DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1 added. More to come..)
May 20, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #31 of 165
Would like a few suggestions from headfiers regarding an upgrade for my dap. Currently using ak120, looking at any recommendations. Im looking at hm901, zx2, msak120 mod or lotoo paw gold. Interested at how the esther sounds as well. Dun listen to 24bit, dsd. Importance lies in sq/batt than ui

I haven't heard msak and zx2. Preference depends on your earphone I think. Lotoo is closer to ak120 in terms of sound signature.

May 20, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #33 of 165
I kind of decided not to get the lotoo paw, at least in the short term due to lack of money. So sry!

Any comparisons between zx2 and ak120? If there is a thread on it, could kindly link me to it as well.

May 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #34 of 165
Definitely not how I hear some things. The AK120 sounds muffled to me, I don't get the width. The Tera has incredible bass unless you pair it with low impedance multi BA, but there is not point. Besides Tera dynamism is good to me. I am more in agreement on the 901 and Lotoo, except that the latest 901 UI is just fine.

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #38 of 165
sorry to see this thread slowing down.  I've been thinking that it would also be useful to have a chart as to what size, capacity, and disk-format is used by various players.  For example, I have a 256G card formatted fat32 for my Paw Gold.  What's an impatient guy to do?

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #39 of 165
  sorry to see this thread slowing down.  I've been thinking that it would also be useful to have a chart as to what size, capacity, and disk-format is used by various players.  For example, I have a 256G card formatted fat32 for my Paw Gold.  What's an impatient guy to do?

I can make another chart including these specs :) I will also add ZX2 and Paw 5000 scores to the chart today or tomorrow.   

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #40 of 165

I can make another chart including these specs :) I will also add ZX2 and Paw 5000 scores to the chart today or tomorrow.   

That would be cool.  I like to hedge my bets, and try to get as much compatibility as possible, e.g., buying micro cards with sd adapters....  piccking disk formats that work across multiple players, etc.  Lotoo wants FAT32, not sure what Sony wants yet, I copied files from a card into its built-in memory.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 165
I'm interested in getting another DAP, this has been very helpful.

Why isn't the ponoplayer on your chart?   I can provide most of the specs you can't find online.

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #43 of 165
  I'm interested in getting another DAP, this has been very helpful.

Why isn't the ponoplayer on your chart?   I can provide most of the specs you can't find online.

This chart gives a general idea after all and thank you for your help about Pono Player :)

I haven't heard Pono Player yet, but I hope getting it in near future. 

Lotoo Paw 5000 is added to the list btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back