Danacable Lazuli Reference Thread
Jul 14, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #16 of 289
Is there a reason why you neglect to mention what you paid for these? How long is your cable? Is this interchangeable for use also with the Focal Utopias?

Not at all! In fact i really wanted to make it clear in my review that i wasn't motivated by any free product, i really just wanted to share my thoughts because i'm thrilled with the cable and in hopes that it may be of value to others who share my taste in sound signatures. I got the 2 meter cable which retails for $1,099. I got a few bucks off because I bought a used/demo version.

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 289
Have you (or any other Focal Utopia user) had an opportunity to compare the Lazuli Reference with the Kimber Axios? I'm currently using the latter (balanced) with my Focal Utopia fed by the GS-X MkII. I've heard so many good things about the Lazuli that I'm been tempted to spring for it, but I'm wondering if it would really be that much better than the Axios. I do like the upper freq detail and "air" that the Axios seems to have, and the soundstaging seems pretty good -- but if the Lazuli improves on this, then all the better. I also read on the Focal Utopia thread that some of the Focal people have specifically recommended the Axios for the Utopia but I'm not sure whether this is really true or perhaps they never heard the Lazuli?

I have owned the SD V3 with them and heard a few other great cables at RMAF last year (I know Kimber was there and listening to everything at their table, but there was so much going on that weekend, its really hard to recall). :)

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 289
Very glad a thread has finally been made for this awesome cable. I've been using the Lazuli Reference for 6 months and they've pretty much made my enjoyment go up another level. Vinh is a nice guy and easy to correspond with. I bought a demo Lazuli Ref for Audeze from him at a discounted price.

My main rig is Auralic Vega > Auralic Taurus MKII > Lazuli Reference > LCD-X / Eikon / HD800S / HE1000 v1. The last two via ultrashort adapters. I've heard a few cables before deciding on the Lazuli Ref. That list includes the Whiplash TWau, ALO Ref 16, Q Audio French Silk, and a pure silver cable from Impact Audio.

Basically, no other cable brings the note richness, layering and musicality that they do. Details are heard but not emphasised, and the note body is heavenly. Despite the well-bodied notation, imaging and separation are kicked up a notch, definitely something not expected. It improved upon the sound of all my cans. Keywords are richness, musicality, detail, and all-rounder. What a cable.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #19 of 289
Very glad a thread has finally been made for this awesome cable. I've been using the Lazuli Reference for 6 months and they've pretty much made my enjoyment go up another level. Vinh is a nice guy and easy to correspond with. I bought a demo Lazuli Ref for Audeze from him at a discounted price.

My main rig is Auralic Vega > Auralic Taurus MKII > Lazuli Reference > LCD-X / Eikon / HD800S / HE1000 v1. The last two via ultrashort adapters. I've heard a few cables before deciding on the Lazuli Ref. That list includes the Whiplash TWau, ALO Ref 16, Q Audio French Silk, and a pure silver cable from Impact Audio.

Basically, no other cable brings the note richness, layering and musicality that they do. Details are heard but not emphasised, and the note body is heavenly. Despite the well-bodied notation, imaging and separation are kicked up a notch, definitely something not expected. It improved upon the sound of all my cans. Keywords are richness, musicality, detail, and all-rounder. What a cable.

Awesome description of the cables influence on the sound! Couldn't agree more.

Anything specific to note about the pairing with the Eikon? I'm verrry close to picking one up. I'm curious because the Eikon already has such a rich sound but without being overly weighty and warm which I don't like... Actually much like the cable.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #20 of 289
Also, not sure how this works but if any mods are listening, should this thread be moved to the dedicated cables thread? Just realized that might be a more appropriate place. If you think so please go ahead and move it. Thanks!

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #21 of 289
Awesome description of the cables influence on the sound! Couldn't agree more.

Anything specific to note about the pairing with the Eikon? I'm verrry close to picking one up. I'm curious because the Eikon already has such a rich sound but without being overly weighty and warm which I don't like... Actually much like the cable.

I used the Eikon for much of the comparisons. It doesn't sound overly warm to my ears, but that's also because I have a neutral and detailed amp (Taurus MKII). The improved separation and imaging is quite apparent compared to stock.

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 289
After a fair amount of research I've just ordered the Lazuli Reference for my HEK v2's (upgrading from Moon Audio Black Dragon). I'm quite sensitive to harshness in the upper mid/treble range and my preference is a natural midrange. This cable seemed to tick all the boxes. Also liked the fact that there was a mix of positive feedback on this thread and also on professional review sites like Headphone.guru (which is particularly important to me bearing in mind that I am ordering blind). The 3 week lead time was a real bonus (and much better than the 2-3 month lead time quoted by the likes of Toxic Cables and DHC etc...).

My system is SonicTransporter i7 (HQ Player) > Sonore Ultrarendu (LPS1) > Singxer SU1 > Holo Spring KTE3 > Alo Audio Studio 6 (various NOS tubes) > HEK v2

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #23 of 289
I had been using the Focal Utopia's stock cable as well as the Kimber Axios, both of which I thought were "pretty good". Thus I was skeptical as to how much improvement the Lazuli Reference would actually be - however, seeing that they had an excellent return policy, I decided it was worth exploring the Lazuli for myself. All I can say is that I was literally blown away by the Lazuli Ref, and after about 50 hrs+ of use, I can honestly say that they are a significant improvement over the Utopia stock cable, and even somewhat more surprising, the Kimber Axios as well. I should say that I'm using them balanced from a GS-MkII (as was the Axios). Much has already been said about the Lazuli's strengths, which I certainly agree with in spades -- but if I had to single out one characteristic that sets the Lazuli apart, I would say that it is it's phenomenal ability to extract micro details from a recording and to portray them as part of a unified, very realistic picture of the music as a whole. My bottom line is that the Lazuli Reference is the "real deal" -- I can't recommend it highly enough, even to skeptics who feel that all headphone cables sound alike. Perhaps many do but not the Lazuli Ref, which is in a class by itself. I honestly can't find anything that I don't like about it.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #24 of 289
I would get the Lazuli ref but charging 100$ for each 5$ Neutrick XLR plug doesn't go well with me. It's not the cost that's the issue it's business model.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #25 of 289
I had been using the Focal Utopia's stock cable as well as the Kimber Axios, both of which I thought were "pretty good". Thus I was skeptical as to how much improvement the Lazuli Reference would actually be - however, seeing that they had an excellent return policy, I decided it was worth exploring the Lazuli for myself. All I can say is that I was literally blown away by the Lazuli Ref, and after about 50 hrs+ of use, I can honestly say that they are a significant improvement over the Utopia stock cable, and even somewhat more surprising, the Kimber Axios as well. I should say that I'm using them balanced from a GS-MkII (as was the Axios). Much has already been said about the Lazuli's strengths, which I certainly agree with in spades -- but if I had to single out one characteristic that sets the Lazuli apart, I would say that it is it's phenomenal ability to extract micro details from a recording and to portray them as part of a unified, very realistic picture of the music as a whole. My bottom line is that the Lazuli Reference is the "real deal" -- I can't recommend it highly enough, even to skeptics who feel that all headphone cables sound alike. Perhaps many do but not the Lazuli Ref, which is in a class by itself. I honestly can't find anything that I don't like about it.

Pretty much sums up my experiences with the Lazuli Reference on the Utopias. I got to hear them with several great aftermarket cables with the Utopias at RMAF last year, but this cable is truly a revelation!!! For those who want a more expansive sound stage with the Utopias, I suggest you check out this cable! Heck, regardless of the headphones that you own, this cable is right up there!

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #26 of 289
I'm keen to purchase this as I'm looking for an "end-game" copper cable.

For Lazuli Ref owners, does the cable feel heavy or stiff? I can't tell from the photos and I couldn't find any dimensions.

From the photos, it looks pretty bulky and heavy.

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #27 of 289
I'm keen to purchase this as I'm looking for an "end-game" copper cable.

For Lazuli Ref owners, does the cable feel heavy or stiff? I can't tell from the photos and I couldn't find any dimensions.

From the photos, it looks pretty bulky and heavy.

It is pretty heavy. But after getting used to it and not letting it hang to the ground (I have most of the cable rolled up on my desk) it is manageable. The sound quality makes it worth it to me.

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #28 of 289
It is pretty heavy. But after getting used to it and not letting it hang to the ground (I have most of the cable rolled up on my desk) it is manageable. The sound quality makes it worth it to me.

Thanks!

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #29 of 289
Yup, heavy. Snake-like haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back