DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1 added. More to come..)
Aug 1, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #46 of 165

Well, I've tried SilverFi, Null Audio Vitesse and FBI cables as balanced. On which earphone would you use it?

1964 Ears Adel A12 (recessed sockets)
Does HiFiMan+Balanced card work fine with standard 3.5 jack?
If it does, would you be able to say how much switching to 3.5 TRRS plug+balanced cable improves the sound?

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #47 of 165
1964 Ears Adel A12 (recessed sockets)
Does HiFiMan+Balanced card work fine with standard 3.5 jack?
If it does, would you be able to say how much switching to 3.5 TRRS plug+balanced cable improves the sound?

3.5 single ended works fine with balanced card (with normal section), but you should get a TRRS plug in order to get benefit from balanced card. With 3.5 single ended, when you listen to balanced, the sound would be distorted a bit.

Balanced card makes sound more dynamic and well separated with more alive notes.

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #48 of 165
Looking forward to the AR M2 being added to this list, I have it alongside the Sony ZX2, and to these ears, it is a one horse race, with the M2 being substantially ahead, but it does come with novice firmware flaws that stops it being a giant killer.

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #50 of 165
M2 seems like designed for headphones rather than c/iems. That volume control system, high power (so powerful for c/iems), hissing issues with sensitive monitors.
I don't have hiss with the M2 and Layla (but do with the ZX2 and Layla, although that is far less than SE846 with Hugo) - I will agree though, that in all probability for those that like low volume levels, that it may be too powerful - thankfully I like it loud and proud :)

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #51 of 165
Looking forward to the AR M2 being added to this list, I have it alongside the Sony ZX2, and to these ears, it is a one horse race, with the M2 being substantially ahead, but it does come with novice firmware flaws that stops it being a giant killer.

AR M2 takes my interest with its BB chip. Hopefully, I'll add it to the list in future :) Also, AR M1 seems to be a good player..

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #53 of 165
Did you ever see my DAP-off thread? A bit different, but it may have some interesting discussion to add.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714374/dap-off-astell-kern-ak240-hifiman-hm-901-sony-zx-1-fiio-x5-chord-hugo-calyx-m-aurender-flow-lotoo-paw-gold

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #54 of 165
  please add  "Shozy alian"

Sure, I tried to get one a while ago, but it was out of stock. I'll try to get soon. 

Did you ever see my DAP-off thread? A bit different, but it may have some interesting discussion to add.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714374/dap-off-astell-kern-ak240-hifiman-hm-901-sony-zx-1-fiio-x5-chord-hugo-calyx-m-aurender-flow-lotoo-paw-gold

Your thread is quite helpful. There are some sources that I haven't heard yet, such as Calyx M and Aurender Flow. And yes, some discussions would be nice :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #55 of 165
Definitely not how I hear some things. The AK120 sounds muffled to me, I don't get the width. The Tera has incredible bass unless you pair it with low impedance multi BA, but there is not point. Besides Tera dynamism is good to me. I am more in agreement on the 901 and Lotoo, except that the latest 901 UI is just fine.

Depends on FW and load with the 120. The latest ones are a bit dark but 1.37 is nice. I bypassed the resistor in mine and am getting a very good result. I'm also interested in MPs take on the QP1r, ZX2 and M2. I don't know if I'll ever let the 120 go simply because of storage, sound, form factor and ease of on the go use. These all have compromises and so much of selection is going to be personal preference and interfacing.

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #57 of 165
I would give a better point on bass section but lower a little bit on mid and resolution I guess. Nevertheless thanks my friend for such an awesome list
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #58 of 165
Aug 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #59 of 165
  I would give a better point on bass section but lower a little bit on mid and resolution I guess. Nevertheless thanks my friend for such an awesome list
beerchug.gif

Thank you buddy :) Well, I think ZX2's lows are a bit rough, like BA type of hit. 

you don't seem impressed , how many hours have it been burned in ?

Unfortunately not, ZX2 isn't in high class due to its separation, resolution.. The reviewed unit had more than 150 hours of burn-in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back