Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 9, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,126 of 6,001
Has anyone tested DCA Stealth on pc games and movies?
Oh ya, it’s my main use of Stealth. I play mostly Apex Legends for FPS and previous to stealth I considered the CX maybe the very best gaming headphone on the market, but Stealth again stepped up and took the crown.

the imaging and separation gives not only pinpoint accuracy to action around the map, but the new level of separation and lack of distortion allows for a subtlety of sounds (at great distance the clear understanding of footsteps heading towards/away from you and in which direction and/or at what height above below you they are heading) is just world class.

bass impact of explosions are amazing and the high register of firing weapons is never shrill or sibilant.

11/10 for gaming.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,127 of 6,001
Oh ya, it’s my main use of Stealth. I play mostly Apex Legends for FPS and previous to stealth I considered the CX maybe the very best gaming headphone on the market, but Stealth again stepped up and took the crown.

the imaging and separation gives not only pinpoint accuracy to action around the map, but the new level of separation and lack of distortion allows for a subtlety of sounds (at great distance the clear understanding of footsteps heading towards/away from you and in which direction and/or at what height above below you they are heading) is just world class.

bass impact of explosions are amazing and the high register of firing weapons is never shrill or sibilant.

11/10 for gaming.
nice to hear that I gues bigger soundstage helps in that regard. coming back to question of CX pads are only ZMF universe pads are compatible or Verite pads also fits CX.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #1,128 of 6,001

11/10 for gaming.
How's the imaging, soundstage, and very infrequent explosions like on The Secret of Monkey Island?

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1,129 of 6,001
How's the imaging, soundstage, and very infrequent explosions like on The Secret of Monkey Island?
Oh, we have an old timer. :) My Stealth is arriving tomorrow. Just noticed that my Rögnir is on the shelf charging its laser gun.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,130 of 6,001
“It’s better than a Lilly livered Land Lubber swilling Grog!”

one of my favorite game series of all time. The insult fighting is genius. In fact, I have a crystal skull mug on a shelf named “Murray”

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #1,131 of 6,001
Oh, we have an old timer. :) My Stealth is arriving tomorrow. Just noticed that my Rögnir is on the shelf charging its laser gun.
Boomer alert - I'm outta the closet now! 👴

Excellent - you're the guy we're all depending on for the ultimate comparison between the Stealth and Rögnir! It's Power Gloves at dawn, gentleman!

screenshot-2019-09-06-at-11-44-28.original (2).jpg

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #1,132 of 6,001
Boomer alert - I'm outta the closet now! 👴

Excellent - you're the guy we're all depending on for the ultimate comparison between the Stealth and Rögnir! It's Power Gloves at dawn, gentleman!

screenshot-2019-09-06-at-11-44-28.original (2).jpg
I just made my kids watch “The Wizard” which was the power glove, Mario 3 reveal/ feature film that blew my mind as a kid….. although we are seriously in the weeds with topic now!

back to Stealth!

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,133 of 6,001

11/10 for gaming.
I also play Apex almost exclusively (2.5k+ hours :D), i have to say that my Sennheiser GSX 1000 is so much better for gaming regardless of the headset used.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #1,134 of 6,001
Once you get your Stealth can you please let me know how the Dx300 can run it. And does it sound good together? Because I'm pretty certain my Elite will be returned and the Stealth is on my radar.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #1,135 of 6,001
I also play Apex almost exclusively (2.5k+ hours :D), i have to say that my Sennheiser GSX 1000 is so much better for gaming regardless of the headset used.
I’ve tried a lot of the weird stuff for synthetic 3D, including live sound, DIRAC and others, and decided they all took more away than they added, but for overall sound quality when you process it through your audiophile gear to me it still sounds better.

I came from the Audigy line of sound cards to dedicated Dac/amp in my sig, even for gaming.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #1,136 of 6,001

It would be nice to have some free comparison between these two..
I like the apparent compactness of the stealth for travelling purpose, but ...

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,137 of 6,001
nice to hear that I gues bigger soundstage helps in that regard. coming back to question of CX pads are only ZMF universe pads are compatible or Verite pads also fits CX.
I don’t know, I toyed between the two when ordering but saw more positive reviews on the universe as better enjoyed on the CX with more seasoned pad rollers in general so went that way.

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #1,138 of 6,001
Don't really notice the red stitching now that I received the headphones. I like the pleats for head comfort. Red is underneath so even on a stand you don't see it. They don't feel like gaming headphones. Fit and finish is very nice.
To me most 'gaming' headphones look cheap. These look anything but cheap. Matte carbon fiber is not easy to produce with good results and the handstitched look of the headband and other details really draws in the eyes. Also who said the gamers own the rights to black and red colorways? I actually only like red when done tastefully as an accent color. I think they nailed it. Although I do agree that adding some other colors on the future is a great idea (Black with green stitching for me please).

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,139 of 6,001

11/10 for gaming.

thank you for your report, I will use the stealth mainly for gaming, alot of fps too, now I ne ed to choose a dac/amp for it.

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,140 of 6,001
Or, racing seats inspired.....
35BD9771-958D-469E-B2D7-C5991B0CAAAC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back