Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #5,866 of 5,996
The Stealth gets A LOT of time on my head. I start out the session enjoying the music but wow does it get visceral after a bit as my mind gets acclimated. The greatest joy for me of the Stealth. The pleasure sneaks up on you. The Susvara gives me a similar feeling but right from the start of the session oddly enough. Utopia OG starts out on fire and stays on fire until I take it off and have a want for a post "session" cigarette. I love the emotional part of the music experience. Best therapy of them all!

And an E3 is on the way since I just could not resist!

Happy Holidays!

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #5,867 of 5,996
The Stealth gets A LOT of time on my head. I start out the session enjoying the music but wow does it get visceral after a bit as my mind gets acclimated.
I too have this experience and have seen it being reported with the Stealth by a few others. I think the earpads getting warm and softer, creating an even better seal, have a lot to do with it (as well as the mind getting acclimated). It's an experience I only have with the Stealth. I agree with both your other impressions as well!

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #5,868 of 5,996
The Stealth gets A LOT of time on my head. I start out the session enjoying the music but wow does it get visceral after a bit as my mind gets acclimated. The greatest joy for me of the Stealth. The pleasure sneaks up on you. The Susvara gives me a similar feeling but right from the start of the session oddly enough. Utopia OG starts out on fire and stays on fire until I take it off and have a want for a post "session" cigarette. I love the emotional part of the music experience. Best therapy of them all!

And an E3 is on the way since I just could not resist!

Happy Holidays!

I too have this experience and have seen it being reported with the Stealth by a few others. I think the earpads getting warm and softer, creating an even better seal, have a lot to do with it (as well as the mind getting acclimated). It's an experience I only have with the Stealth. I agree with both your other impressions as well!

Yes
and
Yes

Ps. I would love to have softer pads with Stealth I mean much softer. Maybe even something with two layers, first touching your face that is thinner and super soft to melt on your head and make good seal, second stiffer (could be the one that is used now) to support whole pad and keep the distance from your ear. Maybe it would solve seal problems. @mrspeakers have you thought about something like that?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #5,869 of 5,996
Another award for Stealth, this from Positive Feedback, award here...

Hoping I didn't double post! :)

Dan_Clark_Audio_Stealth.jpg

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 9, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #5,870 of 5,996
Bought used unit from this forum, here are my toughts so far:
How on earth someone says these are not fun sounding? Maybe insuffient amping? These do require some solid juice from the amp.
There is plenty bass, sub bass and mids are smooth and nice sounding. Highs have enough energy as well.
Soundstage is bigger than i expect from a closed back, imaging is spot on.

I am pleased.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #5,872 of 5,996
How on earth someone says these are not fun sounding? Maybe insuffient amping? These do require some solid juice from the amp.
There is plenty bass, sub bass and mids are smooth and nice sounding. Highs have enough energy as well.

I am pleased.
Glad to hear it! For some people the headphone has insufficient clamp in the stock configuration and without a good seal all the subbass and midbass goes poof.
On a great amp with a great dac behind it they are my favourite headphones :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #5,875 of 5,996

I am pleased.
Thats because V222 is perfect fit for leaner more neutral headphones like stealth, HD800S, Beyers, Hifimans.
Lots of headphones need some warmth because of lean tonal balance and this is where warmer amp or dac comes to help.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #5,877 of 5,996
I have a dca stealth, I'm thinking about buying an IEM, I thought about the empire ears legend EVO, do you think it will be a complement to the stealth?

ThieAudio Hype 4 is more like Stealth than the EE Legend Evo

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #5,878 of 5,996
ThieAudio Hype 4 is more like Stealth than the EE Legend Evo
Depends if the OP wants a stealth in IEM form or a different sound signature altogether, the latter of which is the more popular usage of "complementary"

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #5,879 of 5,996
I have a dca stealth, I'm thinking about buying an IEM, I thought about the empire ears legend EVO, do you think it will be a complement to the stealth?
I'd say Truthear NOVA is the poster child for Harman in-ear, doesn't mean it necesarily sounds like the STEALTH though. The upper mids are shoutier and less natural sounding on the NOVA, part of this is to do with the Harman in-ear target just not being as amenable to most people as the over-ear target is.

graph.png

I'll have the Hype 4 and 10 in maybe on Friday or Monday and have high hopes for both of them to sound better and more like the STEALTH. There's also the XENNS Top and Binary Acoustics Chopin which are worth a mention here given that bass bump gives a similar STEALTH/EXPANSE-like impact.

graph (1).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back