Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #902 of 5,996
And anyone who could overlook its cheap build quality it’s shady abuse of the R10 name and aesthetics, it’s measurements especially distortion, its 5 dollar oem cheap wood cups for such an outrageous price is probably overlooking its sound deficiencies as well.
I agree with these physical flaws- very much- but the stealth in my eyes looks pretty cheap to. Looks like a gaming headphone..

My only question is which sounds better.......

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #905 of 5,996
LCD4 needs EQ, XC needs rebuilding
Thanks for your impressions. Sounds like the Stealth did pretty well there. As to the XC, I never listen to it without EQ. With Audeze presets I like it a lot, but yes, I can understand your impressions if you listened to it without EQ. I also always EQ the 4 by the way.

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #906 of 5,996
1630654880598.png

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #908 of 5,996
I do not understand why the HE-R10 is looked at as a joke.

Again, multiple reviews place it at very near to Susvara levels technically in a closed back and superior to Susvara in bass, impact, musicality, richness of tone. Price is not much more than the stealth. It can be driven with very little power.

Does not seem like a joke to me.
Made some inquiries , local price is actually less than the Stealth. I also thought they were a joke based on overall Head-fi speculations , but then again, my favorite headphone is also a joke on Head-fi (Z1R). So definitely giving them a listen first chance i get.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #912 of 5,996
Please leave this site and go to ASR and get excited about measurements...
And also about the "fact" that every DAC and Solid State amp in existence sound exactly the same.

Sure the site is useful to Dig out measurements.
All other info from there is questionable at best, imo

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #913 of 5,996
I agree with these physical flaws- very much- but the stealth in my eyes looks pretty cheap to. Looks like a gaming headphone..
While I had a similar initial impression based on photos, after seeing it in a few videos the design has definitely grown on me. You can't fully appreciate the quality of the materials used (especially matte ones) based on static images, you need to see how light reflects off of it, and maybe get closer to appreciate textures. But we'll see how I feel about it when I hold it in my hands. Eagerly awaiting a shipping notification while I'm contemplating a headphone amp splurge to do them justice.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #914 of 5,996
While I had a similar initial impression based on photos, after seeing it in a few videos the design has definitely grown on me. You can't fully appreciate the quality of the materials used (especially matte ones) based on static images, you need to see how light reflects off of it, and maybe get closer to appreciate textures. But we'll see how I feel about it when I hold it in my hands. Eagerly awaiting a shipping notification while I'm contemplating a headphone amp a splurge to do them justice.
Which amps are you currently considering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back