, which may be an issue for some Digital Audio Players to recognize. Please make sure you have correctly formatted your drives using your DAP, not your Mac for best results.
If your DAP is working great, you can ignore this message...

i'm pretty sure those warnings and errors are new and just occure since a few days. i don't know if this is due to the sierra update, or a dapper update or a syncmate update, or a fuse for mac update.

nevertheless, they are very annoying and really kill the joy of using dapper, syncmate, and even my dap :frowning2:

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #24 of 332
  does somebody use an android based astell&kern dap (ak70 in my case) with dapper in combination with syncmate on macos sierra?

since a few days i run into three errors and warnings:

1. playlist sync error at the end of every sync process:

2. also, does somebody experience the behavior of dapper warning that the internal storage and the sd card of the astell&kern is no longer recognized when unplugged and reconnected and mounted with syncmate:

3. then, whenever i reselect the drives i get a warning that the selected drives which are mounted by syncmate, are not in a ms-dos format (although they were formatted in fat32 within the astell&kern):

i'm pretty sure those warnings and errors are new and just occure since a few days. i don't know if this is due to the sierra update, or a dapper update or a syncmate update, or a fuse for mac update.

nevertheless, they are very annoying and really kill the joy of using dapper, syncmate, and even my dap :frowning2:

This is likely an issue with Sierra + Syncmate.

One way around this would be for me to distribute a different version that does not do the sandbox on OS X - which is the root of all the issues here, but then I have to manage two different versions. Ill take a look and see.

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #25 of 332

This is likely an issue with Sierra + Syncmate.

One way around this would be for me to distribute a different version that does not do the sandbox on OS X - which is the root of all the issues here, but then I have to manage two different versions. Ill take a look and see.

thank you for your reply. please bear with me that i'm no computer expert but does this have to do something with macos's system integrity protection (rootless)? i could try to disable it if it is related to what you mentioned.

Sep 24, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 332
Is Dapper confirmed working with MacOS Seirra (no syncmate, just standard setup)? Any issues cropped up since the recent MacOS update?

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #30 of 332
It's working great on sierra. I suspect it's a sync mate issue here with sandboxes access to the drive

so that dapper warns about the drive being not in plan ms-dos format may be due to syncmate and/or fuse for macos? is it possible for you to test it this is the case for you, too? do you have a astell&kern device to check if your dapper also warns about its mounted drives not being in plain ms-dos format? and do you have the same playlist error like me?

it would be great if you could check that. any help is really appreciated! thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back