Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 8, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,111 of 6,001
Nice! I actually have a similar setup, at the moment. I also have another DAC / amp but managed to steal the ADI-2 from my wife's home studio, as she is using the Babyface these days. The PEQ of the RME is killer.

I just got the notification that mine was sent. Maybe I will receive it already this week.

20210908_193739.jpg
My exact setup. Have some Wywires platinum cables and diamond XLR interconnects heading my way to take it up a notch.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,112 of 6,001
I did A/B these HOWEVER I basically nullified my comparison as I only listened with CX original DUMMER cable, vs the stealth on the VIVO.

that said I know CX inside and out daily driver for 9 months, the Stealth is what I consider CX ELITE. Literally everything I loved about the cX was stepped up in the stealth, but the huge things are soundstage doubling, the experience of instruments seemingly directly behind others, nuance of decay and vocals are buttery not as shrill/digitized. CX wasn’t bad at any of this stuff, but the stealth just showed me what was possible.

comparatively the Stealth does away with all of the “brittleness” in how razor sharp the CX is, and adds presence “weight” across the board and does all the bass wonderfulness that I had to EQ in to the CX.

sold my CX a week after Stealths arrived.
Many thanks for your feedback and it's exactly what I was expecting. Enjoy your Stealth I will save up to replace my CX one day 😊

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #1,113 of 6,001
Many thanks for your feedback and it's exactly what I was expecting. Enjoy your Stealth I will save up to replace my CX one day 😊
Don’t rush those are amazing cans! I highly recommend Amir’s EQ settings to really make them shine, mostly bass and a slight drop in low treble

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #1,116 of 6,001
Managed to pick up the Stealth yesterday after thinking over if I wanted to go with it or the Meze Elite. Deciding factors (coming from the OG Empyrean) were that I wanted a closed back to block out AC/PC noise and I wanted to move towards something thats supposed to be more "on target" rather than the musicality of the Empyrean. I also appreciate the smaller profile they have over the Meze.

Its taking a lot of getting used to coming from the Empyrean sound for so long but I'm appreciating that I'm not getting female vocals sizzling in my ear that the Empyrean sometimes did. The bass is still enjoyable for me as I've read the Emp is considered basshead many times. The Steath sounds a hint muffled/soft in comparison but again, I think im just used to the sizzling that the Empyrean did at certain frequencies. Also I'm pretty much convinced that my A90 will need to be replaced to get the most out of these which could completely fix the softness I mentioned. I'm open to amp suggestions if anyone wants to throw them my way. Would prefer solid state since Im really not looking into falling into the tube swapping rabbit hole lol.

The isolation is great, better than I expected or at least hoped for. Not as isolating as ANC obviously, but its enough to deal with background noise. For a while I was considering the Noire just to have a closed back when I needed the isolation but glad I held off on it to go for this. Just on day 2 so far so going to keep burning these in. Im not the greatest at reviewing headhphones, but there aren't many being posted about the stealth and figured id give my 2 cents at least.

Hmm Stealth feels muffled/soft compared to Empyrean? That is alarming because, to me, the Empyrean is the most muffled flagship in existence - even direct from DAVE. I am hoping that it is related to amp pairing rather than inherent Stealth signature.

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #1,117 of 6,001
Hmm Stealth feels muffled/soft compared to Empyrean? That is alarming because, to me, the Empyrean is the most muffled flagship in existence - even direct from DAVE. I am hoping that it is related to amp pairing rather than inherent Stealth signature.
Ever. In all of existence. LOL

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,118 of 6,001
Tonight, listening to Roon Endpoint (raspberry pi) connected to Hugo 2 connected ZMF Pendant SE tube amp with Norne Vykari headphone cables. Stealths scale up very nicely. Very resolving.
how does the stealth do straight out of the hugo 2?

agreed, I sold my empyrean faster than any HP I ever owned...found it lacking detail ..I find it hard to believe the stealth is muffled in comparison to the empyrean which I why I take what people here say with a grain of salt...other than a few people I have come to trust...given the reviews I have read thus far I assume this is erroneous

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #1,120 of 6,001
good to hear because on my diana phi that I used to own the hugo 2 could drive them but not to the level I hoped....

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #1,121 of 6,001
Has anyone tested DCA Stealth on pc games and movies?
For that I will probably wait for the release of Dying Light 2. :p

That is for me highly unlikely. Empyrean has bump around 200 Hz which would make it thick and slightly boxy, additionally recessed upper mids and treble, which would make it sound less detailed and muffled (though technically it might not be, I don't know, I didn't try to EQ). But at the same time, has a lot of energy >10 kHz., which could be the reason of "sizzle" some people complain about.

1631170649933.png

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #1,123 of 6,001
Hopefully in the future there will be a version without red stitching. Now it looks more like a gaming accessory, than a $4K high-end headphones.
Don't really notice the red stitching now that I received the headphones. I like the pleats for head comfort. Red is underneath so even on a stand you don't see it. They don't feel like gaming headphones. Fit and finish is very nice.

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,124 of 6,001
Don't really notice the red stitching now that I received the headphones. I like the pleats for head comfort. Red is underneath so even on a stand you don't see it. They don't feel like gaming headphones. Fit and finish is very nice.
Give us some impressions :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back