Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jun 12, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #5,626 of 5,994
...and I am officially without a Susvara. Stealth wins.
As someone with a Susvara but interest in a stealth, how did it beat out the Susvara for you?

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #5,628 of 5,994
As someone with a Susvara but interest in a stealth, how did it beat out the Susvara for you?
I own both, Susvara is a bit more forgiving and Stealth is a bit more revealing, which is very nice on immaculate recordings.
Stealth bass is better in both quality and quantity.
Susvara has a better/more pleasing soundstage for me on most songs. I love them both equally :)

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #5,629 of 5,994
It is not a beat actually, more a preference. I just wasn't using the Susvara and decided to let it go to someone who could enjoy it more. Also these days I am going around the house with a DAP and Susvara is too fragile and expensive for leaving around. I think Stealth has a more robust build. The person that bought it has a Stealth and was looking for something else. So hopefully Susvara is what he is looking for.

I can fully understand if someone prefers Susvara as it has an amazing stage with very spacious separation with great clarity. It is a classic with a throne of its own. But I am satisfied with Stealth and Expanse. I might get a HE1000v2 for hearing around me as Expanse isolates too well for an open back but I don't need a Susvara for that.

All in all, DCA and HifiMan are for me two best HP producers in the world. They have differences in their approach but both are providing best of the best. Not regretting having Susvara, I am sure will not regret checking their next HPs in the future.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #5,630 of 5,994
@DarginMahkum

The enthronement of few Flagships for me will take place in autumn....and the nice thing...you don't need to spend 6.000/5000 or 4000 euros for that 😎

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #5,631 of 5,994
Anyone looking for a Stealth in the EU: Maybe opening up space for the secret HP @Nomax mentions, I decided to find a new home for my wife's Stealth. If one of us takes the Stealth, other takes the Expanse and so far I love them equally and the third sits idle in the box. Let me know if you are looking for one.

Edit: Gone.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #5,632 of 5,994
Don't worry, the Stealth will still be in my collection in the future👍

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #5,633 of 5,994
Welp... I really needed a low-sensitivity closed-back I could use on the same amps at the same settings as my Abyss TC, and I got tired of waiting for the Abyss Closed to appear. So I headed to a nearby shop to demo the Stealth against my current favorite closed -- the Stellia. I own the Ether-C and have always had a love-hate relationship with it. It's for sure neutral and detailed, but a bit lifeless and bass-shy, and didn't know what to expect.

Happy to report that the Stealth has none of the downsides of the Ether-C. It's like listening to a slab of granite, in a good way. It can slam, it has presence, it has beef, with an incredible soundstage. The Stellia is still amazing, and the best choice in the world for a high-sensitivity portable closed, but in comparison it overemphasized the treble and wasn't able to match the technical precision of the Stealth. My worries that the Stealth wouldn't be able to bring rock and metal to the table were completely unfounded, thankfully. I can't say I'm a fan of the gamer aesthetic, but all the materials seem top-notch (and the awful slider stops from the Ether-C that never would stop sliding are gone).

I will have my own pair in less than two weeks. New Norne cable on order and in the meantime I will use the one I still have for my Ether-C. (God help me if Abyss finally decide to release THEIR closed this year.)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #5,635 of 5,994
So... my Stealth is getting much much more air time since I got Shanling M9+, quite a feat of power for this DAP to drive the Stealth so well... thanks to @DarginMahkum for helping me take the jump :) Stealth is so convenient on the go for this performance bracket to be so compact I can take it everywhere and at last a portable DAP (M17 will retire and go on sale now) that can drive it well :heart_eyes:

IMG_6570.jpeg

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #5,636 of 5,994
So... my Stealth is getting much much more air time since I got Shanling M9+, quite a feat of power for this DAP to drive the Stealth so well... thanks to @DarginMahkum for helping me take the jump :) Stealth is so convenient on the go for this performance bracket to be so compact I can take it everywhere and at last a portable DAP (M17 will retire and go on sale now) that can drive it well :heart_eyes:

I am really impressed with the amount of clean power that little thing pumps. It is an amazing duo. Contrary to what many believe, Stealth can be driven very well from a portable for any normal music. At least I don't remember a situation I said "hmmm, not satisfactory". Even the less powerful SP3000 provides very good results, but you really need to turn the volume upto 100-110/150 depending on the music. With M9+ %50 is often more than enough in turbo mode.

Jun 29, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #5,637 of 5,994
I usually run Stealth off Ferrum stack or Bliss. Sometimes I run it off of the DX300Max Ti and I have never thought that something was missing with that combo. Very impressive. It is rare that I listen to an HP or IEM and not think sometimes about what is missing. With Stealth, I rarely if ever think about anything that is missing. I just enjoy the music!

Jun 29, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #5,638 of 5,994

IMG_6570.jpeg
David, good to see you around again. I am not around as much lately but just here and there. With Stealth I get a little of the Elysium vibe? Do you also get the same? I do not have my Elysium anymore due to a need to reduce the herd. Elysium is an IEM in which I felt not much was missing at all.

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #5,639 of 5,994
David, good to see you around again. I am not around as much lately but just here and there. With Stealth I get a little of the Elysium vibe? Do you also get the same? I do not have my Elysium anymore due to a need to reduce the herd. Elysium is an IEM in which I felt not much was missing at all.
Thanks, yeah I have been through a very rough patch these past few months not much on HF but slowly coming back to the community...

Totally get the same vibe indeed, the good thing of owning all your flagship IEM custom is you hang tight to them and the Ely has been a classic never out of date... it's my pick whenever I listen to Jazz and that's one thing I can say the Stealth does the best of the genre the kind of treatment it deserves :) A technically flawless performance to match up the complexities and nuances of the genre but also a soulful mid range that provides such great timbre and musicality... Indeed I agree despite the tech differences the tuning philosophy is quite similar. One thing Stealth does better is bass and of couse being a headphone bigger stage... Ely on the flipside has the edge up top IMHO but that's also a benefit of deep fit customs... both have a similar midrange with such exquisite bite, impressive separation and accurate timbre.

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #5,640 of 5,994
I own both, Susvara is a bit more forgiving and Stealth is a bit more revealing, which is very nice on immaculate recordings.
Stealth bass is better in both quality and quantity.
Susvara has a better/more pleasing soundstage for me on most songs. I love them both equally :)
I couldn't agree more. I found the Susvara to be much more relaxed and enjoyable, with a more immersive soundstage. I would say it leans slightly towards being a sound-enhancing headphone. The DCA Stealth, on the other hand, is a masterpiece of analytical listening, offering an incredibly good, sober and balanced transparency. It offers perfect presentation and a clean, structured and unadulterated listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back