Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 12, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #3,286 of 5,996
Why - I am also driving Susvara, HE-6 on the WA33 "past 12 o'clock" - from a power perspective the WA33 seems to be a good match for the Stealth.
I am a big believer in "more power helps more" (I have only ever owned V8 engine cars in the last 30 years :))

Part of my motivation to add the Stealth to my collection is because of its apparently fairly unique sound signature - I tend to listen to 3-4 different IEMs and headphones in the course of a day ... in many different modes, between focused and background listening. The promise of finding a more neutral presentation (from a "slam" perspective) with sufficient details and correct tonality could be very appealing e.g. to listen to progressive rock, complex heavy metal, or opera (e.g. Wagner's Ring) to find a different appreciation compared to the usual suspects (Utopia, HE6, D8000 Pro, Susvara, EE Odin, ...).

Sony MDR-Z1R is a similarly unique headphone that I am keeping around for much the same purpose - to provide a completely different flavor when I'm in the mood. Actually prefer my good old Liquid Fire for that one over the WA33 :)
Makes sense if you already have TOTL Open Headphones, so all good for your use case.

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #3,287 of 5,996
The wa33 isn’t too powerful for anything
9256B094-788D-45BF-B910-9290F747AC40.png

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #3,289 of 5,996
Surprisingly it even works with many IEMs, with a very tolerable low noise floor. WA33 is really impressive on the technicalities, and I love the sound. No regrets :xf_cool:
That's interesting. I'd be interested how the Meze Rai Penta sound on it.

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #3,290 of 5,996
That's interesting. I'd be interested how the Meze Rai Penta sound on it.
Like flat trash to me, but that’s how they sound on everything to me. Besides iem’s being to me like metal in his mouth was to Nick Cage the Rai Penta turned me off of iems. Now I’ve heard the Trailiii recently and they are amazingly similar to the Susvara but not a fan of things in my ears ultimately.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #3,292 of 5,996
Jan 13, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,295 of 5,996
Hi guys,

do you think that headband strap on Stealth may loosen over time? For my big skull is rubber (or whatever they used) in that strap quite strong, and cups are moving up. This tense also causes that my ears are touching the interior of cups.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #3,296 of 5,996
Jan 13, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,298 of 5,996
Another thing is you will not see a huge jump in sonic performance jumping from your current amp to WA33, but you will definitely experience a refreshing “change” with a High end Open Back Headphone.
To be honest even the Grado ones are excellent, just don’t expect them to be neutral like the Stealth but they have one of the best tones for certain instruments like the Piano and the legendary electric guitar.

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #3,300 of 5,996
... Stereonet being of those publications where every product is a gold star award winner ... honestly I value your insights more highly than their reviews, reads too much like an advertorial IMHO (I have written advertorials -- with disclosure -- I know the smell)
I agree...and here I am as an owner saying it's fairly accurate. If ever, it's a bit soft on the review, but still accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back