Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 21, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #5,386 of 5,996
What cable did you get for the Stealth to shine in the bass?

I got a Crystal Cable Double Duet. Not exactly cheap, so I would only recommend it if you plan the keep your DCA Stealth for a longer time (like me). This Crystal Cable does little wonders with every high end headphones, imo. I use another CCDD for the Utopias. With the Stealth a high quality pure silver cable without gold content should work well too, I would expect.

Cheers,
Bernie

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #5,387 of 5,996
Does anyone have an EQ setting to make the AFC 2 Noire sound like the Stealth?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #5,389 of 5,996
Does anyone have an EQ setting to make the AFC 2 Noire sound like the Stealth?
Both are very close to the Harman target, Stealth is just a bit closer. I think what makes Stealth special is the low distortion, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to mimic Stealth’s sound by using EQ. That said, the Aeon Noire are very close in sound signature to the Stealth, the Stealth are just better.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #5,390 of 5,996
Jan 31, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #5,391 of 5,996
Both are very close to the Harman target, Stealth is just a bit closer. I think what makes Stealth special is the low distortion, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to mimic Stealth’s sound by using EQ. That said, the Aeon Noire are very close in sound signature to the Stealth, the Stealth are just better.
I tried both just a few days ago (Noire first, Stealth was the next pair on my head). Can't agree with them being similar, at all. That said none of them were bad, just very different to me; the Noire being quite dark with a lot of bass, some of it in places I didn't expect. The Stealth felt anemic at first coming immediately from the Noire, but turns out it was just more balanced and nuanced - the bass came, just not constantly.

As usual ymmv and everyone hears differently etc. Hard agree on Stealth being the better of the two, and seeing the pricetag, it better be! Is the difference 4 times sonically as it is in price? Difficult to quantify, but I'd lean towards no :)

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #5,392 of 5,996
Lately I've been looking for some new music, so going through Qobuz library into the deepest corners and I found an amazing album.
Actually it's not my type of music, but it's very well made and feels like it's a binaural recording. Extremely deep bass notes and kinda 'watery' sounds make an amazing amazing experience with stealth.

Yosi Horikawa - Vapor
yosi horikawa vapor.jpg

Whole album is an experience but two tracks that I feel really show strengths of Stealth:
Interlude
Bump

This album could be used at shows on Dan Clark Audio booth.

ps. I bet it's a good listen also on Expanse :wink:

Feb 24, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #5,393 of 5,996
Lately I've been looking for some new music, so going through Qobuz library into the deepest corners and I found an amazing album.
Actually it's not my type of music, but it's very well made and feels like it's a binaural recording. Extremely deep bass notes and kinda 'watery' sounds make an amazing amazing experience with stealth.

Yosi Horikawa - Vapor
yosi horikawa vapor.jpg

Whole album is an experience but two tracks that I feel really show strengths of Stealth:
Interlude
Bump

This is a very common demo track from Yosi for soundstage presentation.

47F80F0E-AE14-4C73-A337-B1EF474BA2ED.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/nYGG5Zw.png

Feb 24, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #5,394 of 5,996

Yosi Horikawa - Vapor
yosi horikawa vapor.jpg

Interlude
Bump

it sounds amazing on mine Hifiman Ananda as well

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #5,395 of 5,996
Yes, fantastic on both Stealth and Susvara but i was also surprised how well the airpods pro 2 sound with this! (maybe a tad bass emphasized and not top clarity...but what a heck), Just imagine where we will be in 20 years of headphone and music production progress....hope to be alive to experience that considering looking in the rearview mirror 20 years back........

Feb 26, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #5,396 of 5,996
I’m considering getting the stealth to use as my daily use home working headphone. Comfort is very important. I listen to all genres from classical to electronic and metal. I’m planning to use the fiio m17 in dc mode and the hugo 2. Could the stealth work for me?

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #5,397 of 5,996
I’m considering getting the stealth to use as my daily use home working headphone. Comfort is very important. I listen to all genres from classical to electronic and metal. I’m planning to use the fiio m17 in dc mode and the hugo 2. Could the stealth work for me?
M17 in DC mode works. It's an extremely comfortable headphone I wear all day. Try it out first to see if you get a good seal and like the bass.

Feb 27, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #5,399 of 5,996
M17 in DC mode works.
jup - no problem here

Try it out first to see if you get a good seal and like the bass.
absolutely right ... !

I am still fighting with my recently bought stealth - after the first minutes listening to it, I was kind of shocked and could only describe its sound signature as "somehow like a dead fish". I was VERY disappointed.

But then I decided to give it a try and I found that the sound is changing after listening to it for some time ~ 15-20 minutes (probably the earpads get warm and adapt to my head - and a seal is created). Also the positioning of the Headphone makes a big difference (at least on my small head) - thank you for posting this hint in one of the postings above.

Though still not 100% satisfied with the Stealth .... but at least I can see (parts) of its potential now .... - but still under investigation/ trying

:)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #5,400 of 5,996
jup - no problem here

absolutely right ... !

I am still fighting with my recently bought stealth - after the first minutes listening to it, I was kind of shocked and could only describe its sound signature as "somehow like a dead fish". I was VERY disappointed.

But then I decided to give it a try and I found that the sound is changing after listening to it for some time ~ 15-20 minutes (probably the earpads get warm and adapt to my head - and a seal is created). Also the positioning of the Headphone makes a big difference (at least on my small head) - thank you for posting this hint in one of the postings above.

Though still not 100% satisfied with the Stealth .... but at least I can see (parts) of its potential now .... - but still under investigation/ trying

:)
Burn in is real, so is brain burn in. Also position matters, we generally find most people like the ear to be positioned as noted in the user guide, but some people prefer to slide the headphone back a bit.

Lastly, amps matter a lot. If you have any questions to get the best experience just let me know...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back